Saturday, January 11, 2025

Entitled

Rick and I watch a show called Special Forces.  I really enjoy it.  
I could NEVER do what these men and women do. Nor would I wish to.
This is no soft show like Survivor.
I did not think I'd like it when I first saw this. I thought it would be something only my husband would be watching. But I really liked it. 

I always find it amazing how these "famous folks" behave.  They could be Olympians, actors/actresses, musicians, professional athletes, etc.
This is the Green Berets and most of the athletes think this will be easy and even they find out it's not easy at all.

Now if I were asked to go on a show like this, I'd watch it first. Duh.
Then I could see if I really could/would do this.  
I love how some try and fight the fear, and the pain and endure through all the difficulties mental and physical. But mental is a huge component.  

Some are so entitled it makes both of us talk back to the TV.
The two who walked away on the first day both said something about they didn't think it'd be so difficult. I don't know how you could watch this and not see that this is difficult. One of the Olympians I think said she had been training for 2 months prior to this to help her do well. To me that was smart.

Denise Richards is an actress but other than marrying Charlie Sheen I don't know anything she has done. She told the Green Berets (special forces) she was a Bond Girl once.  I think she may be a housewife reality show person too. I have never watched one but I think I read it somewhere. I could be very wrong. But she seems like that type.

This woman was a piece of work. "can't carry this it's too heavy."
" They are so f-ing mean"
"I can't f-ing keep going, I have never walked this f-in' far in my life".  
"I hurt so f-ing much." and on and on and on. 
She said fuck so many times we really didn't hear much of her whining because they had to beep her. 
Thank God for captions so we didn't miss a minute of the constant whining.
 
She asked to go home on the 1st day. She said she hurt too much.
I read that she ruptured her breast implants when she jumped off a bridge.
She never told anyone she said that she ruptured her breasts on the show. 
I read she waited until she got home. Now she is claiming the show won't pay her to have them fixed.  C'mon, you signed your life away before you started the show. Don't act like this is new to you. She actually said I guess I didn't know what I signed. Oh, please.
Entitled and stupid is a great combo.

Then there is the 'Praise the lord' by Stephen Baldwin.  
We were shocked he was not spouting his religious mumbo jumbo.
But boy was he a complainer about EVERYTHING and anything. "I'm too old to do this" 
Gee what did you think this show was about, a spa resort?
At one point Rick said to me, "He's ugly inside."
I just agreed.  He does not seem like a nice man, just an entitled one.
 
When Baldwin was asked who he was and what he did for a living, he was so put off, I'm an actor as if these military men would know.  
I don't know of any movie he's been in since the 80s. So I had to laugh when they said, "Oh, Baldwin Your brother is a big actor, isn't he?"  Or something to that effect, I thought his head would explode when they did the close-up of his eyes. 
Rick just said, "Ooh, nerve hit"
But he whined that he was too old and he had things to do so he told them he was leaving on day 1. He was bad at everything including walking. No lie. 

I think Rick and my commentary should be a TV show in itself. 
Some of Rick's comments are hysterical. 
Rick was so serious when he asked me why this one woman would wear fake eyelashes in this environment.  Does she put them on every day? 
He said, "When they wake them up in the middle of the night to do drills she doesn't have time to put on lashs." 
So I explained the difference between fake eyelashes and extensions.  
Hers were extensions. She doesn't take them on and off, they adhere to her lashes like hair extensions on your head. 

Color me shocked that he even noticed her eyelashes, I mean they are above her breasts.

17 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't seen (or even heard) of this show but it sounds like the ones who sign up for it are hubristic D-list celebrities so desperate for money and attention that they'll try anything.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Debra to an extent you are correct. The Olympians are past but recent past. You can't do this and train, you'd get hurt. A great many NFL players. Last year I recall the Olympic skier Bodie Miller. He had to prove to himself he could still do it. I'd prefer no celebrities. Too whiney for me!

BootsandBraids said...

I've never heard of this show, but I love your and Rick's commentary. I agree about a TV show. You two could do a YouTube or Tik Toc commentary on shows. I'd subscribe.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Boots, you're funny. I think you'd like this show though. The Green Berets don't mess around. The mental to me may be difficult for me. But they try to break you first I guess. Like boot camp😀

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Where is 'Special Forces' shown? It sounds like a show I'd like.

Barbara said...

Oh my. I thought Survivor would be to hard for me. I guess being on that show is totally off my to-do list.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, it is on Wednesday nights @8pm on Fox.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, nope I get winded watching it...Ha ha

bluzdude said...

I can think of two movies Denise Richards was in, Starship Troopers (Space marines vs giant killer bugs) and Wild Things (swampy whodunit-mindfuck movie with Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon and Neve Campbell.) The latter was really good, with a tremendous end-reveal.

Stephen Baldwin is probably best know for being in The Usual Suspects, Oscar winning movie w/ Kevin Spacey that asked "Who is Keyser Sose?" Another total mind-fuck movie.

I've seen the promos for Special Forces but passed. I already watch "Survivor." This looks like a blend of Survivor, Naked and Afraid, and boot camp. But it sounds like it really shows you who these people are inside.

Julie H said...

I think Denise was doing a lot of cocaine back in the Charlie Sheen "winning" days.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

No, it's not a reality show. No one gets voted off. No teams. It's the Green Berets course training. The only way you go home is if you are an asshole they boot you like Baldwin. (Which never has happened) Or you beg to leave like Denise. I don't care for Survivor due to game play, lying, manipulation. The mental aspect you see change over time is what I find interesting. Especially atheletes.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well that's not something I know but if true I'm not surprised

Ami said...

Waaaay back when, my youngest brother had a show on The Outdoor Channel. One of the things he did was take famous people out hunting. He said they were mostly the biggest whiny assed babies he'd ever seen, didn't want to sleep in a tent, just wanted a trophy. Entitled times 10. I don't watch network TV, I stick with dvd and once in awhile, Netflix.

If I had to go on a show like that, I'd fake my own death to get out of it.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I've never even heard of this show, but I don't think I would enjoy it much ~ especially listening to everyone whining would really turn me off.
You can tell Rick that I've seen women who were in labor who put their lashes on so that they could look good when they post pictures with the newly born human. How stupidly egoistical. (this is on FB, so....stupid abounds)

Cruisin Paul said...

Peg, I saw that show also. Richard's & Baldwin were jerks in the show. To me that show was interesting and sort of told you how difficult it is to be in the special forces. I know that I wouldn't be able to do it.
Have a great day my friends.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Paul I would never want to do this no matter if I was young or old. Have a good one Paul!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Get out, worried about labor and your eyelashes? Geez. I also dislike moms using photo apps to change their kids school pictures. Like adding teeth or fixing their hair. I think the fun of looking back is seeing your 1st grade picture with no front teeth. I have one where my mom shrieked and said, "Peggy I told you to comb your hair before your picture" We laughed about it years later. I hate that they polish all this away.