Thursday, March 27, 2025

Drinking

We received an invitation to the Aldie Peddler for a Saturday afternoon winery event. The Aldie Peddler sells some great wines and some foods from local artisans. We would get these homemade pickles that my husband just loved!  

The owner of this store is named Wally. We all called him the mayor of Aldie. He was such a fun, lovable man. He was even on the cover of the Middleburg Magazine as the local celebrity that he has become. 
All done in good humor.

I know I should remove myself from their mailing list, since I no longer live in VA, but it brings me joy. 
Yes, it does make me sad because we miss "home" so much, but it also makes me smile to get these invites. That weekend, a certain brand/winery salesperson will highlight those wines by pouring and answering questions. Every time we've gone, the salesperson talks and then pours wine for all, and that's that. No pressure sales. Wally opens more bottles of various brand and varietal. Just fun! 
It is just a party of sorts.if you go monthly or more you get to know everyone so it is honestly like a daytime party. Lots of laughter. The owner, Wally is a hoot!

Wally stands court at his bar and serves us free wine and food, and weaves a great story. No one leaves without buying a lot of wine and food. We have met people there who became life long friends. It was always a fun afternoon each time these were held. 

When we were there last, we bought wine. Wally gave us hugs and told us to come back and visit. I heard from a friend who went there recently that he asked about us. (God we so miss our community up there.)

Then we received an envelope in the mail from Tito's Vodka.
We got a key ring and an invite to an event they were having. 
But we don't live in Texas.
They "missed" us it read. 
That, to me, is funny.

Rick hasn't been drinking much since the stroke. 
I haven't been drinking since this whole back thing reared its ugly head.  
So the card said they missed us.
How do they know when we buy Vodka?  I told Rick he would be missed at the liquor store. I never thought Titos would miss him. It's not like their sales figures went down due to Rick not drinking as much. It's not like he drank daily. It's not like a bottle was gone in a week, either. So we found this funny. 

It was a week of receiving items telling us to drink more. So...
Rick said we have to get our acts together and start drinking more. 😀





7 comments:

Mike said...

How's the weather there? Are storms heading your way. It's a reason to drink!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Damn it, no! Gorgeous and hot. (78 today) so we will have to jus quench our thirst😇

Cop Car said...

That’s what we all need to do: drink more. Maybe it would make the chaos more tolerable, but it would not do much for our respective chronic conditions.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Aah, but if we drink enough we won't care. Ha ha.

Julie H said...

My liver keeps saying I need to stop drinking. So rude.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tell that bitch of a liver you're no quitter!

Cruisin Paul said...

Tell Rick that drinking is no good for a person who had a stroke. I haven't had a drink for over 47 years and I'm feeling good. How are you feeling Peg? Storms are going every way. We had two tornadoes warnings around the area. Keep well my friend.

Cruisin Paul ( Your good Canadian friend )