Wednesday, January 21, 2026

Moments

While we were at Lowes to pick up that water filter I mentioned a post or so ago, we picked up a new toilet seat for the master bath. 
Rick got it while I was in another aisle. I didn't pay any attention to it as he put it in the cart that I was moving down the aisle.

When we got in the car he was laughing about the name on the toilet seat. I said I thought it was American Standard?  He said, "Yes, it was, but it was called Movements. I think that is funny for a toilet seat, don't you? Movements"  

Okay, I saw his point. But I can't imagine it's called Movements. I am driving now, and it's all the way in the back of the SUV.  I will look at this when we get home.  I am laughing because I told Rick there is no way it would be called Movements for a toilet.  He replied, "Why not? That is what you're doing in there."   Oh my God.  

When we got home, I went to the back of the SUV to see what we bought. Sure enough, it's an American Standard toilet seat.  It's called MOMENTS.  
I point this out to Rick. My finger is running underneath the big block capital letters of M-O-M-E-N-T-S.  

He, too, is laughing now, and we are both laughing like damn fools in our driveway. We get inside, and I tell Rick that it's a good thing he's cute. 
He kept saying, "It's an honest mistake."  

Now, c'mon, blog readers, if you've been here for a long time, you know after all the ribbing I take and all the fun he pokes at my expense, I am not giving him a break on this.
  
He put on the toilet seat. 
That evening I got up to go to the bathroom, and he asked, "Where are you going?"  I said, I'm going to the bathroom to have my MOMENT.
Got him. I made him laugh so hard.  
I can't believe he thought it was Movements, what a dufus!



22 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're getting a lot of laugh mileage out of that toilet seat! Worth the money!

bluzdude said...

"Moments," that's exactly what WE call them, when we need to get up from the breakfast table on weekends.

"Honey, I need a moment."

So it's a perfect name for a toilet seat, in my book.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ok thats a momentπŸ˜„

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You're nuts.πŸ˜…

Abby said...

And now I'm wondering why toilet seats have names??

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I can understand why Rick read it wrong. I do stuff like that every day because I learned to memorize words rather than sound them out.

Barbara said...

Too funny

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

tee hee...good point!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That is so interesting. Was that a way you were taught? I need more...inquiring minds wanna know. And I'm not telling Rick there could be a good reason for his momentary lapse of the word. I prefer making his feel badly. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😁 agreed

Paula C said...

You two are a riot. It's so good to hear long married couples still enjoying time together!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

His excuse was, gimme a break I've had a stroke. Which will in turn make us laugh harder because he was like this before the stroke!!

DeniseinVA said...

I love this, such a funny conversation you two had. I get good naturedly teased by mine and occasionally but not quite as often as he does, I will think of a good retort. It's usually the next day though when I say, I should've said that! Thanks for the share and smiles and thanks for stopping by.

Kathy G said...

Too funny!

Ami said...

Yeah, why name a toilet seat? Ain't gonna come when you call it.

When my hubby and son installed a new throne years ago there was a lot of hilarity.
"Ass Biter 2000", "Turd Grater 4000"

Poop is the funniest thing in the universe to the kids I work with.
Do we ever outgrow that?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I know Rick hasn't

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I sooooo miss VA!!!! Yes The Winery at Bull Run is still there. Just .03 mi down the road from the battlefield. Same road so its a nice ending to s hike with maybe a charcuterie board. I spent a lot of time and summer events there. And I hate when I think of the perfect cone back the next day in the shower. 😁

Mike said...

I'm late to the pooper party! Movements/moments, it's all the same sh*t.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🀣🀣

Cop Car said...

Mike, you should hear me groaning no matter how great the distance between us.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cop Car, you tell himπŸ˜†