What am I doing to bring me such bullshit?
It has to be me, doesn't it?
I had an appointment at 1pm today to get my cap fixed on my tooth. It was considered an emergency appointment. They asked that I get there 15 minutes early for some 2026 paperwork. Okay, I can do that.
I get there at 12:42pm. I fill out my paperwork and sit. It's now 1:30p.
I'm getting antsy. I am inpatient. The receptionist goes to lunch, and on her way out the door, she looks at me and says, Someone will be with you shortly. I smile and nod. Bullshit is what I'm thinking.
At 2pm, I asked to reschedule. She said, "Oh, I'm sorry, we are just so busy."
I am the only one in the waiting room to boot. I say, "I understand, but I have another appointment today, and I can't sit here any longer today.
She rolled her eyes and rebooked me. I wish it were good etiquette to bitch slap someone who rolls their eyes at you instead of helping you.
As I entered my car, I saw the dentist leave by the back door and walk over to the bldg next door. It is vacant. He looks inside and then opens the door. He walks inside. Is this why I had to wait? What in the hell is he doing? I was now livid.
There I sat for over an hour with my cap in hand waiting, and my dentist was roaming about outside and the building next door.
We have not been thrilled with this dentist, so for me, this was the last straw.
Some emergency visit, huh?
I did make another appointment but decided I had to find a new dentist.
I went to my other appointment and then a quick stop at the grocery store.
I called Dental Dental and asked if Dr. Cuzumano was a provider. The office said she was but it's not listed on the website. I don't want to show up and find out I owe $800 that I don't have if she doesn't take my insurance.
Delta Dental was A-1 in snarky customer service. I explained who I was and what I was looking for. I stated that the drs office says they take D.Dental, but your website only lists one doctor in my area, and she is not listed.
Ms. Delta Dental says, "Well then, she isn't a provider, DUH."
I actually said, "You didn't just say DUH to me, did you?"
She hung up.
Lovely customer service, right? Are these calls really monitored?
So I, being an A-1 bitch call back. Explain the situation. This snarky wench asks me what website I am on. I tell her the URL to her website. She then tells me to look under provider. After I just told her I did this. So I play along. Get more with honey than piss and vinegar. I tell her I've done what she asked, and I do not see the dr listed. She said,"Then she is not a provider." I explained again that the doctor says she is.
"Well, the doctor is either dumb or has no clue. You might want to talk to her office manager." (I did that already)
I was livid. I did not wish to be a Karen or say something I'd regret. I thanked her for her time and hung up. But calling the doctor dumb or clueless was so unprofessional!!!!
Wowsa. I called the dentist's office back. She assured me they took my insurance and that this has happened before. I told them I can't find out while there that you are out of network, and I would have to pay you more money than I have. She said,"Margaret if that happens, we will work out some arrangement for you. But we do accept this insurance."
So I'm going to a new dentist tomorrow at 2:45pm. I received the paperwork via email, so I'll do that tonight, so I don't have to be there 15 minutes early.
You know I taught customer service in the late 80s at a local travel school and then again in the 90s. As I used to say, "A smile in your voice and when you hang up you can swear at the phone but never to the customer." My students would laugh.
Then, when we'd have theory in class, they "got it." One young man said, "They can't be all that stupid, can they?" The class laughed, and I just shook my head and said, "Sadly, it's 50-50." He was in utter shock.
I taught reservation sales. Which at that time, was a big deal. You would call the airlines to book a flight. People are notoriously dumb, and you'd have to smile and take care of them. Here are 2 that have stood out over the years.
1. Where will you pick me up?
To this day, this one cracks me up. I worked at a small commuter airline (Piedmont), and the plane this woman was booking a flight on was a small 20-seat turboprop. Apparently, because it was a small plane, she thought we'd just pick her up in her driveway or something. I had to hold back laughter. I kept saying, "Ma'am, what do you mean? Where do we pick you up? You need to go to the airport, check in, and when the flight is called, you will board."
She was not having it. This was a long call. She was insistent that we pick her up.
When I got off this call, I shared this with all in the office. The Operations Mgr said, "You should have told her to pack a lunch, sit on the roof, and we'd swing by."
Oh, now wouldn't that be fun? If only....
2. I want to go to see Mickey Mouse.
A grown ass woman said this to me.
I asked, "Do you want to go to Disneyland or Disney World?"
"Whatever one has, Mickey."
Oh dear.
" Ma'am, they both do. Disney World is in Florida, and Disneyland is in California.
"Really? Oh my well, I don't know."
I explained the difference in price and said, "You may wish to discuss this with the people you're going with so you choose the right destination."
"Are you sure that there is more than one?"
Oh dear. This person did not sound old at all. Maybe at best 40. (just dumb)
"Yes, ma'am, I am certain. So ask those going with you if they want Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California. Just another tip, Disney World is bigger, newer, and has Epcot Center. Disneyland is the original one, a bit smaller but just as nice, and you'll see Mickey at both."
"Okay, I'll call you back. I don't want to pick the wrong one. Who knew there was more than one?"
Oh geez, everyone does.
Oh geez, everyone does.
How do you not know this? And you breed? Bet she voted for trump, too.
When Rick and I owned a company, he would tell me I was like Sybil. I was so nice and accommodating on the phone, but when I hung up, I would swear at the phone and give it hand gestures. I got it out, and the customer was no wiser. Most were nice. But there is always that one asshole who makes your day, isn't there?
Like Delta Dental
22 comments:
My current job in testing is a good 85% customer service. I've worked hotels and retail too. It takes all kinds. Might your Disney customer have been mentally delayed?
I wouldn't dream of saying "Duh" or anything like that to a customer! Ever.
As for you leaving the dentist office after an hour and 15 minutes of waiting, you've got more patience than I do!
I'm no longer surprised by how many people are stupid -- esp since Assface got voted in for a second term and since people actually believe vaccinations plant chips in our bodies -- but I remain in shock. -Kate
Yes I keep saying they need to teach customer service. I learned right away working in retail and having great bosses to show me the right way.
Good luck at your new dentist tomorrow! I hope it all goes swimmingly!
And yes, customer service has all gone straight to hell in a handbasket these days, I agree.
I think it was worth all the grief to get the new dentist.
The Sybil reference, haha. But this "customer service" bs? INSANE. Fingers crossed for a much better experience!
After all that BS, I'd dump that dentist too.
It's not undergoing medical care that makes me doctor-avoidant, it's the runaround, like yours. I'd rather be consumed by tissue-eating fungus than go through the medical system CF.
Ah, the run around. Most medical offices have perfected this!!
🤞
It appears so Mike
🤞
Retail and waitresses should be required. Both of those taught me the meaning of Short Term Shit. These people will be leaving. 😁 I told myself this mantra all the time.
He was not voted in. Elon fixed the machine. Didn't everyone hear trump say this at s rally in PA? Its such a bold admission and ot was dusted under the rug. The election was stolen!
He was not voted in. Elon fixed the machine. Didn't everyone hear trump say this at s rally in PA? Its such a bold admission and ot was dusted under the rug. The election was stolen!
Sadly I don't believe so. And why would she be anymore than the dip shit who wanyed our plane to pull into her driveway. Scary, these people breed
Usually if I get bad customer service I walk away and cross the company off my list. Unfortunately, that can't apply to any type of health insurance company. They have a captive audience and they know it.
Good luck with the new dentist! It sounds like a keeper.
Kathy, you are correct The only people who we have found to be awesome in their customer service is the hospital and doctors associated with Rick's stroke. Thank God!
That was a terrible experience. You were an emergency. I lost a crown once that had to be patched to hopefully make it to my next appointment. Of course it fell apart on a Sunday. I called my dentist & since it was a front tooth, he met me at his office that morning. Patched me up. I've been with him ever since. It's always out of pocket but he's been the best. I hope your new dentist works out.
sometimes when a doctor of any kind doesn't work out you just have to move on a find someone else.
Ha, some emergency right? All is better now.
Hi Mary, you are correct and I did and it all worked out for the best.
I've worked for some fairly crappy dentists, but not once did we let someone sit there for so long. Go on yelp and give them a crappy review ~ people really do check those out before making appointments. Even better, if they have a website that has a review section, do it there.
Post a Comment