Tuesday, January 6, 2026

All Better

 My new dentist was wonderful, as was the entire office crew.

It is so close to my house that it took me 2 minutes to get there. I got all green lights to boot.  I walked in, and the place was pretty, clean, and the 2 women up front greeted me with smiles.  Already, it was an improvement.

I was wearing another one of my favorite NY sweatshirts, and the youngest woman at the desk said with a smile no less. "Are you from NY?"
I said, "No, it's just my favorite team. I bleed pinstripes"
She replied, "YEAH.  Me too."  
I asked if she was from NY. She said, "No, Jersey."
I laughed and said, "Close enough."

The other woman up front asked, "What the hell are you two talking about?  It sounds like code."  
The young woman said, "Shh, don't tell her, she's just jealous."
I suggested we could let her into the club. 
The young one said, "No way."  
The older one said, "Hey, I'm older, I demand your respect."
Well, that sent these 2 into convulsive laughter.
Oh, these ladies were bantering big time between one another and me. It was such a nice change.  

Because I caught my crown, I cleaned it and put it in a baggie, and brought it in.
They were able to reattach it.  YIPEE.  Only $73.00, far better than the price without insurance!
My dentist said most people swallow it. Or they think they don't need to bring it in and throw it away.  Yikes. I'm glad I saved it. 

I don't really care for dentistry. I have a lot of upcoming crap no one wants. Endoscopy and colonoscopy in a few weeks. 
I should get dinner and drinks after this if you ask me. Going in both sides! 
Mammogram tomorrow. Then a sleep study. After they are all done picking and probing me, I'm sure a limb will fall off.  It's the only thing left. My luck is that the only limbs left to replace mine that fell off would be even shorter ones, and I'd get damn replacement short legs instead of two long ones.  It would be my luck.

A few days ago, I told Rick that I couldn't see what he was referring to. He gave me such shit about it. I honestly couldn't see it. So I made him scrunch down to my eye level. He saw that he too couldn't see what he demanded I must be able to see. AH HA!  He stayed down there awhile and said, "How the hell do you see anything?"
Bite me.

18 comments:

Julie H said...

Isn't it so nice when you find a good place. Hopefully they stay that way. I liked my new dentist til he gave me crap about breathing through my nose lol

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I need to schedule a titty squish too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It is! And my tooth feels great! I don't understand why you can't breath through your nose. Why would that upset him/her?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Of all of the shit I'm doing that is the easiest one. Flop 'em, squish 'em and you're outta there. :-) The last time I went I got a lollipop when I was done. This nurse was a hoot. She said I was a good patient and I could have a lollipop. Of course I took a cherry one and was happy when I left. I told her I'd prefer a drink and she said, "oh me too"

Julie H said...

I apparently wasn't breathing through my nose when he was working on my temporary crown. I realized i can't breathe through my nose unless I put my tongue on the roof of my mouth lol. My husband said he told him the same thing.

Paula C said...

Fantastic news on the dental front. I did my mammogram last month. It hurts but every woman should go. I had an colonoscopy a few years ago. All clearly & I don't have to go for 10 years!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I just had one before my surgery 2 yrs ago and yet have to do it again. I don't gind mammography painful, just cold. My God that machine was like sitting the girls on ice!!

Mary Kirkland said...

I'm glad the new dentist worked out.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well Julie, now you made me open my mouth and see if I do this. Omg, im laughing at myself!!

Kathy G said...

Glad your mouth is back to normal.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Me too😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I am glad as well Mary

Julie H said...

Well did it work lol?

Mr. Shife said...

Love how this turned into a little sitcom at the front desk instead of the usual dental dread—“I bleed pinstripes” is an elite way to bond with new people.

Mike said...

Speaking of mammograms, my NP told me guys were now getting testiclegrams. I think she was kidding but I'm a little concerned.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Someone was having fun with you.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It WAS like a sitcom. 😉

Stubblejumpers Cafe said...

Went through similar with Farmbeau just the other day. I'd taken a coffeebean grinder from a second shelf and left it on the counter to remind me to ask him to look at the back of the shelf in case the tab that makes the thing work was there. I couldnt see or feel it and if he couldnt either, I'd throw the grinder away. He spotted the piece right away and couldnt understand why I didnt get the same result. I have yet to make him see that the world is a different place when you stand 5 or 6 inches taller!