Andy Borowitz wrote : Trump Leaves Letter For Biden At White House
In other news. If one should eat food with their eyes first then by God my eyes are hurtin'.
My bland diet is white. He said soft foods only like yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs,mashed potatoes with no skin and no butter, etc.
I had just close to a cup of ricotta cheese ( I like that better than cottage cheese but made sure to have both for a change) and a hard-boiled egg for breakfast.
It was all white on a white plate. Hmm...appetizing.
Then dinner was scrambled eggs and later in the evening I had 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. Oh, I had applesauce for lunch. Boring food. But it's food and it's not just broth. Still nothing really chewable but my tummy doesn't have severe pains. So there is that. I am only allowed soft veggies like green beans or cooked carrots and he said preferably canned because they are very soft. (holy yuk - canned carrots? all the nutrients are out of them) So mashed potatoes and mushy carrots. I feel like I'm 100 yrs old and can't chew or something. While these aren't exactly filling meals it is better than starving which I was doing prior to this. At least I feel like I've eaten and I can wait until my next meal. Before it felt like I could eat my arm off. And yet no weight loss. How do I do it? Just lucky I guess.
Today felt like a snow day. Rick was home mid week and I was slower than molasses. It felt very odd. But we got to watch all the inauguration things we wanted to watch.
Let's start with shallow shit shall we? Come on those jewel tone coats were fabulous but my #1 vote for best dressed with Mrs. O. That color, that belt. Classic and gorgeous!
I must also say that JLo sang better than I thought she could, Lady Gaga and whatever the hell she was wearing with her peace dove, sang the song a bit too dramatic for my taste but the woman has a set of pipes!
Dr. Biden looks so much like Rick's republican sister that it makes her seethe when everyone keeps telling her that. Of course, Rick and I find it funny because we are awful people. We have never uttered those words to her but we know she has heard them and how angry it makes her. She would rather be compared to Laura Bush who she thinks was the best first lady in her life. Poor thing. It would be like if Rick looked like swollen orange trumpy. That would kill him too. So we get her attitude but like I said we are awful people who get a bit of a kick about it.
My dear friend in Ireland, Bruce, sent me a link to watch the FM of Scotland say congrats to Joe Biden and thank God trump is gone. Then she went on to say that Scotland is looking into all his businesses there with a fine-tooth comb. They want him to go away. It was a remarkable video but I couldn't copy it to put it here for you all to witness. Boy Europe hates him!
Hey, I also heard that the new president already signed a couple of bills and one was the stopping of the wall that fell over. What a waste of our money!
I heard yesterday on Sirius that LiveNation concerts this summer will require all to have a covid vaccination form before they can get in. No vaccination, no entry. Interesting to see how that plays out. I was listening to Dr. Argus on Sirius yesterday talking about the virus. He has been on the Biden transition team and working with them on the virus. He spoke so that anyone could understand. There were call-in questions. It was information, it addressed all the silly rumors like infertility and the like from the vaccine. It was a very good 2 hrs and I learned a lot. He made me excited because he was excited how he is now working with a team that understands and respects science. He said he also was excited about the plans to roll this out in a more productive way.
So I felt we all had a collective sigh of relief today.
trumpy not wishing to attend was probably the nicest thing he has done for the country and President Biden.

15 comments:
"Cheerio and Don't haste ye back" whatever else she may have said is lost to the annals of time since even Scots can't understand a Scots accent LOL
I'd hate your diet but hope like hell it's helping you.
"I feel like I'm 100 yrs old..." Ugh, that's what your current diet reminds me of - the peeps where I work! I hope you'll be back to the real stuff soon. Glad you had a mellow day and could enjoy the ceremony.
Oh, what a wonderful day!! For the country (not for your diet).
I used to work with a gal that wouldn't eat anything green.
Ah yes, the white diet. I know it well. I have my first vaccine appointment on Friday. They will have to either have some kind of shot record or certificate like we did on the old days, or a code on your phones, I expect and I have absolutely NO problem with that.
Don’t haste ye back (ya Orange pile of dung)
I feel like a saggy 300 lb weight has been lifted from my shoulders. The grownups are back in charge again.
I so hope we are rid of him and his family for good. Wish they’d go to Russia and take their cult with them.
I'm very happy that Biden is the new president but he did something that hurt Canada, the Keystone pipeline. But thank God, Trump is no longer running the show. Now the American people can breathe a little bit better. Have a better day Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Sigh of relief is right.
That certainly is an unimaginative diet but I sure hope it brings you relief.
I know yesterday brought me relief. I found I was actually hungry for the first time in--let's say years. Except for Covid, life is hopeful again and am counting on Joe to help put a stop to that also. At least he cares and thinks it would be a good idea to stop people from dying. Something Trump cared zero about.
Be well soon lady.
I am glad you're able to have some food, but I'm so sorry that you're dealing with all of this. It really is horrendous.
As for that piece of crap trump, glad he's gone. Gonna take time for his cult to realize how they were duped, but I am pretty sure a lot of them will eventually figure it out.
I'm very glad to have an actual president in office now. Biden was not my first choice and I was not a fan. I have changed my mind over the last few months, and can say I'm very pleased that he is there now.
I wish he'd been able to do the job earlier, as I'm afraid his advanced age may make him a one term president, and I don't think there are enough enlightened voters to elect a woman.
Ami, not my first choice either but I am okay with it. Better than the alternative!!
That diet doesn't sound too fun.
Yeah for a non Trump president. Didn't really care who won as long as he was OUT! Can't wait to change is picture on the wall at work.
Post a Comment