Sunday, October 12, 2025

Naked

God made me chubby so I would keep my clothes on.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I do not like to wear clothes. Could I live in a nudist colony? Hell no.
Never, even if I looked like a supermodel. 
But I do like to be unencumbered by clothing.

When I was a younger woman and I was living with Rick, he got very upset one day when he came home to find me cleaning naked because he brought a friend home with him.  
Thankfully, I had time to run down the hall to put on clothes.  Whew.

Rick was not happy with me. He asked if he had to ring the bell or knock first at his own home.  I said if I'm naked, I won't answer.  We didn't have cell phones back then, so I had to wear some clothing in case he brought someone home.

When I was 23 and married to my first husband, Rick (Rick #1), I was ironing in my panties only.  It was a Saturday and he had to work. I cleaned and then began to iron.  The ironing board began to fold as I was ironing. I moved forward to grab everything, and the iron landed on my left breast, and I heard the sizzle. You never forget the sizzle sound.
Oooooh, it hurt. 

I immediately went into the bathroom for cold water and to look through my medical creams and ointments for a burn.  By the time Rick #1 came home, it had formed a very clear picture of the iron, the point, and each steam hole.  He insisted I go to the ER.  I said Oh, sure and tell them what exactly when they asked what I did.  Tell them you were ironing. Then laughing, he said, but I think they will know from just looking at your boob.  Great. 

He was insistent I go to the ER. So I got dressed, putting on a bra was painful for my left boob. On the way to the hospital, he says to me, "I know you wish you were flat-chested, but ironing it is not the way to do it."  
And he bursts into laughter.  I even laughed.  Oh brother, I'm an idiot. I will be abused for this for a long, long time. 

Oh no, the ER doc couldn't have been an old guy.  Nope, a young, cute one.
He took one look at my boob and looked at me, and I said to him, "This is going to be an ER story, isn't it?"  
He said, "Oh of course not, we've seen worse."  I didn't believe him.
To this cute young doctor, this was a bad burn.  I had the lecture.
I got creams and Rx for this.

He told me what to expect.  He suggested I keep it covered if I must wear a bra. He told me that the rubbing of the lace or fabric on the bra would be painful, and other assorted things I really didn't want to hear. 
But that's all my ex, Rick, had to hear: it's better not to wear a bra. 

On the way home, I had to listen to the logic on no bra and that a 2nd degree burn isn't anything to take lightly.  yeah yeah yeah

I never ironed naked again.  I also don't walk around naked anymore for fear of who's going to knock on my door. And btw, it did not leave a scar. The cute young doctor who said to do all these steps and it wouldn't scar was right. 

Rick says he's being punished for what the first guy said. So no naked Tuesdays for me.  Nope, it's because a higher power decided the only way this gal will keep her clothes on is if I make her chubby.  😁 So he did.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also love to be naked, even though I am way over my ideal weight. One of my favorite things about my house is that I can walk around naked and not be seen by anyone, due to large hedges around the perimeter and the placement of my windows. The arrival of the lawncare guys always sends me into a tailspin, rushing upstairs to grab something to wear. I think I mostly wore an oversized tee with nothing else when I was married (long time ago; who remembers?!?) But oh my, that ironing story! Yikes.
Nina

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

What a funny story about the iron burn...but I'm betting it did become an ER story in their lounge. By the way, I'll bet you get an increase in clicks on this post with that title.

Grace said...

Cooking while naked can also be problematic - especially when frying food - Don't ask how I know...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🀣🀣🀣🀣

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I know that was an ER story. Never think about clicks, you may be right.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yep, a man's tshirt was perfect. I get it Nina

Ami said...

If I'm not working or having to leave the house, I wear a GIGANTIC tie dyed (of course) t shirt and nothing else. I can't relate to the ironing, if something is wrinkled I throw it in the dryer for a few minutes. If the occasion requires me to be polished and fancy, I don't go. LOL

I'm sure that both Ricks were/are pleased that you have no scar on your bazooms. Life is short. Live naked if you wanna. Want me to dye you some big t shirts?

DB Stewart said...

The first one was named Rick too? lolololololol...this was hilarious

Barbara said...

Ohhh. It hurts me to think about it. My daughter and her father are both no clothes kind of people. I don't know. I wear clothes for the same reason I don't climb trees - I don't want to get hurt. Not that running into the door frame hurts any less with a nightgown on but the thought of my naked breast hitting against the frame makes me shudder. Hahaha. So funny.

Paula C said...

Oh my goodness you sure have some crazy stories. I am glad you were not left with a scar.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes, crazy right. Rick and Rick 2.0 😁 can't scream the wrong name πŸ˜‰

Abby said...

I'm imagining your Viking name being Iron-Boob-Margaret, and the unexpected origin story!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have a friend who loves tie dye. I'm not a tie dye gal...yet.😁 and i did not have laundry in our apartment. If I didnt iron, no dryer to throw it in unless i went to laundromat. This was our first place in 1979. I don't iron much now, but i do still like things pressed. I know, I know, its an old fashioned mindset I guess

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm glad too. My life is funny to ne hence the blog.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

How about no bra, tshirt on, lean against island to reach something and punch your nipple!! Not because no bra but because you are 69 and they've fallen and can't get up. 😁 even with tshirt that hurt like hell

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That was 'pinch' not punch

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Iron Boob Margaret it is! I want a cape tooπŸ˜€

Mike said...

Are you sure there's not a scar? Show us pictures!

Julie H said...

I've never been a naked person but a comfy t shirt and undies when no one else is here is great lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You'll have to pay to see my Fans Only pics

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Agreed! That's me now. Or one of Rick's shirts. They come to my knees, good for winter. Lol

Anonymous said...

OMG. I hurt just reading that. My DH drove the ambulance back in college and he has some stories. Pretty sure yours made the ER break room. LOL

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh, I knew it was gonna be an ER story! I bet you heard some good ones.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I am way too self-conscious to walk around naked back when I had the bod. Now, I have no problem walking around in nothing except for panties. I don't do it often though. Your ironing mishap sounds so bloody painful! I'm not sure I could have been convinced to go to the ER.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I think I went because I was in so much pain and he convinced me they would stop the pain. Honestly I think I was just delirious. I don't iron much anymore, but if I do i'm fully clothed.☺️