Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Head Scratcher

Rick and I knew we needed a new website. 
Let me tell you, it is very expensive and to me not a fun project to oversee. The one who did our original site was not great at support and when we had an issue there was a time difference to deal with which was not optimal and she just wasn't someone who followed up right away. 
I recall one time sending an email in the morning. I felt this situation was urgent. Then in the late afternoon my time, I called her. I left her a voicemail. I did this for days. I blasted her with emails and voicemails to no avail.

It took 2 weeks to get her to respond. 
I don't deal well with unresponsive so-called professionals. 
It really fries my ass, to say the least.

We had a Russian site that stole all our work photos and put it on their website. They took our text and put it in Russian on their site.
It was a long time ago and I don't recall right now how we came to find this.  But I do recall I was the one that found it and went to Rick.

Needless to say we had to have our pictures not be copy-able as well as all the text. She felt it was urgent and did it right away. She also did something in the way of a sort of cease and desist and the site went down. That to me was a relief. But Russian? 
At that time it was a head-scratcher.

Now on our new website, there is a short story on how we got to be the restoration experts for the White House. For some reason, there is a comment section there that I need to get removed today. But in the meantime, all I am getting are things in Russian. I know, I know, The White House and Russians.
Not a big stretch of your imagination now is it? 
I find it interesting that it is the only story they are responding to. 
The other story of us has not been tampered with or commented on in any way. So the Russians love our White House Story. Hmm.....

Should I tell them it was during President Barack Obama's 2 terms?
Could perhaps that tidbit of info make them back off? 😁

9 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Email Trump. He might help you with the problem because Trump love the Russians. Isn't it a pain in the ass to have to deal with these problems. I guess Putin loves you, not. My American friends are in a lot of trouble with Trump. See ya Peg.

Cruisin Paul
Canada

Linda dev said...

Damn Russians 🤣

I’ve never hired a website professional that worked in a timely manner. Not sure why that is but so frustrating.

By the way, you my friend can take up absolutely as much space as you want on my blog. Consider this an permanent invite.

Olga said...

Sounds kind of fishy to me but I am sure Putin will assure Trump that he has no involvement and that all is well.

Arkansas Patti said...

Good grief. Pretty sure your White House mention put you on the Russian worthy radar. Good luck.

Susan Kane said...

Dang it, girl! How and when this happened, you can be sure you are not the only one.Talk with some pro who can take this to the correct site.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

The Russians glean any little bit of information they can from any where they can.

Having a website is must be a necessary evil when you're in business.

Mike said...

Go ask Moscow Mitch what his buddies are doing spying on you.

Barbara said...

It is frightening what can be done over the internet. I don't know how it can be stopped. Interesting, but not surprising, that is was Russian.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Have you thought about contacting a college where they teach this sort of thing? Maybe one of the talented students could help you get it going. I know they are very expensive! And our website manager is about as accessible as yours....
As far as the Russian connection, it could just as well have been China. Sheesh.