Friday, April 22, 2011

T.G.I.F.

I am juvenile. I have never denied that.
I loved the movie The Wedding Crashers!
I loved The Hangover.
So when I saw that this new movie had both Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman you'd think that would be enough for me. But then I saw it was from the producers of the aforementioned movies I had to check it out.

I am childish enough to say I will probably really like this movie.
No it will not win an Academy award. 
I know you all think I'm crazy now.
This is no Hotel Rwanda, The Kings Speech or even Little Miss Sunshine.
But this will make me laugh.
This will make me forget that gas is $4.00 + a gallon for just a few hours.
This will allow me to escape and forget.....and I won't need a 12 step program afterwards.

11 comments:

regan said...

OMG Peg! You're a freak! I will NOT be seeing that movie!

Of course....I'm laughing right now.....but, well.....no.

Anonymous said...

i can never predict how im going to react to these types of movies. for instance, i HATED wedding crashers, i thought the hangover was just ok, but i LOVED hot tub time machine. I know. bad. :) also, we watched Grown Ups last night which is along the same vein as these flicks and i HATED it. i though it was totally stupid and i didnt laugh once.
sometimes i wonder if my reaction to these juvenile type flicks has more to do with my current mood than the actual movie.

TGIF!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Regan - I need the humor in my life right now. The stress is getting to me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - I thought Grown Ups was bad too. But I did like the others. I so understand why people would find these horrible. I am in dire need of the laughter endorphines right now.

Mike said...

Looks like a funny one.

Ms. A said...

I have a feeling my kids (adults) will love it!

Tracy said...

PEg, you can be however you want to be! that is fine...speaking of movies, we are going to see 'African Cats' tonight...can't wait!

mamahasspoken said...

I would go watch this movie if it wasn't for the fact that I can't seemed to be able to make it through a whole movie without leaving to go to the bathroom, get a drink, or just movie around. Any way, yep this is the type movie I like too. No deep thoughts, social justice movies for me. Nope. Give me mind rotting ones any day. At least I'll be laughing!

alessandra said...

LOL! I'll definitely be watching this, plus I don't drink ;)

Jessie said...

I. have. to. see. this. movie.

Carma Sez said...

Ryan Reynolds is too dang hot. Love him.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hangover too; didn't expect I'd like it but I did; You've got some good taste in movies ;-)