Rick is in a regular room in the stroke/heart center now. He got to eat pureed food which he does not enjoy. He still has a feeding tube or they call in nutrition but they also use it for meds. He hates this thing in his nose and down his throat. They told him today that it could come out Tues or Wed. He was a happy camper.
First day after the stroke he could shuffle his left leg. But since gout he can't walk. He tried today and the nurse got there in time. We don't need a fall right now. They told him they'd secure him ti the bed if he does that again. He was tied for lack of a better word with this nice thick velcro attached to him and the chair on the first day and HATED it.
I've never been fond of his stubbornness but I see it's proving to be an asset in this situation. He really wants to try everything.
Alrighty, time for bed.
7 comments:
My daughter has Chron's disease. When she was younger (10?), she couldn't eat anything and had to be on a special formula for two months. I got to put a tube down her nose every day after she got home from school so we could pump the formula over a 12-hour period. Months later we had to do it again for two months.
Tell Rick you're being trained on NG tube feeding for him.
Thankfully, Don didn't need a feeding tube after the first weeks but he did have to be careful when eating for the rest of his life because choking was something that occurred 2-3 times a year. And that is serious when it happens.
Being stubborn is a true asset when it comes to rehab. He'll push himself and not give up like so many others do too early in the process. It's going to take time to get Rick back home again, so pace yourself. But it sounds like he's got the right attitude.
Stubborness will help Rick get better. My wife told me that I was miserable and it was hell dealing with me but that helped me get better I guess. You need to have your rest Peg because you will be helping Rick a great deal just like Mary Lou helped me. Keep strong you two.
Cruisin Paul
Mike, oh boy Crohns is difficult. I hope you don't need to train me on this.
Jean, I agree re:his attitude. And I'm trying to pace myself.
Paul,❤️
Linda I'm not sure I can but I must!
Stopping by to wish you a good day. No advice, just wanted you to know someone is thinking of you.
Bobi, thank you. ❤️
Can you all see the cuts in my tongue for biting it? This person at my house takes more out of me than my days with Rick. For the love of God she's got to go. Is it the 3rd yet?
Post a Comment