Sunday, April 3, 2022

Bending Over

I saw a pair of his men's leather high tops and I asked Rick, "would you wear those anymore?"

He looked so serious in thought and then said in all seriousness, "Oh, heavens no, I'm done with all that bending over shit"

You don't want to bend over?
Is this where we are now?
He said, "It's where I live now."

So there ya go. Apparently he is no longer bending. 
My God this old fool cracks me up.


12 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

Now this is a fun story.

Linda said...

It gets a little harder each year. We must be practical.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jamie, it's crazy round here.

Linda, oh don't you encourage him missy. Your internet pretend boyfriend does not need his girlfriend's encouragement!😁

Julie H said...

lmao

Abby said...

It's good to know when it's time to give these things up.

Arkansas Patti said...

Gotta agree with Rick. Every morning when I tie my sneakers I think maybe it is time for slip ons:)

Mike said...

Welcome to retirement Rick.

bluzdude said...

The Kiziks have helped with that pesky "bending over" thing, but I still haven't solved the problem with socks.

Olga said...

I'm passing this on to Don because I am quite tired of hearing the moaning and groaning when he puts on any kind tie shoes.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Draw me a picture here. I don't understand what bending over has to do with leather pants. I would think they'd be harder than cloth pants to bend over in.

Barbara said...

Damn. I've been wearing slip-ons (sloggers) for at least five years. I decided I needed to protect my diabetic feet with thick soles and never looked back. Now that I know I probably couldn't tie my shoes at this stage, glad I beat the pack to slip-ons.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, and now that baby boomers are aging there are so many more nice options for this. Glad it worked for you! I wear nothing but slip ons and all my sneakers have bungee cords so I don't actually tie shoes either.