Over the weekend, I wanted to show Rick this family I see on Instagram.
I find the posts funny, smart, and clever. I wanted to share this with Rick.
I saw they had a YouTube channel, so I went to YouTube instead of holding my phone for Rick. (YouTube is on channel 371 on Dish.)
I put this on the screen, and I hit the wrong tile.
This man came up singing on our TV.
Rick said, "Who is this?"
"I don't know, but I like his voice."
"Yeah, turn it up"
So we went down that rabbit hole.
They are a band from Australia. (Who apparently do not own an iron, or he pulled this shirt out of the laundry basket)
Finding new music is difficult. Not a fan of most music today. I do not understand, and I never will understand, why women think they need to do aerobics while singing or wearing their underwear while singing. Why?
Do you have such little faith in your singing ability that you wish to distract them by being sexual? Or crazy weird? I remember when Linda Rhonstadt sang in her bare feet and everyone went bat shit crazy. Today they have on a thong at most and twerk their silicone induced butt in our faces.
I love Pink, but I'd never go see her. I do not like Cirque de Soileil, so I don't wish to have to endure that just to listen to her sing. So I will just listen to her in other ways.
I get being flamboyant on stage. But even Steven Tyler stopped at scarfs on his mic stand.
Sure, Angus wore a schoolboy uniform, but he didn't need to be in his underwear.
God, I sound old, don't I?
Can you see Meatloaf in a thong like Lizzo? NO. I wish these women would stop it. Sing, write, and hone your craft. No underwear or less, and for heaven's sake, no autotune. Sing!
____________
Rick and I watched a great piece of local travel ideas and places around the state. We have people coming with kids and we don't know what to do for them. In VA/DC it was easy. Here, there is nothing to do. Period.
So we tuned into this show to get some ideas of where we could take 6/7 year olds and their parents.
We watched kids at a water park. (too bad it was 4 hrs away)
That made Rick and I begin to discuss our trip to the water park back when we were youngsters. I am going to guess we were around 35 at the oldest. It was a very humid hot day, and we lived on the 2nd floor and had no air conditioning. We couldn't fathom sitting on the beach so we headed to the water park instead.
As you can imagine, everyone is there with their kids. Oh, but not us.
At one point, we decided to go down the double slide one more time before we sat and took a break.
The inner tube was for 2 people to go down together. (Like an 8.)
The young man who was probably all of 16 handed us the tube for the millionth time and said, "Don't you guys have kids with you?"
Of course, we laughed and said, "Nope, just two grown-ups enjoying the water park."
He looked at us with such pity, which made us laugh.
Now, as we go down this tunnel with the twists and turns, you splash down into a nice pool area.
No matter how many times I went down this slide, either in the front of the inner tube or if I were in the back, I got fully drenched. My butt hit the bottom and then up I'd come.
We sat in lawn chairs at the end of this slide and watched the kids come down while we had a cocktail. (Shh, they didn't know it was in our cups.) We would laugh at the little ones and just enjoy our day. Then we saw this woman. She had two small boys with her. She had gone down this slide with each boy at this point. She was decked out in jewelry, and her gold was sparkling off the water and sun. She came down the slide and NEVER got wet. Her hair and makeup stayed perfect. No eyeliner was running down her face. C'mon, who wears makeup to swim and go to the water park? Well, apparently only this perfectly coiffured and bejeweled woman.
It became a quest for me to try this. I suggested that if Rick was first, since he is heavier, that might allow me not to go to the bottom and then come up like a drowned rat. I wanted to try to keep my hair dry. (It was already drenched, but it was now a quest.) Rick and I went back up and tried it every which way and I just always had my butt hit the bottom and I would be drenched. We found this funny. I realized I was just not that girl. I can't go in the water and come out looking like I never went in the water.
Oh well it was a damn fun day.
Then I saw this, and it reminded me of that day.
This puts it in perspective, and it's so very me.
This made me laugh out loud. It's about my luck these days.


12 comments:
Meat Loaf in a thong? Thanks for that. Now pass the eye bleach!
That's how I feel about the women too!
Rabbit holes are a good thing.
You forgot 'get off my lawn!!'
LOL!
I don't disagree with you, though. It's like we've forgotten as a culture how to make genuine music. All the autotune and various body parts are nothing but a distraction and they take away from whatever actual music there might be.
I have broad tastes in music, from baroque to bach to new and old and all the stuff in between. With the exception of rap (can't spell C-R-A-P without rap) and screaming soprano opera, I can at least listen and appreciate a lot of genres. Years of performing, vocal and instrumental gives me an idea of what goes into it.
Eric sends me links to stuff he thinks I might like. I really enjoyed this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKrDdsgXuso
Well fuck indeed! 😆
I hate how all the girls have to be naked to sing now. Even little girls cheerleading and dance all wear half shirts. When we went to Great Wolf Lodge a few years ago every time I went down the slides with my friend and the kids I would ALWAYS end up going down backwards. It was the worst lol.
Are they? Hmm...
I can lose/waste an hour or two
I agree with the rap. Funny you said lawn--We just saw kids cut through our lawn and Rick said, I'm almost 70 I think I should be telling him to get off my lawn!
Ah, my life these days
Julie I think we sexualize little girls way too early but I'm an old lady what do I know. 😀
Impressive singer! And I see what you mean about the shirt, ha.
DB I too enjoy that voice. Next life I'm going to be 5'10" and be able to sing.
Post a Comment