Well I'm back in paint clothes.
I got 3/4 of the kitchen/dining area completed yesterday
It looks far better already. Do I love it? Not so much but it's so much better than it was so I like it. I am attempting to use window treatments from my last home which sort of dictates color. But far cheaper than buying all new drapes etc. Yesterday a friend asked me via phone if Rick was doing the painting. I laughed and said Rick does not paint.
She asked, "didn't he do that for a living?"
"Not walls", I replied. She laughed and said okay I sort of get it.
Rick HATES to paint. When he was a kid his father did house painting on the side for extra money. His weekends were helping his dad paint houses inside and sometimes outside. He always brought Rick along with him and let me tell you he has a real aversion to painting. Oh he will do the high parts that are too high for me to reach even on the top of the ladder. Other than that - no painting for him and he is thankful I am a great painter. I could do this for a living if I wasn't so old. But I did not squat while doing the floor area. I sat on the floor. Having a sore hiney wasn't fun.
Yesterday while he was working in the garage and I was in the house I called him at a point where I only had the high part of one area that I could not reach. I went to the porch and yelled out, "hey you want a break?"
He yelled back, "Oh hell yes!'
The poor fella came inside thinking he was getting a lunch or a coffee break. I handed him the brush and told him what I needed him to do.
He looked at me and said, "this is my break? from bringing things to the attic, my break is painting? I thought you had lunch or beverage for me."
Oh Ricky, that was your first wife.
We both laughed like hell.
We both laughed like hell.
His first wife apparently was never ever nice to him or anyone else so I thought that was funny.
He painted the area in need for me and said he was going back to work since his mean wife made him nothing.
I suggested he make something for his mean wife since she is slaving in here.
Laughter could be heard all the way out to the garage.
Okay now, I must go finish this room now and then only 5 more to go.
10 comments:
You got me thinking about when the last time ANY wall in our house was painted. It's been a while. 15 years maybe.
I hate painting, my hand hurt forever after doing all the cutting in the living room and kitchen (and baseboards/trim)
Mike, do you honestly think I'm going to be painting again in 15 yrs? HA. But even you would have painted or paid someone to paint with these horrific colors. The good thing? We don't need to turn the hall bathroom light on to go in there the paint is so fluorescent.
Julie, that is because you don't do it enough. :-) If I could have afforded to pay someone trust me I would have!! The kitchen, living room, dining room, hall and foyer have all been done now! I just finished! Whew. The bedrooms will come whenever. I need to rest my shoulders.
Rick HATES to paint. Well I'm with him. I love paint drawing but to paint a wall or anything, Mary Lou knows that I would just make a mess. She's an excellent person to paint and she loves it. So instead I'd cook or baking something for her. She's happy and so am I.
Have a wonderful day Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Hey, you made him laugh, that is almost as good as a beverage. Seems like you have the chores divided pretty well. He goes high and you go low. I never minded painting, just the prep work.
Paul, Rick cooks some has got that covered for me!
Patti, what prep work? Am I doing something wrong? Moving furniture. Yes I dislike that part. I've got a routine down now I paint so much. I'll come paint for you and you can just relax.
I'm not a great painter, but I will do it if I hate the existing color. I'm glad Rick was able to get the paint but darn, that means no excuse. Don't forget before and after pics although not so sure how color will show on share.
I am with Rick. Painting can suck it. I will avoid it all costs if I can. Thankfully, Mrs. Shife doesn't mind doing it so I get to do other fun stuff like cleaning out the shed. Good luck with your house projects.
You're gonna have that house up to snuff very soon!
I don't mind painting, find it kind of relaxing, actually. Now, I've got some Uugly wallpaper in the kitchen. Will Rick strip it off?
Abby, I like it too, mindless, put on some music, and off I go. Wallpaper is a bear! Neither of us will help with that one.
Mr. Shife, Everyone has such strong feelings about painting it really makes me laugh.
Post a Comment