I deactivated my facebook account a couple of years ago.
My birthday was the 4th, and a friend called to say she saw a lot of birthday wishes on FB for me. How can that be if I'm deactivated? I can't open it, and I don't want to, but it kind of confuses me how someone can write on my FB page if I deactivated it. You should not be able to find me. I may just have to delete it completely. I do enjoy using messenger though. Oh well. I am not activating FB again, that is for certain.
So if you left me a birthday wish there. I'm sorry I did not respond. Thank you for the wishes, but 70 is not a celebratory birthday to me. It was more a cry-in-your-drink kind of birthday.😂
I did more yard work today. I didn't do as much since I was a bit sore. I thought I'd do a bit less and just add a day. I will be working out there all week while it is in the 80s.The ole power washing is up next. And y'all know how much I love to powerwash.
I will get everything back in place on the patio and under the gazebo, and then the heavy-duty pollen will arrive to cover it all in yellow. We have everything under covers, and last night we wanted to sit out there so much so we took the cover off one end and sat there.
It was just such a beautiful night. No humidity yet so these temps are great. Come June I'll hate it but in the mean time I am spending as much time as I can outdoors.
I have an area by a fence that the woman who lived here before us never planted anything. It's just dirt, and it has a decorative border with nothing there. I would like to do some creeping thyme so it isn't something I have to weed and bother a lot with. Seeds or plants? Have you done either of these? I'm leaning towards plants, but seeds sure would be cheaper for a 12 ft long area. (it's actually longer than 12 ft but 12 ft of seeds would be enough)
Rick can no longer remove our mailbox that was cemented into a Home Depot bucket. Our mailbox has been hit so many damn times and knocked completely over that it has become a joke.
I looked at Lowe's for a new mailbox. I can put that together. But digging up the old one is my issue. I tried. It was a joke. First, I'm not that strong. Second, my right shoulder has just had a steroid shot to avoid the shoulder replacement they have been telling me I have needed for the last 2 yrs. So pain digging was an issue. I did it for awhile and decided I needed a big strong man and I admit that makes me mad. I should be able to do this simple task.
I don't want to hire someone for this. It is something I should be able to do.
So tomorrow I will try again.I am also putting a light on the post on the top of the new mailbox so drivers can see it. Also, putting some reflectors on the long post. Will it help? God only knows.
I've seen the UPS driver hit it. I did not see the Amazon driver who came in the wee hours of the morning. But my box was at my front door, and my mailbox was on the ground, so who else could have done it? We got that back upright and 2 days later the mailman hit it.
I asked the mailman if our mailbox was too close to the street since he and his partner had knocked it over 2 x. He said, Oh no it wasn't and he didn't think moving it further away from the street would help the mail people get my mail easily to me. Okay fine. THEN QUIT DRIVING INTO MY MAILBOX.
I took a survey and asked the Amazon and UPS drivers. They both said it was the long driveway that was the issue for them. When backing out, they can see why someone would hit it. Of course, they both said they never have. I said I get that, but we have a driveway with a turnaround area, so you don't have to back out. If you are pulling up to our front door area, it's right there for you to turn around. Could you please try to use that next time? They both just said, "oh"
Like that never occurred to them for some reason. I know they won't use it, and they will continue to back out.
So that is the spring clean-up review for today. My hydrangeas have big ole buds on them and I can't wait for them to burst. Same with the trees in the yard. Edging, weed wacking, mulching, and pulling weeds yet again today. More tomorrow. Don't buy an acre of land unless you can afford people to care for it. See why I wanted a condo for this phase of my life?
19 comments:
Yes, yard work is tough for seniors. Good luck with the mailbox!
So you're not gonna help me? Ah, c'mon.
70 isn't bad, I.m 76 and MaryLoy will be 78 soon. I had a chaion link P for my mailbox, the links we very heavy yet one night some one drove over it and flattened it. I'm pretty sure that car had much damage with it. After that I never had anything put in place. Oh well, that;s life. Enjoy life my friend.
Cruisin Paul
Wow, they drove over it. They were lucky to be able to drive away.😀
I find a lot of comfort working in my yard, but it took me a while to slow down and find my rhythm. There are so many things I would like to do, but can't for either physical or financial reasons. So you have to do a think-around. Do smaller projects or break them up into smaller tasks for each day, just like your thoughts on the Creeping Thyme. Big area but easier sowing seeds. You made it into a task-size you can handle. I also had a thought for Rick. I think he used to fish and I saw these molds you can buy that you make plastic fishing lures. Depending on his fine motor skills, this may appeal to his creative side.
I suggest one of those little shaker containers of assorted flowers. You really don't have to do anything with them, just scatter and water.
I am not physically able to do the things you're doing and I'm five years younger.
You and Rick should take up painting together. There are SO many people on YouTube who share their talents. Acrylics, water colors, lots of options. Broken down into logical and simple steps.
I never ever thought I'd be painting and be proud of the things I produce. Never.
I thought of that seed container idea. But painting? I have zero talent in my body. I keep telling you all that i have no skills or talent. I was fabulous at my job/career and that was all I was given. 🥲
Well my reasons are the same. Financial or physical. Normally when I powerwash I do the entire deck. Nope. I did 1/2 the deck and the railings. Moved everything back and called it a day. I sure hate this. So tomorrow I'll do the other half. Ricks motor skills for fine work is gone. He can barely work on his lathe. 🥲
Yard work is tough. My husband handles most of ours. I do push mow part of the yard & help with the garden. My husband loves yard & garden so for now it works. But we have started conversations on moving to a more manageable yard. I admit I love being outside but there could be a time when age catches up.
Yes, Rick wanted an acre.He loves gardening and all the comes with an acre. I wanted a condo. I can go to the farmers market. 😄Now Rick can't take care of the land so guess who does it? I do have my cute lawn man, Tony who moves and trims. Thank God.
Kinda scary how you can't escape from Facebook, isn't it?
Good luck with your yard and mailbox
These types of mailboxes are rare in Canada, at least where I live.
Poppies, maybe? Although they don't flower for very long, they are very hardy.
I like to do yard work, but even when I was much younger would have never kept up with an entire acre. Now it would be impossible.
What kind do you have in Canada? I will have to Google this. As for poppies they don't do well in hot southern sun. I like poppies too!
I should be spending all my time working in my yard right now but of course I'm not haha. Perfect weather for us right now too. That's so annoying with the mail box. I'd be pissed those things aren't cheap.
Yes Kathy, it is
I was shocked at the price!! Fridge died so no outdoor work today, just crying
I so dislike fb, you have no idea.
For $2500 you can 2 new ones.
Post a Comment