I don't like it when women are body shamed. But what are we doing to these women that they think this looks good, healthy, or normal? Is it the pressure they feel from men, other women, fashion, their industry, or all of the above?
Yes, I guess this is a bit of shaming too isn't it?
I want to hug them and then feed them mashed potatoes. They obviously never had a mother who, when you said you weren't hungry, told you to just have a sandwich then. :-)
You will never see a photo of me looking like Kelly or Demi.. If I were this thin, I could gain 20 in a snap of your fingers or a weekend. Ice cream, pasta, grilled veggies, wine, cheese, salami's. All my favorites. Oh yes, I could never be these women even if I tried.
Thankfully, my husband likes thick/soft women, as he calls them. Selma Hayek is his fave. When Ashley Graham made the cover of Sports Illustrated, all the men were saying, "she's too fat." Rick said, "Oh no , that's just sexy."
Whew.
Rick's other favorite is Hannah Waddington from Ted Lasso Fame. She is one tall drink of water. But as he says, she has curves, and she is soft, and if you hug her, it's not a bag of bones. Okay Rick.
While I may not get it, I am happy he isn't one of those who find anorexia sexy.
These are pictures from this weekend's Hollywood event.
Kelly looks like a corpse. She said she is going through a tough time because her father died. I hope someone gets her help STAT.
I couldn't get a full photo to show you her bones that have skin on them, which are her arms. I feel bad for her. She is obviously in need of some help.I fear these women are killing themselves and for what? To be super skinny?
Demi Moore was fine the way she was, in fact, beautiful.
Now, if you were to put her in a desert, remove her makeup and fancy clothes, people would send money for food.
But it made me look at my shoulders in the mirror to see if I could find all these pointy bones she has sticking out. I felt them. See, they are in there somewhere, I told Rick. Mine are just covered in ice cream.
I am always going on about my bat wings, and I won't wear sleeveless anymore. But I don't want these arms either. Again, why did she do this? A role? What is missing in her life that she would do this to herself? Is this pressure from managers or peers? She looked so good before.
They freeze their faces and/or change their faces and starve their bodies. I am glad I am not in Hollywood. Who can keep up with this?
24 comments:
I like being light and slim, as long as I feel fit and energetic. It's all about good health, and too skinny is just as concerning as too fat. I'm glad (some) men like curvy gals because I've always been one and I like "da boysss." Alas, fashion models are usually 14 and have no curves. Such unrealistic depictions of beauty for adult women. Actresses are told to drop 20 pounds if they want to get parts. Have you noticed that since the Me Too movement started, women's naturally wider hips and thighs have been included in TV and movies' camera frame instead of heavier bodies only being shown from the waist up, as they were before unless your ass was only a foot wide? To me this is progress. -Kate
Id like to be slim. Never in my entire life. Even at 115 im just not built that way. But I do not wish to look like a small starving child in Ethiopia either.
Jesus H Christ. Those pics are horrifying.
I'm like you. Even at my slimmest, I was never that thin. I was thin enough that I felt like I was at the right weight, but my body just wouldn't let me be. The weight crept up and down until menopause, then it exploded. Now I have to deal with my stomach sticking out further than my boobs. Boobie Bummer.
My goal is healthy and energetic, whatever weight that turns out to be.
AGREE !!!!
Boobie Bummer. LOL Yes, with me too on the menopause. The thin high and mighty do amuse me though.
exactly. I do not think these two are healthy. Kelly looks just shy of death. I can't imagine if you don't eat that you'll have any energy
It's really scary. Kelly for sure looks like she'll die soon if she doesn't get help. My mother in law was anorexic/bulimic I think. She was happy when she only weighed 73 pounds one time when I took her to the dr.
Demi & Kelly are scary skinny. I had a friend in high school that was anorexic. At 5' 2" & 70 pounds, it took 3 strong brothers to get her in the car to the hospital. She was there for several months. She never really got well. So sad.
I'd be thrilled with 115 again. Oh well. Julie, I'd really like to read you but I can't get to you. the invites you sent are no longer valid. I don't have your new blogger address. Can you send me a private email mhugill@verizon.net
There was a blonde woman who we thought may be in her early 40s but then again being anorexic may have made her look older. She worked at our local grocery store up north. She was always so kind and pleasant. She always had on a sweater even in 96 degree heat. I always wondered since she obviously had an eating disorder if they had her working in a food store for a therapy reason. One day we saw her walking home as we were coming home. It was close to 100 degrees out and she was dressed in long dark pants and a heavy sweatshirt and a sweater tied around her waist. The poor thing always seemed to be cold. The nicest woman you'd ever meet. I hope she got well.
Is that really Kelly Osbourne? Unbelievable. I know Demi Moore had an eating disorder at one point. Looks like it returned. I knew someone, a mother with two young kids, who died from anorexia. Your body is just eaten up from the inside. So sad.
Anorexia is a mental illness. These women are not in control of their lives. I hope they are getting treatment for their condition.
Exactly. Why is no one helping them? Kelly's mom has the same look so perhaps they are both going down this dark hole. As I said in my post I want to hug them, feed them and get them the help they need.
Yes. Scary huh? Poor thing. I wish she could have an intervention.
Oh I just remembered a neighbor lady who would just walk all day around and around the lake. She would walk around outside the mall too. Sadly she passed away.
From walking? Or are you saying she was anorexic and walked because she hate a grape to walk it iff?
Ashley Graham in that first picture is wowser. Lots of bikini pics on google image.
There is a court case going on at the moment involving TikTok and Youtube (if I'm correct) and centres around eating disorders and specifially a young woman called Eugenia Cooney. She is obviously anorexic and was making $$$$$ on Youtube, I'm guessing from people who fetishized that kind of thing. The sad thing is that with a little weight on her she was a lovely looking young lady. Another sad thing is that her brother is morbidly obese. There is some thought that mom is very controlling (she has alarms on all doors so she knows if Eugenia goes out). Anyhoo, all that to say, I was always slim until I hit menopause and then boy did it hit. Choice between Kelly/Demi and Ashley, give me Ashley any day!
JFC, what the hell happened to Kelly Osbourne? It doesn't even look like the same person in that side by side pic. She looks like a hostage in makeup.
I'm not into the skeletal-looking thing. It would be like cuddling up to a sack of doorknobs.
Wowsa is what Rick says too
Yes menopause is a bitch. I was ok but then those months of chemo and high dose steroids packed more on!
Doorknob. Ha, too funny.im just thankful that my hubby loves me at every size i've been in 40yrs😉
Post a Comment