I was to see my surgeon on Wednesday, the 22nd.
However, the weather Gods had another plan.
I knew it was going to snow. Dear me the weather people here acting like it was armageddon. I wasn't worried about driving to my appointment the following morning but I admit I was afraid of falling. Since their parking lot would be nothing more than ice and some snow. They wouldn't be salting their parking lot since they don't salt roads other than highways.
I got myself moving at 7am and was just dreading this whole thing. I stood at the coffee machine trying to figure out what I was going to wear.
Most of my boots have heels and the ones that don't are just cute with a nice slick bottom. What was I going to wear on my feet to prevent me from slipping? Hell, I had that bad fall on a sunny 50-degree day with dry pavement.
Rick asked if I wanted him to go with me.
I laughed and said, "Mister you now have a goofy gait and struggle. We both can't be down on the ground like turtles on their backs"
That made him laugh.
He replied, " I see your point but it would make me feel so much better if I am with you."
"So you want to die together is that it?"
"Exactly"
I just gave in, knowing it was damn foolish to do so.
At 7:30am the doctor's office called me to cancel due to the weather.
YEAH! She apologized and said can you come in the next day at 2p?
I am now heading off to the doctor today. It's still very cold and icy but it's also sunny. If your parking lot is getting sun it should be fine. My driveway was a skating rink which is now just dry pavement so I am certain Rick doesn't need to go to the doctor with me. I'm a big girl, I can handle it.
I wanted to also mention 2 things -
1. We were watching TV last night when a man woke up because he heard someone breaking into his home. He asks loudly, "Who is it?" twice.
For some reason this makes me laugh. As if the burglar is going to say, "Hey, It's Bob!"
2. I've told you many times here how I was always so embarrassed as a kid of my very ethnic mom/family. A stereotype of an Italian woman in every way.
Friends always said we had funny-sounding food but yet loved it all when they ate at my house. (If you're new here, this link above in blue from '09 explains it well I think)
I was sent a message from a close high school friend and it sent me a link to the FB Class of '74 page. Now I have deactivated FB (and soon all things meta) but I activated it to see what she wanted me to see.
OMG, it was a photo of my 1st grade class. Most of which I went to high school with too. There were only 160 kids in my graduating class and I had known most since 1st grade.
I made a comment to David who mentioned me in the picture.
Then a woman from 1st grade through 12th commented. I am going to show you what she wrote. I have thought about her many times so it was nice to be able to chat a bit.
So what used to embarrass me now makes me smile.
Who knew it made others happy as well. (this was before my mom died obviously, not my new mom so this was when we were 13 and younger)
6 comments:
I see you posted this at 11:39 and your appointment is at 2. I hope you make it back OK. Let us know.
It is only 20 minutes away Dad. I'm sitting and waiting to be called. I also let Rick know I arrived. 😃 tee hee
I'm glad your first appointment was changed. The last thing you needed was a broken something on top of all your other issues.
What a special full circle moment; I'm glad that connection reached you. However, deactivating meta seems like a the right thing to do in 2025.
Feb 5 is surgery. Yipee
Sadly, DB, you're correct about 2025/meta. Would you like to adopt me so I can leave America? I'm lots of fun and I'm neat.😆
Post a Comment