Our white privilege has allowed us to be oblivious to the true magnitude of oppression in our black communities. Silence to this point is also a product of white privilege. Please realize that our white privilege is really just ignorance.
It is time to listen, learn, and take action!
I stand and fought for the LGBTQ community for equal rights and I stand and fought for women for equal rights and I will stand with the black community for the same kindness, empathy, compassion and help.
We all needed to band together for Gay Rights even if we weren't gay. We didn't need to be gay to understand what was happening was very wrong.
We all banded together for women's rights even if we weren't all women in the fight. You didn't have to be female to see how wrong the treatment of women was. (I remember when my mom could finally get a credit card with her name on it!)
We all need to do the same for the black community. Enough killing of the innocent. Enough of being arrested for being black.
Things change when WE ARE ALL WORKING TOGETHER FOR THE GREATER GOOD. All races, sexes and creeds.
I understand that I will never understand but I will stand with this community and fight. We All Need To Not Be Silent.
To my fellow boomers - pretend this is Kent State, pretend this is 1968 and we fought side by side and protested the senseless killing of a non-violent man named Martin Luther King.
As Nike says, "JUST DO IT!" Do your part. Do what you can but DO SOMETHING.
For the LOVE of all things good, VOTE THIS RACIST ARROGANT BULLY OUT OF OFFICE!!!!!.
8 comments:
In total agree with you, Peg. Now if we could only get a president who is on board with the whole Black Lives Matter Movement.
VOTE THIS RACIST ARROGANT BULLY OUT OF OFFICE!!!!!. I totally agree and if I was an American, I'm a Canadian. I would vote Baby Trump out,out, out. See ya Peg.
Cruisin Paul
While I hate the violence and looting, I'm glad to see so many protesting the rampant racism. I can't believe we still need to voice our opposition, but our "leaders" need to know we're not docile conformists.
Being silent right now is being complicit. He have to be better as a nation.
Silence is being complicit. I really feel there is a grotesque Agenda as to Why so many are trying to hijack The Message tho'... factions exist that would like nothing more than to destroy America and dominate the populace. This is so much more than one Issue alone to Fight against and be proactive about.
We have been close to this many times in the past and let the moment slide by with little change. Oh how I hope this time is different. For sure--LET US VOTE and also nag our representatives.
One comment I will make since Bohemian brought it up. There is proof that a lot of the one inciting on twitter and social media are from other countries. I find that interesting. Just thought I'd put that out there.
I'm with you 100%.
Post a Comment