I have my door open in my office.
My husband is watching The Price is Right. He has changed what I was going to write when I came in here.
My husband is watching The Price is Right. He has changed what I was going to write when I came in here.
I hear him yell, 'Four, you dumb shit, FOUR!' He yells louder.
I am typing away here, laughing because I think he thinks that if he yells it louder, they will hear him.
He just said to the TV, "OMG, you should be spayed or neutered, get off the stage."
If you don't watch the TPIR, Drew says this tidbit at the end of each show to have your pets spayed or neutered. It's a big thing since the day of Bob Barker.
Dear Lord, I am not spouting facts about a game show, am I? What has my life become? Look what he has done to me.
I should record him while he watches this so all could see him as he yells LOWER, damn it. If they would just listen to him, it would be far quieter in my home. I do believe he is certifiable about this show. I watch only because he watches; it's not my jam.
I have been married twice. Both are/were named Rick. Both lovers of this damn show, The Price is Right. The first guy was working nights, school by day. work at night. That enabled him to watch during the day. Long before VCRs or DVRs. I had one day off during the week, and then I worked a weekend, so I was lucky enough to see this rabid fan of The Price is Right in all his glory. He, too, shouted numbers at the TV. He, too, shouted mean things about the contestants. Gee, I may have a type, eh?
One day, (this Rick), after listening to him doing commentary of the show, he was making me laugh. I asked why he would say what he said about this woman, and he said, "Trust me, she's a faller."
A faller?
A faller?
Yep, if she wins, she is going to roll around on the floor.
Damn, she did.
Next guy is a chest thumper, he tells me. He will attempt to chest-bump Drew when he gets on stage. I am shocked that Rick knew this. I asked if this was a repeat. Now he is laughing. No, you can just tell. Football, sports, chest thumper, and he will not win unless it involves him throwing or putting a ball into something. Spot on! The guy didn't know a single thing they presented to him.
The next young thing has those eyelashes on that Rick insists you can't see through, so that was why she was so dumb. Then she tripped. I said, "she tripped over those lashes, babe." He laughed and said, "Now you're getting it." But do I really want to get it?!
Now this was becoming a fun sport for me, I admit, tell me more.
A cute young thing makes it to the stage. She can't make a decision on her own and keeps looking to the audience for help. Rick tells me these types drive him nuts. If you don't know this stuff, don't come on the show. She loses, and it's no surprise to anyone, including her. But everyone, including Rick, enjoyed her bouncing.
The last one that really made me smile was an older woman. She was so good at the prices that he was yelling, Go Grandma!
She won a car she couldn't drive, she said, because she no longer drives at her age. She had to "run" back and forth to put items on a shelf in a timed race. The old gal could really shuffle. She had to be in her early 90s. But God love her, she won. She won a nice car that hopefully she can sell and then use the money.
I just wish my guy could get on the show. I've submitted tickets for him for years. You can bet your arse I will be yelling things at him on the TV or from the audience. But the difference is he won't look to the audience for answers. He thinks he knows it all. LOL
Honestly, it's no different, I suppose, from yelling at the umps or the horrible sportscasters while I watch a game. I mean, I could kill people and things when Joe Buck was a baseball sportscaster. Thank GOD MLB woke up and fired him. Now, you football guys are stuck with that dude.
14 comments:
I tried to get on a game show back in the early 80's. I think it was one of the iterations of the pyramid, 10 or 20 thousand? Didn't get on the show. Man, talk about feeling like livestock, though. Ugh.
I don't watch game shows now, although I did when Matt was a baby, it was either that or soap operas. Blech.
Rick is hilarious.
My sister has been married to two Mikes. It tickles me. I haven't watched the Price is Right in 100 years but I did catch the one where Vana turned over the letters when visiting my MIL. I did think that one was kind of interesting since I like crossword puzzles.
I haven't watched that in years! Scott is a TV yeller. It's really annoying when he gets into it.
Vanna is Wheel of Fortune 😄
I recall you saying during BBall season he was annoying. 😆
Oh don't encourage him! Yes soap operas are awful in so many ways
We tried to get on the show and we were invited to come for an audition. I was so disappointed. We were a dull family, everyone shrunk into themselves and were so uninteresting. The only thing they liked was that I told them I was a belly dancer for a year. they laughed and asked if I would be showing them if we got on the show.
Now I have a new appreciation for Price is Right.
So you have to act like an idiot to get on the show as most of these people do? I told Rick to wear his 'I'm not drunk I'm a stroke survivor Tshirt' to help him get on. But neither of us can act stupid or over the top to get on. Oh he may. I would never! Did you say no to the belly dancing? Is that why you didn't get on? :-)
I need to watch that show with Rick. I never could see what anyone saw in that show, I guess it's not what you watch, but who you watch it with that counts.
Claudia watches it sometimes and I'll stop and watch for a minute. But I stay standing up so I can escape quickly.
Jean, and the thing he says that I didnt think I should put here. Rick is entertaining
Mike, I'm with you!!
My husband talks to the TV sometimes. I once told him, "I'm sure they heard you", but he still does it anyway.
I understand Rick's frustration with the contestants who can't make any decisions on their own, but I think we can guess why that particular one was selected *wink*
That would be awesome if Rick got on TPIR and then got to "come on down!" I haven't watched that show in years, but I'd watch for that!
I told him he'd have a better chance if he wore a tube top and bounced around. He said he'd do it to get on the show. And I know him well enough to know he would. Big hairy chest in a tube top. :-)
Post a Comment