Oops, I did it again!
This time I fell ON my face.
I broke my new glasses.
I was putting on my panties. I was in the bathroom. Brushing teeth, getting dressed, etc. I was bent over putting one foot into the leg hole, and I got dizzy again, and I fell forward into the wall, face-first. OUCH.
I pushed myself away from the wall, shook it off, laughed, and finished dressing. I have a goose egg, and my glasses are a hot mess. I was hurrying because I wanted to get this stuff outside into the garbage on garbage day. I was just throwing on a baseball cap and figured I would do my hair and makeup later when I was leaving the house.
I have a nice goose egg on my head. I don't know how, though. I hit the wall with my face, but my head at my hairline has a nice bruise too.
Yes, I am seeing a doctor about this. It's been in the works for a long time.
Waiting to get in. I get dizzy a lot, and I have to grab something until it's over. I am also nauseated most days, and I even throw up on some days.
On this particular day, I didn't have a chance to grab anything as one leg was in the air and the other was planted firmly on the ground.
It's all kind of funny to me. So much so that I took my 4th selfie and showed my mom. I said, "you think anyone will notice my glasses are broken?"
Her first comment was I looked like I lost weight then she proceeded to be concerned. She does make me laugh. I haven't lost an ounce but it made me laugh! I needed that.
As you know, I am clumsy. Iron on my boob, falling down steps that required surgery, only I can get a torn meniscus when going down on one knee in GENTLE Yoga.
The list is long. But now that I'm old, this is a concern. God, how I hate being old.
Am I going to be relegated to sitting activities? Say it ain't so!
Is that why you see seniors playing bingo and painting ceramic items that someone else made? I can't do those things. Sure, I've played drinking bingo, but this is the boring bingo. Nope, not for me.
But then neither is walking and standing, it appears.
Holy shit, this is crazy.
I am certain there is a reason. 'They' think it's a side effect of one of my medications. I am seeing that doctor next Tuesday, so I hope to find out. I've had brain scans, CT scans, MRIs, and everything else you can think of.
Nothing appears to be wrong. I just get terribly dizzy daily, and sometimes I fall, and I have morning sickness all day. What could be wrong with that?
Rick has suggested that he put me in bubble wrap. I don't think that it is as necessary as he thinks it is. But there are days I do wonder.
I got dizzy while in Wegman's the other day (grocery store), and I had my cart to hold on to. I moved to the side and waited it out. All was good. The nausea passed, and I was no longer dizzy, so on I went to buy food.
Can I live with this? Not really. I've taken to only wearing flat sneakers. Nothing with a heel or platform.
My entire life has been heels of some sort or platforms because I am short.
Even sneakers have a platform.
It's weird to wear flat shoes all the time.
Another reminder that I am an old fart.
While I do hate it, I don't wish to die from falling off my shoes.
That would so be my luck, and then I couldn't tell you the funny story of how the hell that happened.
26 comments:
Oh dear, this light headedness and nausea doesn't sound fun. You may want to sit down when putting on pants, panties, shoes, etc. until it gets resolved, just to make falls a little les likely.
You have a real knack for turning mishaps into comedy gold! Sorry about your glasses and the bruise. Fingers crossed the docs find answers soon—until then, sneakers over stilettos and bubble wrap optional.
Yikes! Hope they get to the bottom of the issue soon.
What Kathy G said.
Debra I used to make fun of Rick because he had to hold on to something even when he was 35 to put on his underwear and pants. I''m not laughing anymore.
If its the medication I will be thrilled. I did the ole doctor google and it lists these side effect so fingers crossed! I find the humor in most things so I'm glad you found it funny too.
I'll let you know on Tuesday :-)
what I said to Kathy G. 😉
I have to confess that putting on my underwear is difficult and I always make sure to stand by something I can grab incase of falling. However, no morning sickness, thank goodness. Could it be inner ear? Isn't sea sickness inner ear? I'll be curious to hear what they say.
Sadly its not just morning. Its 830p now and its still here. Maybe I'll lose weight. The brightside 😁
If I ever take a serious fall, I know it's going to be from trying to put on pants or underwear while standing.
And how do you know this exactly?😊
I am so sorry!! This is awful! I hope you heal up fast and STOP FALLING dammit!!
Is your blood sugar okay? Before I figured out that I was having some issues, I was dizzy and nauseous and had morning sickness and believe me, I am NOT PG... you can look for a star in the East and notify the pope if I get pregnant. A miracle of biblical proportions.
See if you would have stayed naked you'd be fine!
My God, you're brilliant! Are you sure this isn't Rick posing as Julie?
Have you considered it could be an inner ear infection? They are classic causes of dizziness and nausea.
As for bingo. We play it here once a month and I can't tell you how many people say they never thought they'd get old enough to play bingo. I do it for the cash prizes...the biggest amount I've won was $55 and I win almost every month. But when you know the others who play, and there is free popcorn, jokes called out between numbers makes it a fun hour. That's how long our games last.
Inner ear infection is something I never thought of. And fun bingo huh? Well maybe i would enjoy it for money. Lol
Maybe you're pregnant? LOL Yes getting old isn't good. I just turned 76 on Oct 1st and I haven't been feeling well since. My doctor has informed me that I am in testosterone. Don't laugh at me Peg. I'm taking this Tao - testosterone Gel everyday now. MaryLou asked me the second how I feel and I told her I what sex right now. She said I have a headache. We both started laughing. But really, I think we all have to really and be careful in our later years. If you're feeling dizzy a great deal please be careful and make sure that your doctor checks for ALL different things.
I'll be thinking of you every day my friend. My the way, You have a nut as your president. I'm worrying every day for you and me.See you.
Cruisin Paul
hahaha
Hi Paul. Glad your new medication is working. That orange ass doesnt help anyone's mood!
I know because I've had a number of near misses doing that very thing. I always catch myself on a countertop or wall, but one day, I may miss and take a face plant with my pants around my ankles.
Ah,got it. Ive learned my lesson. Sit and put on underwear or pants😁
Wear your stilettoes while your sitting down. It will seem almost normal.
Funny because thats what I call my heels, sittin' down shoes
I hope your physician gets to the bottom of these dizzy spells. It could be a number of reasons. Low blood pressure can really do a number. My uncle ended up with vertigo which he was unable to drive for a while. Please take care of yourself. I am such a klutz. I can fall down due to a feather.😄 I spend time just checking my surroundings so I don't look foolish. I get embarrassed sometimes.
Oh I too get very embarrassed. Today is day 1 of not taking this medication and I am not nauseas. They said it would take a full 2 weeks. fingers crossed this is it.
Post a Comment