It's official no cancer found. Yipee.
So if they had listened to me they would have known that.
Could have saved me a boatload of money. Where the money will come for all this is just beyond me. A lot of things aren't covered. It all sucks.
To be sick and then worry about paying for it isn't the added stress one needs.
But hey, we live in America where only the rich can afford to be sick.
Lymph nodes, breast, lungs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, and the list goes on. All clear.
With the exception of my brain, everything has been seen.
I am bruised from all the IV's and blood draws. My arms look like they have been in a bad accident with paint colors of blue, green, purple and red.
I saw the rheumatologist on Thursday. Which the ocular oncologist doctor told me on my first visit with him to see after all my test proved negative. I made the appointment before the last round of tests because I felt strongly I didn't have cancer and I wanted to see her right away.
My eye isn't getting better and only getting worse.
She has heard of this thing in my eye. Between her beautiful accent and the long name, I can't pronounce it. I asked twice. My God did I drive this nice doctor nuts with all my questions. At one point she told me that she loves when a patient is this involved. Involved? It's my life, my eyesight, why wouldn't I ask for clarification and questions?
She too wanted more blood.
I wanted to scream. For the love of God please leave me some!"
I mentioned to my rheumatologist that after the CT Scan with contrast I actually felt so much better. Even the pressure on my eyes was gone. The 2nd day as the day progressed I was losing that feeling. Rick felt it was the 32mg of steroids I had to take. (those 16 pills remember?)
She too felt it was the same thing.
I have a feeling I will be on some sort of steroid to combat all this inflammation.
She kept telling me that this can leave me blind and if I am being honest, I'd prefer cancer than blindness.
I am certain most folks thinks that is crazy. But it's how I feel. I can fight cancer. I can't fight blindness.
Hopefully, we can get this figured out and quickly!
I see her again Thursday the 1st. Hopefully with a plan of attack.
In the meantime, I am planning on planting some flowers since we may have a few hours of no rain. My goodness, it's raining here like the Pacific Northwest only harder.
I plan on making frozen gin and tonics that I saw Clinton Kelly make on The Chew and I plan on eating some type of food that can be put on the grill and just be scrumptious.
Have a wonderful holiday!
13 comments:
Thanks for the update. I don't know what else to say except it sounds like you are on the right track to getting at the bottom of all this. Enjoy your weekend!
Are you sure Putin didn't try to poison you? Did they test for that?
Yay! I'm very glad you don't have cancer and whatever it is I hope they will fix it soon, big hugs!
Good news!!
Did I tell you my dad woke up at the first of the year with no hearing! Crazy!
Wow April that's crazy. Did it return? Aging sucks!
Are they still planning to look at your brain? This neighbor girl had pressure on her eye and headaches and just found out she has a brain tumor. I don't think she even knows what kind yet, she's still waiting to get into UCSF.
Medicine has come very far. Hopefully if steroids IS the answer (and you still don't know that it is)...they can control the dosage to avoid as many negative side effects as possible. :)
This is the best news. Hopefully your doctor will have a plan for your vision problems. Funny how you felt so strongly that you didn't have cancer.
bellarum, my hubby asked me the other day if I really felt that way or was I putting on what he calls my "Peggy face" I told him I just felt this was not cancer but something else and I felt strongly about it. But because they threw it out there it was always in the back of my mind. I hate the side effects of steroids but I just don't wish to lose my eyesight. Hell, my hearing is already bad.😁
Julie, no looking at my brain.
Okay, I'm not a doctor. Not even close. But if they've ruled everything else out, and the big thing is in your head and affecting your vision, WHY aren't they looking at your brain? I don't get it.
(And I'm super happy to hear that they ruled out cancer, that would have just scared the crap out of me)
Ami, because its in my eye. no headaches just a mass in my right eye.
It will be addressed again on the 2nd.
I'll let you all know if it changes. Bottom line, I believe this is exactly what I have been dealing with in one form or another. Believe me when I tell you Celiac is not only about gluten.
Cancer Free is great news. I understand what you mean about the blindness. I have to be worried because of the diabetes. I guess we'll just do the best we can until we are forced to deal with it.
Post a Comment