Sunday, May 21, 2023

Remember Me?

Yes, it's been a while.
While I was away You saw Ricks's post and comments on the post. my hand was only 1 reason I wasn't around. 

One day I woke up and as I put my feet on the ground the room was spinning like NOTHING I've ever felt. Not like when you're young and foolish and drink too much --far more violent than that. I laid back down. Tried getting up again and made it to the bathroom and proceeded to violently throw up, This went on for days. no one knew why. If I lifted my head it was to vomit, because lifting my head made it worse. I couldn't eat or drink. Rick kept telling me to go to the hospital. I said no. I couldn't walk anyway. I was out of it. 

Well, my husband did this

It was awful. Two gorgeous young women are the EMTs who show up to my bedroom as I'm hanging over a wastebasket. Just Lovely. Who are they? Now Rick tells me they are taking me to the hospital. I couldn't fight him and he knew it, the little shit!
Their beauty was not lost on Rick. I too noticed how damn pretty they both were. I heard them say, "This is the first house we've gone into that doesn't smell." 
They said this a couple times to Rick, I couldn't talk, If I did, I'd just vomit. So, I just looked and listened. But, gee where the hell are these stinky homes? The ER got me to stop vomiting and the drugs stopped all pain. Whew. 

Each day it has gotten better. I stopped all the pain pills for my torn-up hand/wrist. It seemed to help after 2 days of no pain pills. My hand/wrist was excruciating but the room was only barely spinning now. 
So was it a reaction to the pain pills? I'm still having a little bit. I mean yesterday I seemed fine and out of nowhere I just had to run and vomit for a bit. Such fun.

I have some funny things to share but this is all I can peck on this keyboard. All done with my left hand...slowly. I've got a lot of stuff happening this week with pre-op and MRI on my hand tomorrow. So I'll be gone again. I will do my best to write before my surgery on June 1st. 

11 comments:

Mike said...

Keeping our fingers crossed that everything comes out alright. Maybe you and Claudia can have a puking contest!

Ami said...

Oh that's awful!! I'm so sorry.
Please feel better soon, and I'll keep watching for updates.
My house smells okay... right now like garlic and pasta, the barnacles just cooked their Sunday night dinner a bit ago. Boy barnacle got a new job... maybe they're going to really move out!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, that's a contest I don't wish to win! I'm sorry Claudia is having all this fun too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami,Boy Barnacle, now that's funny!! Garlic is not a smell, its more of an aroma of delight.

bluzdude said...

That all sounds so horrifying. I'm glad Rick called the EMTs. And that your house didn't smell bad; that probably earned you some extra TLC from the hot EMTs.

Olga said...

Good for Rick as I am sure his motivation wasn't entirely the chance that hot EMTs would show up. Healing thoughts. You have been through way too much but keep a sense of humor (and that's supposed to be healing in itself).

Cruisin Paul said...

Smart husband. I hope you'll be getting better Peg.

Cruisin Paul

Abby said...

How awful! Good for Rick, I'd've done the same thing. I'm glad you are HOPEFULLY past the worst of it.
You have the first house that doesn't smell bad? Hmmm...

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Good for Rick knowing when to take things into his own hands and calling the ambulance. The first thing I thought of is you were having vertigo.

April said...

Glad you are feeling better!
I know it wasn't the stomach bug you had, but I had it a few weeks ago and I think it was the worst I have ever been. Just so awful!

Bobi said...

I hope you get straightened out soon, this is getting ridiculous! I can't even imagine. The hot female EMTs made me laugh, around here, they're all old men who look like they need to be in the ER more than the person on the stretcher.