Monday, April 4, 2022

Monday Monday

My days are filled with a lot of things but fun isn't one of them of late.
Doctor appointments and the dreaded what fits today's dilemma.
I go back to Duke tomorrow morning. If I can fit in the door.
I have lost all control apparently. This is not in my hands. I know that mentally but why doesn't my mind change easily then? 
I can't control the changes happening to my body, good or bad, and I, because I am a control freak find this hard to let go. I am trying. 
Old dog - new tricks - you know how it is.

Yesterday was a bad day because it was like a bicycle pump had been attached to my index finger and Rick pumped me up. I have a moon face. NOTHING fits. I had to leave the house and I could only wear my bathrobe it appeared. 

I kept a couple of tops from when I was fatter and that is all that fits and it's too hot to wear them. This is not good. Someone in the comments told me to buy muu-muus. I don't want a muumuu, I feel like that is giving up on life but it may just be what I have to do. Where the hell do you find muu-muus? Muu-muus R US?  I no longer have cheekbones or a jawline. My neck is so thick it is most uncomfortable. And each day I ask myself, this is really the only way to save my eyesight? Wow.

End of whining - for now.

I am going to answer some comments here so ya'll see 'em. And because I don't have much today in the gas tank.

1. Jean, "men's leather high tops' are sneakers like this. I think you read the word pants instead of shoes and hence your confusion. Or you were making a joke and it went over my head. :-)
2. Olga, You must have Don try these shoes below. 
I wrote about them and I think I made bluzdude a convert. www.kizik.com
Rick of course loves them. I do not own them but certainly, see the advantage. 
I want to buy a pair for my 80 yr old mom because I think she would like this slip-on aspect but still have a solid shoe for her support.

I think I need to make a commission. This will help Don with the bending over tying of his shoes, heaven forbid!

3. Bluzdude, he had sock issues too until he got new socks. His old short ones didn't like to stay on when removing his foot. Now he has new pairs that work. Those bombas did not work for him just FYI. But everyone we know says they are da bomb and work for them perfectly.

*So it appears to me that not bending is in the retirement handbook that I never received. I am still bending. Until I am a complete weeble which should be soon the way things are going.  Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! or apparently bend.

Here are some Monday Memes.


The other evening I was so wired at 3am that I could have wallpapered the house. It was awful. When the doc said 'sleep disturbances' I guess that is what he meant.


This came up in my feed and it reminded me of Abby over here.
If you don't get it that is fine. Abby will. 

Just like the meme says - it took me a minute to get this one below.
Rick sent me this that he received in his feed because he thought it was so like me each time Izzy was sick and couldn't climb the stairs to our bedroom. 
Or after surgery. 
I was the one who slept with her downstairs and held her paw. 
It calmed her enough to sleep and that was what I was going for. 
He has a picture of me like this somewhere.
 It's that time of year when Cadbury Eggs appear. 
I discovered this Cadbury egg in 1979-1980 ish. Got stranded in the air due to a snowstorm and we couldn't land in Buffalo. Imagine that. We were diverted to Syracuse where we were stranded for hours. The only thing to eat was junk. I got one of these new things and oh my God were they good. This was when they were not American made and the chocolate was FAR better. A young child flying alone was crying and scared. All passengers tried to entertain her and keep her from being scared of being alone. A jazz musician (Chuck Mangione) was on the plane with his band and they made puppets from the barf bags and entertained this scared little crying girl. We all got her food and tried to keep her happy. She and I tried the Cadbury eggs and her eyes lit up. I never forgot that day. A quick flight home of 1.5hr from a wedding from Newark to Buffalo lasted 11 hours and a sugar high.

 


Too Soon?

11 comments:

Mike said...

Claudia wants to get some Kiziks.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, I bet she'd like them. She has an excuse to need them more than most with Parkinsons and balance Rick doesn't wish to bend. I think his ailment is called lazy.

Barbara said...

I was so proud of myself when I went to the grocery and didn't even go down the Easter Candy Isle. Seriously. I love Easter Candy and all other chocolate.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, I bought some peeps a few weeks before I started this medical shit and I bought some peanut butter eggs for Rick. He HATEs peeps. I give them to him so he can dole them out to me or I'd eat them in one sitting.
Chocolate and sugar is crack for me.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Oh man, those shoes are soooo ugly! Sorry.... Romeo was thinking about them, and I said no. He wanted them for church because we basically stand most of the time and you need to be kind to your feet. I took one look and said they were gross, and thankfully he didn't buy them!

Cadbury's, oh yum. I love them. Romeo said he would get me some when he goes to the store. Love that guy......except for his taste in shoes :D

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's - ugly? kizik's? They look exactly like his Schetchers and his New Balance sneakers. So identical to the others that he mistook one pair as slip-on and he found out soon enough they were not the right ones. So that is funny to me. I take it you don't wear sneakers. These are also not to be used for foot and ankle support as you say Romeo needs. These are just sneakers that let you slide in and out. You may wish to look into vionic shoes for such a purpose. But they too may look ugly to you if you don't like sneakers. Or are you referring to the leather high tops? Those are not his. Those are a random picture. But I don't think those are ugly either. So there ya go. Thanks for the giggles!

Anonymous said...

Would dresses from Lane Bryant work for you?
https://www.lanebryant.com/clothing/dresses/view-all


Olivia

Arkansas Patti said...

I do love those Cadbury Eggs, almost as much as a small Peppermint Patty--my after dinner mint.
Loved the guy and his dog and it was so special that you did that with Izzy too.
I've pulled a bugs bunny a time or two also. Not fun. Get some rest girl.

bluzdude said...

You know when the Kiziks really pay off? When you have to take off your shoes in the TSA line at the airport.
As you get old, having to bend becomes double-jeopardy. If you bend at the waist, you risk hurting your back. If you squat, with my knee pain, you may not get back up. So anything you can do to avoid that is a big win.

And you KNOW I got the Abby Normal joke...

Olga said...

I like those kiziks. Don does not own a pair of sneakers -- steel toed work boots, cowboy boots, and an old pair of dress shoes, probably from high school. And fussy . . . good grief. Root canal or shopping with Don, that's a really hard choice. He didn't look excited when I showed him the video. I do remember showing it to him before. But I will let you know if you earn a commission.

Julie H said...

Wal Mart for the muumuu lol get some elastic pants and big tops, they are cheap enough you can just throw them away when you're done with them.

I love Cadbury eggs but Scott hates them. More for me! I'm sad they make them smaller now though.