Monday, February 10, 2020

Monday Loose Items

Friday was so much fun and so exhausting.
Betsy had to work during the day on Saturday and Sunday which was a shame.
But we all made the best of it and got in as much time as we could.
Damn good time had by all.

Besty had breast cancer this past year. She had stage 1. But they got it all so they told her. But she still has to do a lot of meds and therapies and hope in 5 yrs she is still clean. I sent her a card when my mom called to tell me she was diagnosed. 
The inside of the card was empty so I wrote something inside but in all honesty, the outside said all I wanted to say when I heard she had gotten cancer.
When she got this card she called me. She loved that it was funny and not all maudlin as she claims everything people sent was. So Friday night she tells me she still has the card on her fridge because it makes her smile every time she walks by it.

I bought 8 of those cards. I knew there would be times to use them.
I've used them for divorce, cancer, almost anything when a friend is going through something it will apply. Of course, this is not a card for old people or anyone who doesn't swear, etc. I know my audience so I send them accordingly. 
Everyone calls me howling with laughter to say it brightened their day or made them laugh. All want to know where I buy them so they can get some.
But of course, sending this to my stepmom who is 77 she would not find the humor and it wouldn't be appreciated. She is a very old 77.  She was a very old 27 when she married my dad. I don't think she was ever a teenager as we know teenagers and I've said that to her. The poor thing never really got to be young, some from her own doing and some from parental influence.
___________________________
Izzy was out of sorts all day yesterday. Her last walk was last evening at 11pm.
We all climb the stairs to bed. Rick is out like a light instantly. He is snoring and making noises that don't sound human. I am lying there thinking, "will I be able to sleep through this or just go to another room?"
As this thought went through my mind he made a noise so loud it startled Izzy and she walked out of the room. I soon followed. Now I am wide awake.
So I go downstairs with her instead of one of the guest rooms.

Izzy curls up in her bed and I watch some TV. She wakes me at 2am because she has to go to the bathroom. FOR REAL? I ask her as if she can answer.
We go outside and thankfully only walk a few blocks and she poops. 
She goes 3x a day. This was now her 4th. Geez, lucky me being downstairs.

We walk back home and she jumps on the sofa where her blanket lies.
She immediately goes to sleep. You'd think I could. But after walking in the cold and wind I am awake.
I recline in Rick's ugly chair and the last time I looked at the clock it was 3:04a.
Izzy wakes me at 4:15a. WHAT? You have to go out again? What the hell did we feed you? This walk was farther and of course longer. I am so tired.
We get back in the house and I realize it's 4:45 so I might as well stay up because I have to be up at 5:30 anyway. 

It's going to be a long day!

14 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Oh you poor sleepy one. Rick sleeps, Izzy poops and you keep awake. When do you get the chance to rest Peg? Next time wake Rick up and have him take Izzy out for her poop time so that you can get some sleep. Your health is important so get some sleep my friend. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, he's been sick so I didn't do that this time. I have been known to do that other times. I think I may go to bed after work today I am dragging right now! More coffee STAT!

Annsterw said...

Oh my yes! It is going to be a long day for you! Those are the worst when you try to run on NO sleep! Hope tonight goes better for you. My Mom got earplugs after years of listening to my Dad's APAP machine and she can not understand why she did not do it years ago! She said they are a game changer!!! LOL!

Mike said...

"I realize it's 4:45 so I might as well stay up because I have to be up at 5:30 anyway." Nope nope nope. Set the alarm for 4:50 and start hitting the snooze until 5:45.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ann, for a person who has difficulty hearing I found it funny that those did not work for me. I have tried.


Mike, oh no, no, no. But funny.

Julie H said...

My dogs go all day when I go to work but if I'm home Rusty has to crap every couple hours. Like is he really dying all day holding it in until I get home?

Ami said...

Getting up early is my least favorite thing about life in general.

But I work a split shift. This means that most days, I am able to get a really good nap in between shifts. Something I'm very grateful for!!

hope you rest tonight.:)

Olga said...

I hate those kind of nights and the day that follows.
Hey, I'm old but I would crack up over that card.

Arkansas Patti said...

Love humor cards when times are not so smooth. That card is priceless and they don't get much older than me.
Do you suppose all this time Izzy has had 4 poops in her all along but only got to get rid of 3 each day? Naw, she was just taking advantage of an awake human. Sorry bout that.
Hope you have managed to catch up on your lost sleep.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, the difference is not old in chronological age but in your mind. There is a big difference. you my dear are no older than me :-) And I'm immature....tee hee
I have been awake this whole time. It is getting quiet in the office and normally when that happens I file and get some of the papers off my desk. But today I think I may lay my head down on my desk. Good ole Izzy is sleeping. I think I'll be in bed before 8p.

Susan Kane said...

When it comes to something so serious, sending humor is the best way to go.

Since my husband uses CPAP, I manage to sleep to a degree. Have always had sleeping problems.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

The idea of getting up in the middle of the night to walk the dog does not sound like a good time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Susan, I hear so many of you who have partners with Cpap machines. Rick snores by what he eats. If he eats bread or heavy carbs he snores terribly. Not veggies but bread, rice, potatoes, pizza etc. Weird right? I know why, he knows why but does he do what they tell him? Of course not. He had a sleep study done to be sure. Susan it does wear on your to sleep to a degree - I do it all the damn time. I now understand why couples sleep in seperate rooms. They probably sleep far better.

Barbara said...

Sounds like when I shared my 2x fiber bread with Buddy. Definitely won't do that again. Something must not have set well with her. HOpe it doesn't happen again.