Friday, January 10, 2025

Woman Down

 It was only 9 days into 2025 and I'm on a roll...literally.

It's cold here. 21 when I woke up. 38 high today. We are to begin a storm, with the possibility of 1-3 inches then change over to rain and ice and other fun things of this nature. 

I wanted a couple things from the grocery store. 
I knew I needed Rick to go with me but, oh, how I hate to bring him.

But, I asked if he'd drive me to the store knowing we'd get more than the 10 items on my list.

I thought about giving him a list and going alone. However, I remember the last time I did this, he spent over $300 and missed some things on my list.

As we enter I remind him, only things on the list!
He promises.

Ooh, look, a mini red chocolate cake. It goes in our cart. I laugh and shake my head. Then he's buying all these things we don't need, like cream soda. I've known you 38 years, and I have never heard you utter the words cream soda, let alone see you drink it. 
I remind him that property taxes are due, just our list.
He laughs and off he goes. $153 for less than 10 items on my list.

We get out to the parking lot and he is loading up the cart and I am leaning on it as I have to do now.  He is done and I told him I'd take the cart back. It was only 3 cars away.  No problem I swear to him.  Oops.

I put the cart in the "cart hotel" and I turned to go back to the car. 
My leg/back gave out and down I went. In the middle of the parking lot.
My baseball cap flew off my head and I came right out of my shoes.
I lay on the ground for a minute. It felt like I was vibrating. I hurt and I was trying to get up when Rick saw me. All of a sudden I am surrounded by a bunch of men trying to help me. I was freaking embarrassed!!

I got to my car with Rick's help. I opened the door, put one foot inside then walked out and vomited.  Twice.  Just Lovely.   As if lying on the ground in the middle of the parking lot wasn't bad enough.

Rick got me home. I brushed my teeth. I hobbled to the ugly chair and sat for a bit.  As the night went on I became very very sore.
My left side ribcage is so sore - how the hell did that get hurt?
My left boob (side boob) is sore to the touch. What?  My boob?  Honestly!

So here I sit at 6:20am sore and hurting. Rick is fast asleep and of course, I've been awake for hours.  

Because of the bad weather on its way I am staying indoors until my neurosurgeon appointment on Tuesday.  
I will be wrapped in bubble wrap.

16 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What an unfortunate accident -- I hope some rest improves your soreness!

bluzdude said...

Don't underestimate the bubble wrap! Rick should make you a flak jacket out of it.

Please stay out of trouble until Tuesday!

Abby said...

I'm saying bad words in my head.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, well that's what I've done ...OUT LOUD😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tony, Rick woke up and saw me trying to move and said, that's new. I said it's hard to even breathe. He went to garage and got bubble wrap. Funny boy

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Me too Debra, me too. Happy Friday

Cruisin Paul said...

I'm so sorry Peg that you fell. I know what it's like. That's why I have a walker now. My balance is so bad. I have to see a specialist for my feet. Get well my friend.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Paul. Enjoy your weekend. Wanna adopt me so I can be Canadian?

Ami said...

OMG I am so sorry. I so hope you catch a break soon. You've had to deal with way too much shit lately. Sending you hugs.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, I concur!! Too much shit. Someone said I was strong and can handle it. I almost slapped them!! Thx Ami. I owe you a private note.

Kathy G said...

I am so sorry that bad things are always happening to you, but you do such an entertaining job of relaying them :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy it has been a couple of years of this bad stuff. I feel as though I'm being punished to be honest with you I moved here and there was nothing wrong with me. I think I"m allergic to North Carolina. :-) I'm glad you are entertained!!

Mike said...

A while back, I went to the store to get one thing. I got 20 things and forgot the one thing I went for.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Mike that's funny.

Julie H said...

Holy smokes girl you need grocery delivery.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Oh, Peg. Delivery would be nice, but at the least can you order online and then have them deliver it to your car? I imagine you were even more sore the day after. I can send you that bubble wrap if ya need.....