A dear friend texts me Saturday to let me know that Oreo's has made a gluten-free version.
She text, "I know pizzelles are your absolute favorite cookies but I also know how much you love Oreos as a very close 2nd favorite so I had to share that they now have a GFree version. Just thinkin' about you Margaret.😋"
It made me laugh. I love that my cousin texts to tell me, my husband took a picture from the grocery store to tell me, and then my friend texts me.
Gee, do you think I have an Oreo problem?
Rick said he'd bring some home and I begged him not to. I can't remember exactly how long I've been Gfree, I think it's been 12 yrs or more. So it's been a long time since I have had an oreo.
I can't even eat food I can chew yet so I don't want them here calling out to me.
And they will call out to me.
"Peggy, I'm in the pantry, take me out, indulge me!" Nope, they won't be quiet so I don't want them in the house! But when I can have food...look out!
__________________
We have a snow day today because we are getting sleet and rain at 5pm. Virtual snow day. What wimps live here.
I would have loved it as a kid since in 12 yrs of school and over 100 inches of snow a year I only had 1 snow day in my life until I moved here.
______________
We had a woman cancel an appointment for Thursday. This is what she wrote to me, "we have to cancel because my kid GOT COVID!!!!!!!"
I followed up with a call to confirm I received her weekend email. Her kid is little so this shit is scary.
And they want them to go to school. How crazy is that?
__________________
I watched a Tiger Woods documentary. Wow, that guy was/is a hot mess. His father to me, in my opinion only, was a real piece of shit! He didn't give this kid a chance to be a child. He was grooming him from infancy to be this golfer. Then there are the bimbos. The biggest one being Uchitel. OMG, this woman is a piece of work. She thinks she had been depicted as a cheater. She denies that. She says I knew he was married but I'm not a cheater. Hmm....then what is your definition? She also is hideous looking. I do not understand why men like this fake plastic face. What face Rick would say? They aren't looking at her face. Ugh.
There is no denying his ability to golf or be "in the zone" but sometimes I wonder if he had just been able to be a kid and allow golfing to just flow naturally would he have done as well?
I know my ex was groomed by his father and it fucked him up. I never liked his father and still don't. I tolerate him. I adore his mother as you know and she saw the pressure that was put on my ex. I recall when he was dropped by Cleveland and not picked up anywhere. Instead of working with him, encouraging him without blowing smoke up his but, he berated him. It was awful. It was generally me who had to pick up those pieces and try to heal his wounds. I don't think he ever got over some of that. I would like to think I would never do that to a child but we will never know. I always felt it was his father's dream more than his. But damn he was pretty good.
______________
Rick was contacted about his vaccine. It has been delayed due to shortages. They expect to ramp back up in 2 weeks. I hope so. Cause after him it's my turn. I know this won't stop anything we do daily. Still must wear a mask. But it will make me a bit less stressed.
To all the dummies that won't get it - one person just told me it's like the flu vaccine, you can get the flu. OMG stop listening to people who don't know such as the GOP or fox news. Dr. Agus stated that the nasal flu shot has a live attenuated (reduced) vaccine. Meaning it is made from live, but weakened so you can't get the flu from that either. Regular flu shots do not have a live virus nor do covid's.
Covid Vaccine does not have a live virus. I just shake my head at these people. And I have "these" people in my immediate family. Fine as Dr. Agus says, go to the end of the line and let the rest of us get ours. He was on for 1.5 hrs or more and he addressed all the lies on the internet and fox news and out of trumps cult followers.
I wish I had the full interview here. He was very interesting.
At one point they were talking about disease and why elephants don't get cancer and why that is. Cool and smart man. I don't normally find these types of interviews interesting.
10 comments:
I'm signed up on 4 different vaccine lists and heard nothing.
I liked the Tiger Woods documentary and knew a lot because I'd ready a few books about him. I hope he has his life straighten out now and isn't doing to his son what was done to him.
Go for the GF Oreos, Peg.
Jean, I didn't say I didn't like it. It stuck with me. I felt so badly for him and understand why he is such a mess. His father was horrific to me. He groomed him like a robot for his pride and ego. Not because this is what Tiger wanted. I don't think the poor kid had a chance to develop to know what he wanted.
Can't do the oreos read the ingredient list. They are not 100% gluten free and that is not worth being sick over sadly!
I always felt a little that Tiger was the victim of abuse. Kind of feel that for the son or daughter of any famous person. Even if they aren't driven, they tend to drive themselves. Seldom do they ever quite make it. Didn't realize your ex had similar experiences.
Sure hope Rick gets his shot soon. Can't understand those who refuse.
Watched the clip and was a bit sad not to learn about elephants and cancer. Guess I can Google that.
Not surprised at your conclusions about Tiger Woods. Seems similar with a lot of child "prodigies" and their upbringings. My kids are lucky I'm too lazy for that kind of stuff.
Abby, yep I'd be in your club. :-)
My friend works at a K-8 school. She has access to all the red x's that come in for their hybrid in school/on line school. There are A LOT of kids that get it. She just had to be quarantined for 10 days since 2 people she works with in the office were positive (one has 2 little kids that were also positive).
Am I was reading you correctly that Dr. Argus said the flu shot is a live vaccine? My understanding was that it is not.
I know the Covid is not live...
Just pulled this off CD
No, flu vaccines cannot cause flu illness. Flu vaccines given with a needle (i.e., flu shots) are made with either inactivated (killed) viruses, or with only a single protein from the flu virus. The nasal spray vaccine contains live viruses that are attenuated (weakened) so that they will not cause illness.
Mary. sorry I will rewrite that. I believe it was just the nasal spray that is is a live attenuated vaccine, Unlike the flu shot, it is made from live, but weakened, influenza viruses. But you cannot get the flu from the nasal spray vaccine. Sorry about that.
Post a Comment