Tuesday, March 24, 2026

Huh?

Last night we had a laughing jag. 
Being hard of hearing makes for a lot of laughs. I'm certain my audiologist wouldn't agree.

I came in from outside and asked Rick if he had another spool.
I notice the one on the weed wacker was missing.
I had shown him the weed wacker and asked through the screen door, but I also repeated it when I got inside.

So I ask, do you have another spool?
Why is there no school?  Is it raining?  Is it the pollen?
Rick, what the hell are you talking about? I'm laughing but he keeps going.
Is it going to rain?
I do not know, I am not a meteorologist, Richard.
Where did you hear there was no school, then, Margaret?

I walk into the living room and say, For the love of God, what are you talking about? School?  I never said anything about school.

Yes, you did, you said there was no school.
Now I am laughing because I figured it out.

No, silly, I said, do you have another spool? I was referring to the weed wacker. Since I was holding it and you were looking at me. 

BUT I WAS IN THE LIVING ROOM.  I could see you through the screen door, but I apparently didn't hear you well. 

Apparently.

Rick thinks he is funny and says, "Are you sure there is no school today?"
No school, no rain, no snow, only pollen and an empty weed wacker.

Weirdo.

I've been here since October 2021. I may never get used to this pollen.
This is the cloud over the city. Lovely, isn't it?  I just washed my car. Leave it in the garage. Went to one place for 30 minutes. Came out to a yellow car and needed my windshield wiper to clear the window. 

Achoo!



 

10 comments:

bluzdude said...

Sweetpea and I do that with texts. She referred to me as "vaby" once in 2018 and we've been calling each other that ever since.

Julie H said...

Lol Scott and I are always telling each other that one or the other needs hearing aids.

Kathy G said...

I was convinced my hearing was going. An audiologist told me it's perfectly fine. I'm still trying to figure out I can't hear much of what Hubby is saying to me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🤣🤣 I believe it is called Selective Hearing Kathy. My husband has that.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

They mumble🤣

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh yeah. Glad we're not alone.😂

It's.a.crazy.world said...

That photo! Yuck!

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Ha-ha! Whose on first?

Julie H said...

Sad part is I'm the mumbler lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh thats funny