Wednesday, January 15, 2025

Mojo, Ceasefire and Memes

My calendar is full for this week and next.  All medical of course.  Damn how this frustrates me. But it is what it is so I march on.

You all know about that terrible fall.  Still so damn sore. However, the back pain I've been dealing with is far less since the fall.  It has increased my left hand's numbness/tingling, and boy, this feels funny to type. Did I knock something where it should be?  

I have to have one more test this week and it will determine which direction we need to go for this surgery.  I am praying no fusion!!!!!!
So as of next Wednesday, I should know what I am doing for certain. But it looks like I'm too far gone for the spinal cord stimulator.

In the meantime.  Rick is still trying to get his Mojo back in the kitchen.
As you know until his stroke he was the cook around here.  He is far better than me.  But after the stroke, he has not done too well. But working in his workshop has been very very cold of late so he putters around the kitchen.

He stood in the pantry for a long time and I asked what he was looking for.
He said, "Ideas"  I just chuckled and said, "Good luck with that."  
He asked if I was hungry for anything. No, not even that hungry.
Then he went to the fridge. He is pulling things out, then back to the pantry.
He said, "This is like chopped.  This what we have and I'm going to make something good damn it."  I just smiled and hobbled back to The Chair.

Well damn if this wasn't a good meal. I wasn't even hungry but once I tasted that chicken I was hooked. And chicken is not my favorite. I won't bore you with the meal but I was more excited that he is back to cooking great food because I hate cooking!  Just in time, I'd say. 

So now I just need my Mojo back.  I'm tired of being a mess. My hairdresser said to me yesterday that sick Peg isn't funny. She went on to say how she looks forward to me visiting because I cheer her up and make her laugh. That was nice to say, however pain has a way of making things not so funny or making me all that talkative. 

Speaking of which, Rick doesn't like me being so quiet either. It unnerves him. I find it funny that everyone thinks I am their entertainment but I too, hope to feel like seeing the funny more often.  Soon, soon, I hope. 
__________

How about Biden getting this ceasefire before he left? 
I hope we get the hostages home soon. 
I am certain that the orange buffoon will somehow say this is bad, or he could have done it sooner etc. He will find fault.  He is so awful, just despicable. 

And we all know that wanting Greenland and Canada is coming from the east, as in Putin, his buddy. He isn't even smart enough to locate the country on a map/globe.

Then we have the fires.  My God's words can not fully articulate the devastation and loss of life in every form.  It is so difficult to watch and it is so damn sad.  We donated to Red Cross because we didn't know what else to do from here. 
To toss blame when you know nothing or to lie and start rumors is as bad as looting or starting the damn fire.  While the tRump is an ass this was so full of hate and venom that it made me sick.  During a disaster?  

A woman on my next-door app said her son was going to fight fires in CA and she was livid because it was a liberal state. 
OMG, my head could explode at the ignorance and stupidity. But she has Christian under her picture. Christian? Does she know the meaning of the word?  Okay so when the floods, tornados, or hurricanes happen in a southern red state like NC a few months ago, we should let them all just die? My God the stupidity and hateful ignorance is mind numbing.
All I can hope for is when her house is on fire and the red truck pulls up they will ask about her political affiliation and then refuse to save her home because it is the wrong side.  

This meme below talks about a book that I just put on hold at my library.
Have any of you read this book by Octavia  Butler?
Just like Nostradamus said, 'fire, floods and the antichrist and then will begin WWIII. 

Gee on that high note, I will leave you with some memes.



I do think I may need this soon.








Wake Up America.

13 comments:

Kathy G said...

I thrive on turning random ingredients into meals.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy, you and Rick have that skill. I, do not. 😀

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great memes!

Mike said...

But tRUMP has that 49.9% mandate! 😆

bluzdude said...

That "fixed" Canada map needs to include Maryland! (But feel free to keep DC out of it.)

Unknown said...

Love the memes! I am tired of cooking and have started eating the frozen batch cooked things I put in the freezer a couple of months ago. I usually love to cook and bake but honestly think the wind up to the orange asshole taking office has made me numb and so very fearful at the same time. My understanding of the American public and what I thought were nationwide values has been shot to hell and I am not coping well.
JC

Julie H said...

Four more years of embarrassment with the orange Cheeto.

Julie H said...

Oh and I like playing Chopped in my kitchen too haha

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🤣🤣

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wanna adopt me? I need a new country.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😁😑I'll let them know.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

JC, I'm with you. It's not a good feeling.

Abby said...

When the kids were home, we often had "clean out the fridge" for dinner. I'm sure Rick's chicken was better.
If only the Denmark prison would take us.