**There was a M*A*S*H marathon on TV Land on Monday.
The show holds up to me.
It was over 50 years ago when it began. (1972)
Had to avoid the cheating, lying, asshole in charge.
When did we vote for Musk? Oh yeah, after he bought Cheeto.
**Rick had a Device Check appointment for his pacemaker. He’s had that done twice now. They turned it up a notch this time. They asked him about his sleep which is almost as bad as mine. They think that turning this up will help him sleep. He complained that he felt great but needs a nap after a workout. They said this should help. I was not there.
I would have had so many damn questions. I asked him the questions and he didn’t know. Lordy, that drives me crazy.
**It's not that you asked, but yes, he is still trying to whistle. Since I have to listen to this, I can tell you he is getting better, but it’s not the same.
In the years past, he has remarked that my voice is white noise.
He thinks he is so funny.
I wish his whistling would become white noise to me!!
I need it to get warm again so that I can't hear him.
‘They’ said it is normally 52 degrees today.
However, I awoke to 10 degrees. The high is 34. If it gets warm, Rick will return to his workshop, and he can whistle his little heart out. But he is underfoot now.
When we first retired my mom asked how I was dealing with us being together 24/7.
I explained that he leaves the house at 9ish and stays in the workshop between 5-530p. So it’s like he goes to work and it works. 😊
Now I understand the question!
**I see my eye doctor about Betty. I need new glasses. I lost the arm on my glasses. Rick attempted to put them back together, but it didn’t last. I was so embarrassed when I got home from the Walmart grocery store and realized I had them on and talked to people. They must have thought I was crazy. But Rick insisted that I looked like a Walmart shopper. Yeah, that is what is so embarrassing!
** After that nasty fall of mine I felt like I was run over by a truck for days. As that subsided, I just had a hard time taking a deep breath. I have had fractured and broken ribs before. Once from Rick hugging me and lifting me. (He doesn’t know his strength.) I figured there was nothing that could be done but rest etc.
For some reason, I have had a great deal less pain since the fall.
Another way to say it is on a pain scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst. I was a 10 or 12 most days. Then the fall came and I’m a 6. I can deal with a 6. I don’t like it, but my eyes are not rolling back into my head from pain. A 6 is not excruciating.
I don’t need any pain medication for a 6. So, I am happy about that.
But I was still having this ‘can’t take a deep breath thing. I held my ribcage to bend especially. You know to get a pot out of the cabinet kind of bend.
Then this past Friday night I told Rick I was going to sit on the sofa. He was thrilled to hear this. I told him to take his ugly chair, I was feeling okay enough to sit anywhere. Then I tried to lay on my right side on the sofa. The idea of laying is so damn appealing after 10 months let me tell you!
Rick kept saying, be careful, be careful. You see I could NEVER lay on my sides during all of this. But I felt like I could do it, so I did it ever so slowly.
I heard and felt a very, very deep POP. Rick heard it too.
I almost threw up. We were both quiet.
Rick was waiting for me to say something.
I said, “Oh Whoa”
I was frozen for a minute. Then I moved and the pain didn’t come with it, in fact, I could now take a deep breath!!!!! What the hell?
Rick thinks my rib may have just been dislocated and it popped back into place.
I don’t know what it was but I feel so much better. I’m a 6/7 depending on the time of day. My left hand is still numb like I got a shot of nonvaccine into it. But my pain is far less. I see the doctor on Wednesday to see the direction we’re going in. I can’t wait to share this with him and see what he thinks this POP was and why did the fall made me feel better. It should be interesting.
I can’t tell you all that I’ve done since this happened. I just don’t wish to be still.
Dear Lord, I’ve been still enough for far too long! I can’t walk for long. My leg and back are still bad but I can move. I’ve mostly been cleaning but it actually felt good to clean. Man, I’m sick.
**Because we don’t watch football, and there were so many games on our TV. (Playoffs and College.)
We decided to play backgammon and listened to rock ‘n roll loudly.
Then we watched an old movie that makes me cry every time.
Rick laughs because he doesn’t think it’s a sad film. He thinks it funny and uplifting. It is. Bonnie Hunt is the writer and I love all the movies she has written along with past tv shows. Always with heart.
The movie is called ‘Return To Me’ I find it to be a heartwarming film.
It is with David Duchovny, Minnie Driver, Carroll O’Connor, and Robert Loggia to name a few. I find the show is the perfect combo of comedy and drama.
If you’ve never seen it and you prefer movies that aren’t comic books or doom-type scenarios like me, you may enjoy this. This is just adults and a dog.
My God the part with the Dog staring at the front door waiting for someone to come home makes me cry Every.Damn.Time.
4 comments:
Well, I'm glad to hear SOMETHING popped back in and gave you a bit of pain relief!
Odd, but I'll take it!😀
I'd had a bad back for a long time. Then I read where doing dead lifts with weights can help it. So I went to the gym and put 235 pounds on the bar and did some lifts. 1, 2, 3, 4POP. Oh oh. I set the bar down and said HEY, my back doesn't hurt. It hasn't hurt since.
My doctor has since taken some x-rays for other things. He said Oh by the way you have a fractured disc. I said Well leave it alone. It's probably my sore back fix.
Wow! Wild how this happens.
Post a Comment