Back in the day there was a movie with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly.
He was in a wheelchair and looks out his windows because it's basically all he could do.
Then he believes he sees a murder.
This came to me this morning as I was in my chair watching things go by outside my window.
I saw a pizza box and other assorted garbage go by. Where was all this garbage and litter coming from? I heard a big boom that startled the hell out of me. How is Rick sleeping through this?
Just as I had that thought Rick woke up and said,"What the hell is going on I hear the siding flapping.
He immediately got a jacket and went outside in the rain. He picked up some garbage but only that which was close to the house. When he turn around he saw some of the siding on the porch hanging so he fixed it. He came back inside and said, "I'm not going to the gym today"
How lucky this is a gym day I said. We laughed. Any excuse will do he says. Ooh I get it.
Then a big boom in the back of the house. It was on the porch. What the hell was that? Rick went to inspect the porch/patio. More siding issues. But the big boom was one of the bricks we have holding down the grill cover. Only one fell, there were 3. Rick then got a bungee cord and wrapped it around the cover. He moved a few things around to secure them better and or put them back in their original place.
We knew we were going to get winds so last night he thought he had secured everything.
But, these Yankees aren't use to this. We can shovel snow. We can't do anything in a tornado.
I don't think we have to worry about a tornado in our 'burb but it's close. Too close for me!
From my chair, it's sideways rain and my pear tree with all its beautiful blooms about to burst are flapping in the wind.
It's dark outside and they want us to go to the lowest level in our home. We live in a one story. No one has basements here so I don't have a lower level. We are watching the map on tv and I'm certain we are fine. All new and interesting though if it weren't dangerous.
So there you have it, a view from my chair/window.
8 comments:
I think Christopher Reeve did a remake of that movie. I've never seen either one. We had a tornado pass over our home about 10 years ago. I heard that fabled freight train noise. It sounded exactly like one. I'd prefer to never hear it again, it scared the crap out of me.
Hope you're safe and all is well. You should probably update us.
Will do. However the tornado did not touch down our area. Still high winds and rain. It's as dark ss if it were 7p. Wild
We had enough wind to blow over our trash company's supplied 90 gallon can. Luckily it had been emptied already.
Probably where our garbage flying came from, knocked over trash cans.
We don't usually get those kinds of storms here, but a couple of months ago they warned me to go to the basement. Well, I get mice in my basement and it turns out I would rather be blown away in a tornado than hang out with them. But I do have a coat closet on my 1st floor level, and getting inside there would protect me if the windows blew out. Your wind must have been pretty strong to take down siding.
Nina
Nina, I think I'd get an exterminator. Ha ha. It's over now. Rick will fix it all tomorrow. 😀
My sewing room window looks out on the street so I have some entertainment sometimes. Someone took off with my binoculars though haha
I can relate to the wind issues. We ended up putting a very strong magnet on our grill cover, because it blew off ~ even though it's hell getting it on! We've seen shade umbrellas go flying, not to mention plastic grocery bags and tumbleweeds. Bungee cords are great for holding things in place, Romeo has tons of them....
Post a Comment