Thursday, January 28, 2021

It's Only Thursday!

There has been a phrase thrown around my house while I've been sick. 
It makes me laugh and I know he is just trying to make me laugh but only Richard would say these things and say them in the most creepy of ways.

At the height of this, I'm hunched over in debilitating pain and I am bleeding from all orvices below my waist & he looked at me one day in the kitchen. 
Mind you I was holding my lower belly, hunched over, and holding on to the kitchen island. 
He begins to talk like a swarmy Rico Sauvé and that is what makes it so funny to me. But I'm easy with the laughter so it may be just me.

He says, "still bleeding? feel like fooling around babe?"
Of course, I laughed because I knew he was not serious. 
But it worked, I laughed and forgot for a moment that I was in pain. 

This damn phrase, "feel like fooling around?"  is now a big fat laugh when I need it. But just reading this you can't hear ole Rico Sauvé and honest to God that is what makes this so funny.

I was vomiting at one point and he says, "hey feel like fooling around baby?"  
"Oh Yes, I am feeling sexy right now Rick, kiss me! "
That made him laugh harder.

We have been saying this for weeks while I have been doubled over in pain. Or when I am telling him gross things about this damn illness he will say, "gee that makes me hot babe, feel like fooling around?"  and he adds this creepy tsk tsk sound that makes it all the more sleazy and adds to my laughter.
He said this while I was drinking water and I began to choke. 
I don't know why it makes me laugh so. The way in which he says it is funny and I think the key. 
Doesn't matter because during these awful moments, it just cracks me up. 
It takes my mind off me for a moment and I like that.

Last night his back was really giving him fits. 
He was using the heating pad, taking ibuprofen and Tylenol together.  
Then he got on the floor with this back "thingy" and rolled around on that. 
When he got up he was acting 85 and he's holding his back and I see him hobbling to his ugly chair and I said in his Rico Sauvé tone that he uses on me, "Hey Ricky, feel like fooling around?"
That made him laugh so hard he snorted. It worked. 
He said, "thanks Margaret I needed that." 
Touché

Tuesday was my doctor's appointment. It was a bit slushy slippery outside so in the morning the Drs office called and asked if I'd like to change it to a virtual follow-up. I said SURE. I didn't have an issue driving there but they thought I might since I live far from the office so I took advantage of their concern. I appreciated that. 

I took a shower, did my hair, and put on makeup, even lipstick because no mask was involved. I put on a red sweater and below the waist, I was in my red and black pj's and slippers. The doctor can't see that so that was nice.
Why can't all follow up appointments be like this? 
When Rick got home and saw me at my desk he said, "you look really pretty you going somewhere?"  
I stood up and he saw I was in my pj's and Rick said, "Oh the zoom look. I get it. Pretty from the waist up"    Yep you got it.

My doctor finally received all my records and scans from the hospital. 
I do indeed have diverticulitis. I have not had solid food for 4 weeks.
We discussed beginning to add food to my diet. 
I was thrilled and scared, to be honest. 
So for dinner, I decided to try to eat food. Rick said he only wanted some of the leftover casserole I had made him a couple days ago. 
Great no cooking, just reheating. But what would I eat? 

Eating meat felt scary to me. Too heavy. I stared into the abyss known as my refrigerator. I saw some leftover elbow macaroni that was in a container. 
It had been cooked, but not used.  There was maybe 1.5 cups of it.  
There was no sauce on it or anything. Just plain GF elbow macaroni. 
So I thought, that is still kind of soft so maybe I'll just do that to start. 
I reheated it, added a pat of butter, and stirred.  I ate 1/2 of it and I felt full enough to think maybe I should see how this sits.  It sat fine until 2am. 

I awoke to tummy pain. Not awful off the chart pain like I've had, but my tummy seemed a bit pissed off. Great. I got up and went to the 3rd floor. 
I grabbed bottled water out of the fridge up there and a couple of Advil. 
I settled onto the sofa and watched some reruns.   
So do I try to eat again today? I'm scared to be honest. 
I had dry toast for breakfast. That never bothers me and it fills me up and I like it. But I can't live on it.

The doctor said I am to see him again in 2 weeks. Then I need to have a colonoscopy after that. Now the worst part of a colonoscopy if you've not had one is the prep the day before. But that "prep" awful part is what I have been living for months without drinking that awful stuff. So I guess I'm used to that now and this should be just like another day for me.
😟
I'm having fun now, aren't I? I know you're jealous! But I am not in a lot of pain. If it gets no better than this I can live with this. I don't want to but it's better than vomiting, never leaving the bathroom, and the inability to walk upright.  I can walk upright, I can leave the house, and slowly but surely I should be able to have more food. Each day I am to add more things. Whoever thought one could be afraid of food? 

I am leaving you this meme on this Thursday, which I swore all morning was Friday. Boy, I hate that. I was excited thinking it was Friday and then at 8am Rick tells me it's Thursday. No, say it ain't so!
Did I post this? I feel like I have but I don't see it here.
I think having only a little food is making my brain a bit slower than normal. 
Is that even possible? Did I post it? You sure it's notFriday? 
Where the hell am I?  


9 comments:

Olga said...

I don't believe I have seen that meme before. It makes the point.

Don has had diverticulitis and so has my stepson -- not fun. I am glad Rick can make you laugh and walking upright is a good thing.

Cruisin Paul said...

The meme is really funny. You & Rick are hilarious with those sentences that get you both laugh. That's important. Sorry hearing about the diverticulitis. Now this colonoscopy, I know about that one. I have that ever 4 to 5 years and the prep just kills. I dad died with colon cancer and before he died he made sure that I have the colonoscopy and I promised him. Get well my friend and I hope that you will now be able to go to my blog with not problem. This new blogger friend showed me how to help me. Hopefully it helps.

Cruisin Paul

Julie H said...

They told Scott he had that in the ER but we think he just ate too much crap. He seems to have issues with popcorn (probably because he eats way too much).

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul whatever Mike had you do worked. I got in today!!! Yeah.

Julie, I can never have popcorn again!!

Olga, I hope once my body heals I will be fine and just watch what I eat. 🤞

Arkansas Patti said...

You two are just too funny. Reminds me of a friend that I use to play in a co-ed softball league with. One night she slid into third and really tore up her leg. She was squirming on the ground in pain when her husband came up and sadly asked,"I suppose tonight is off?" She did laugh though the pain.
I had the same thing as you but not nearly as bad. It did clear up pretty quickly though I would sometimes have relapses. It has been years though since any sign and I eat anything. Hang in there.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I just look like I eat anything and everything. :-)
That's funny about tonight is off! Humor is the best medicine and in all honesty, without it we'd have been divorced during our really difficult times I sometimes think. I am craving a salad and meat. I can not eat lettuce yet I was told and I am afraid to eat meat yet. Which of course Rick had a sick response to that comment earlier too.
BTW, I'm impressed you were in a softball league and could slide into a base. I tried for years. I only messed myself up. My ex-husband who played ball was always trying to teach me these things. I realized I am a much better fan and observer of the game...and I'm clumsy as hell.

Mike said...

I've got that meme but have never used it. I think this is one step past the Bernie meme!

The amount of money Rick's going to get for your body keeps going up and up. Med schools will be bidding on you.

Mary said...

I have to have a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks. I too hate the prep, but my Dr. gives the choice of the miralax prep, which a friend of mine swears by or the traditional 2 10oz bottles of that bad tasting stuff. It’s less fluid, so I won’t do the miralax. I hate it mostly for the great weakness I feel from lack of food and what happens a few hours before you leave the house. UGH!

The worse is always the fear of the big C....that’s we’re my mind always goes. It’s been 14 years from the last one...

Good luck

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mary, I think the key is to start it earlier than they tell you. Then by bedtime and morning you are done!!
I've been living this for months so a colonoscopy won't change my day now. They say you should have one every 10 yrs. I hope this is my last one. :-) Same for you too!