It's Friday. Does it feel different than Tuesday?
This is what Mike talks about in retirement. I get it now.
2020 has been a terrible year thus far.
Will we make it to 2021?
I am burying myself in fluff. Trying to stay out of the mud and not live in the negativity. It becomes so heavy for this Pisces.
I watched a really simple movie on Netflix. It was called LoveBirds.
It was cute, easy to figure out each and every next step but it was like watching a sitcom. Predictable but it relaxed me and I was able to let go of the days crap show swirling around us all.
It was not a deep show by any means!
Then I cleaned my laundry room.
Yeah, I know who the hell does that? I went upstairs to take the clothes out of the dryer and then I saw that the top of the dryer was dusty.
So that started it all.
Then I cleaned the floor. I wiped down both the washer and dryer and thought, dear lord this is my life now. I hate housework but would rather do it than deal with the world I live in. What a turn of events.
My stepmom and my niece are coming down on the 21st. Mom has been tested because she had to have tests on her heart and lungs so they did the covid-19 test the week prior to her tests. My niece lives with my mom until next year and she has been very careful so she doesn't bring anything home to mom. So I feel okay with them coming. And you know what that means. I really have to clean.
Once when my mom visited years ago she came down the steps and when you come down our steps you can see the kitchen. She could see the top of my fridge and said, "You can tell Peg is short the top of the fridge is dusty & needs wiped down"
Rick was at the kitchen sink when she said this, he turned around and said, "catch (as he threw her the dishcloth) you might as well clean it then" or something along those lines.
And my mom caught it and cleaned it.
We joke about this with her all the time.
But she says things like, "Peg you are closer to the ground, the baseboards should be easy for you"
Meaning they need dusted Peg, get to it.
Over the years she has lightened up. I choose to ignore her when she is like that because letting it get to me is not worth it. If only I had learned that when I was a teenager or in my 20s.
I now tease her and repeat her remarks and it makes her laugh.
But don't think for a minute that it doesn't bring me a bit of stress to have the house clean.
She can't do all the steps in our home. We will not make her go to the third floor for the guest bedrooms.
We will give up our master so she only has one flight of steps.
She can do one flight, ever so slowly and carefully.
I am sure our bed and bedding will cause her to give me some input that I never would ask for but I have 2 weeks to toughen up and be ready for it.
She will complain about how cold it is in our home.
She keeps the thermostat at 80 or above in summer.
I've told you how Rick would wear shorts and a Hawaiian shirt to their home at Xmas because the thermostat was higher than 82 in winter.
120 inches of snow and 25 degrees outside but it felt better outside than in that sauna of a house.
The babies would take off their clothes and run around in a diaper and she would say, "why are the girls taking off their clothes?' to their mother. My sister would say, "THEY ARE MELTING MOTHER."
Rick would die at 80 degrees in our home. So today when it's 92 degrees out & the humidity is thick she would still have the house at 80 or above. We keep the air on 71/72. Rick will raise it for her but he will not make it 80. She will complain and I will give her sweaters. While she is only 14 years older than me she is actually more like 30 years older than me mentally and physically.
She was born an old person.
She has been my mom for 50 years now and she has been the same old person from when I met her and she was only 28. She admits to this as well. She says she was never a kid in the way the rest of us were.
I guess some are just born old souls. She has been a great stepmom I couldn't ask for better but like any mom she can really get to me. I told her one day that I love you and you can push my buttons like only a mom could do. She laughs when I tell her this.
I mentioned the other day that I deactivated FaceBook.
I can still use messenger but I will walk away from that too.
I will be deleting it but it's a process I will share below.
I want to know what Mango Mussolini has on Zuckerberg.
I know of two "secret" meetings they have had. Not so secret when the local guys film him from afar meeting with the douchebag in the WH.
I have asked friends if that was on the national news and they say they never saw it. He has met with the bully in the WH 2 times that I have seen on local news. Each time caught by a reporter and Zuckerberg refuses to say why they are meeting. Why wouldn't you just say something light like, "to discuss how social media can prevent tampering from other countries" but instead his eyes go back and forth and he looks scared. The 2nd time it was caught on a cell phone of him entering the WH grounds. When asked about the meetings he refused to discuss.
Get in bed with a bully and you may regret this.
I can't go on FB anymore. Something feels wrong and dirty to me.
I know most are addicted and can't give it up.
Oh, other reasons will be used but it's an addiction.
I get it, I really do get the addiction. I have lots of them.
I wish they would all move to Instagram to see their grandkids or whatever the reason there is to be on it. But I also understand why they don't.
I didn't get onto FB for years when everyone else was.
And while I enjoyed it I found it full of false information and so fake.
I've been suspicious of Zuckerberg for some time now.
I just needed to walk away.
It's my quirk and I don't expect others to follow.
If any of you watched Social Media the movie we all know what a dick this guy is. He stole FB from his college friends. He screwed them big time.
I just know for myself I need to not use it for my own values and morals.
I don't care if everyone else does use it. I'd prefer they didn't but I can't control anyone but myself. I know Rick is addicted.
I just don't need it when I have other platforms that will not allow the bully to lie and bully on their platforms. I'm done with Zuckerberg.
It's my own non-violent protest I suppose and that is okay with me.
I've always done things my way and this is no different really.
I am used to being the odd "man" out.
Everyone has to do what is good for them. This is what is good for me.
I heard his employees have begun to speak up and revolt. Some even quit over what he has been doing. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Remember Zuckerberg knew the Russians were doing what they did during the past election with facebook and the lies that were posted and he let it slide. This is not a guy I want to have my money or for me to help get more money.
I am awaiting all my info from FB to be sent to me.
To delete your account and if you wish for all your photos etc then you can do that. It explains it all here.
I will await my download to be received via email then I will delete myself from Facebook. It feels so scary but I have to do what I have to do. The fact that it feels scary is so stupid but it's there. But why? It's an addiction is my theory but who the hell knows. I just know for me right now in our world it is not a positive in most ways. Instagram is more my jam if I feel the need for social media. I dig what Instagram has done to piss off the bully and I have to reward that behavior. (same with twitter)
I leave you with what is happening where I live in case you have only seen negatives that the media dwells on. We have had a lot of social protests like this in DC and DC's VA suburbs. Peaceful and positive.
And this song is right, we all need someone to lean on.
Perhaps a leader? Can we get one?
16 comments:
I laughed at your stepmom's comments on your height factoring in your cleaning abilities :D. I've known a few old souls and prefer them to the forever-childish.
Congrats on getting rid of facebook. I've still got my account but rarely post anything, and my feed is a waste of time. And yes, there are many peaceful protests and good cops. You'd never know it from mainstream media.
I make a lot of money by using FB so I won't be going anywhere soon. I keep just trying to ignore the news. Ignorance is bliss sometimes? IDK lol.
My mom always found things to clean when she came to visit and I didn't mind in the least. She came often enough that I saved jobs for her to find...under the sink, no problem for mom, pantry. If it was out of sight chances are it needed organizing at my house.
Abby everyone can laugh at her comments unless it's one of her daughters. :-) taken me years to get there.
Jean, sadly she doesn't' clean things for me, she just complains about my cleaning. :-) Lucky you!
FB owns IG.
Grace, then why are the censoring the thug and fb doesn't?
This is a twist but I used to clean my mother's house whenever I went there. Even as a teenager I would be in the kitchen scrubbing while my mother was playing cards with her friends in the dining room. Her friends would say, "where did you get her?" Once when I was working for a neighbor helping her clea, she saw me dusting the door frames and said, "Your mother trained you well." My mother probably never dusted a door frame in her life but I let her have the credit. Life is strange, is it not.
Olga, do you enjoy cleaning? I never have but I like a clean house, Therefore I do it. When my mom was sick with breast cancer she taught me to clean. After she died I felt like Cinderella always cleaning while my sister went out to play. So it's not a happy thing for me.
"...the top of the fridge is dusty & needs to be wiped down..."
If you wipe the dust it just comes back. Fool me once...
But I just found you on FB! I have fun with the tRUMPies on FB. I have T, IG, and P only to be able to look at things without their popups reminding me I'm not logged in. I don't go to those three much at all. FB wastes enough of my time.
As I've expanded my blogging realm recently I've been finding people that have been on blogger as long if not longer than me. This might keep me around here a little longer. Every once in awhile I think 'THAT IT! I'M DONE!'. But the next day I'm fine.
Hey, how about I get all the dust off the top on my refrigerator and send it to you for a surprise gift for your mom?! You could put it in a pile right in the middle of the top of it.
Ah but Mikey you have me here. :-) Sure send the dust, I'll put it in the bedroom she will be in and it will give her something to do. I doni't know how you can play with those asshats. You can't match wits with those unarmed Mike.
I do not know the answer to your question. I didn't know the dump was on IG, but then I never looked. I only follow people I know, a celebrity or two (Raul Malo, John Cleese, Stephen Fry and like that) and a few kitty posters. I was active on IG for a few weeks and now I'm not. My FB page is in another name and I have 6 friends, I think my real name FB is deactivated, but I unfriended all of the people on there and haven't posted in months and nobody seems to have missed me!
I'm short too. God only knows what the top of my refrigerator looks like.
I have a fake FB account just to see what my great's are doing. I was surprised when my sister--a trumper- told me the other day that she got it from a reliable source on FB that the pandemic was really Fake News. She knew of not one person who had been sick. I told her I knew of two and they were my neighbors and that there are over 60,000 families hurting. Made me realize the danger of FB.
Oh Patti, if their leader took an unregulated drug for prevention then is it fake. I know a dozen people who've had. Only know 1 who died. He was only 34. Yep, polio was fake too.😀
I've been reading your blog for some time, but I think this is my first time to comment. I love your sense of humor and all of your stories. You made me laugh out loud over the tree falling story, and the squirrel, and your mother, etc. Every time, you post, I despair over a perceived longish post that I will have to carefully read every word and not skim. It's just too interesting to gloss over. Thanks for writing in such a way that makes me pause, take a breath, and enjoy for just a little while.
I have a closed FB Page and only keep in touch with Relatives and Friends on there, I could care less what others on the site might say or in any other Social Media platform they have their narrative on. If they are irrelevant to me then whatever they have to say doesn't matter either. I especially could care less what nonsense and lies Twitler is spewing and feel only his Cult Base are Mindless or gullible enough to Believe any of it anyway. I mostly spend time here in the Delightful Blog Community which is much more Social in Positive ways. If there are vile Blogs I never visit them, let them attract their own kind.
BethH from Indiana, that is the damn nicest thing anyone has said to me!!!!!. So when my book is finished you can be my proof reader. :-)
Post a Comment