It's Friday and I am glad this week is over. Hell, who am I kidding I feel this way every damn week.
I just got off the phone with another nut job. Look, Mercury is in Retrograde. That means all types of technology and communication will be off/bad.
But this is just full moon shit. Nuttier than the next.
The man just asked me if we would fix his toilet because it keeps overflowing.
I told him he had to call a licensed plumber. He then said in a whiney sing-songy voice and I quote, 'Aaaah, but they are sooo expensive.'
As he gets in his Mercedes parked in his 1.5 million dollar driveway.
I wanted to say, "well so are we" but I refrained. 😛
Yesterday morning I had a woman call and just began by yelling.
"When will your man show up? (my man?) I didn't think there were windows of time. You told me 8am. It's after 9" And she just went on.
OOh, boy was she on fire. Now what you need to know is after an appointment is confirmed an email is sent with the confirmation of the appt date/time. It also has a document attached going over what they need to do prior to arrival. It also mentioned the wearing of masks or we can't enter etc.
When she was done yelling at me I said, "Anna, I sent you an email confirming Friday, June 26th at 8am. Remember you told me you preferred a Friday because you had other contractors coming and Friday worked better for you?"
All she said in return was a snarky "just fine" and hung up.
Rick arrived this morning and she has a leak coming from her ceiling and a big hole in it. They can't find the leak. Rick said it was dry, he went up there to help her. Her plumber never came back and isn't returning calls. She also had a painter spill paint on her hardwood floor in the dining room and he didn't clean it up and the most important tidbit is her house goes on the market tomorrow.
Rick called me to tell me that she asked him to apologize to me for being so rude yesterday. She was having a bad day. The plumber didn't come back, the painter spilled the paint and she was thinking we were to be there and we were no shows like the plumber. She actually told Rick, Peggy was right I did ask for Friday and she confirmed it verbally before she hung up and she sent me an email. So please tell her I was so wrong, she was right.
Bloggers, are you sitting down for that? Rick called me to share this when he went out to his truck to mix chemicals. First apology in 14 years. He knew I'd appreciate hearing that and I did. He then asked, "was she as awful as she made herself out to be?" I said yes. He laughed and then said, "well at least she apologized we all have bad days." Yep.
When do I get to take it out on someone though? Well, other than Rick.
Yesterday at my lunch I saw something on TV that I recorded for Rick to see. Rick and I had just talked about these 2 shows we watched religiously as a kid.
So I hit the ole DVR to share with him.
Neither of us knew these shows were still shown anywhere.
When Rick got home he saw them and he laughed.
It was Concentration and Password.
Concentration was not the original in Black and White, this one was in color and from the clothes I'd say the early 80s. Alex Trebek was the host. I used to watch the black and white version with my grandmother as a kid. My horrible Grandmother who always smelled of mentholatum ointment and always gave us pastina with butter for lunch while watching Concentration.
Rick and I were talking one evening about the game Password because when we play games like this we can't be partners.
We were reminiscing about how mad everyone gets at us when we are partners. We will always win and it's not fair and more importantly, we don't enjoy people getting pissed at us. My sister got so mad at us she got up and walked out of the room. She insisted we were cheating. We weren't.
We just can look at each other and figure out what the other is trying to say. I don't know how it happens but it does. When we click, we really click. Too bad there is no money in that!
The Password Show was from 1961. Betty White was a celebrity guest as was someone I never heard of that was a Broadway Star. I was only 5 years old in '61 so he may have been a big deal.
Betty wasn't even married to the host Allen Ludden yet.
We watched the show and I do the same as I do with Jeopardy - yelling clues out loud but this time Betty would say the exact clues I just yelled.
It was wild! Rick looked at me and said, "why can't you do this with lottery numbers or something of value to us?" From your mouth to God's ears.
Yes, folks Rick and I do discuss such useless information, don't we?
We were discussing how the 60s/70s and the Vietnam war made such great music. Protests songs, yes, but great songs. I saw a comment on the video below where a person wrote 'the only war with its own soundtrack.' Absolutely. Not only do 'artists' today not play their own instruments most can't even sing without autotune. And protest? Can you see Beiber protesting anything except that his car was towed or something frivolous? (like wearing a mask)
I'm having a fun Friday night date on the deck/patio tonight.
Our last evening of nice weather. Is it 5 yet? Happy hour will commence on the patio if you want to social distance and join us.
Have a great weekend everyone and wear a damn mask for heaven's sake when you are out and about! It shows off your beautiful eyes!
12 comments:
Peg, could you please send me the recipe for the Fish Tacos. I would love to try them because we have had talpia & halibut. Could you still use cod fish?
Have a fun Friday night date on the deck or patio tonight my friends. Enjoy
Cruisin Paul
I wish I could come! I was saying we'd probably have some great music coming out of the pandemic since everyone is stuck at home. Still waiting lol
Scott is the trivia master so we usually tell people we shouldn't play trivia games lol. The last party we went to had a word scramble thing which we both play scrabble on our phones all the time so yeah, we won lol.
An apology for when we have a bad day is always welcome but seldom offered. I'm glad you got one.
Paul, my email is mhugill@verizon.net - send me yours and I'll send you the recipe.
Jean, it is nice. It makes me think she wasn't a mean lady, just having a very bad day. We all have them.
'the only war with its own soundtrack.'
That's really true. I laughed when I read that. I knew what the song was before I hit play. It's playing right now. And I didn't realize you can 'loop' on blogger. It's on it third time now.
How great that you got a sincere apology. That woman really was having a rough day but it was special of her to let you know she was sorry.
Loved the visit with CCR. Hadn't thought about it but that war really did have its own soundtrack.
Fortunate Son is my favorite CCR song and one of the angriest songs I know. Just the way he spits out the words shows you he means it.
Hope happy hour is going well. And I was sitting down for the apology. But to be honest I am always sitting down when I blog. What a letdown, huh? I love me some original CCR but I also love another CCR. Cross Canadian Ragweed. An alt-country band that I discovered out of college. Enjoy your weekend.
People when they turn into Customers are often Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde Types. I'm glad you got the apology. I watch the Cable TV Channel that has all of the Old Game Shows on it too, so Nostalgic. One of my Favs of the 80's was Supermarket Sweep, I don't even know why, but The Man and I watched that one Religiously when it was a current Show and our Oldest Daughter, who was already an Adult, thought it hysterical that we didn't miss it. I also liked The Price Is Right with Monty Hall.
Ooops, I meant Lets Make A Deal with Monty Hall was a Fav... tho' The Price Is Right was good too. *LOL*
OMG - clearly you and I would have been besties if we lived closer(though you do live close to my brother, so there's till hope-lol) There is literally no one in the world who would even admit to watching Concentration and Password back in the day, let alone watching it to today. Ironically last week, I watched 2 episodes of Concentration and loved the show and the memories. I hate that he is suffering from cancer, but glad that he's been able to relax at home some since the Covid-19. He would not have taken a day off had that not happened. Password and Super Password - yes and more yes! I wish they would bring some of the thinking shows back for those of us who aren't willing to jump across 3 giant balls, with a 99.9% chance of falling into cold water to get across.(lol) I'm glad you received an apology. In the customer service world, that doesn't happen very often. Sending some air hugs, RO
Congrats on the apology! It's good that she felt bad enough about her behavior. I wonder about people sometimes.
Post a Comment