Saturday, May 6, 2017

Positive Thoughts

Thank you all for your positive feedback. Means the world to me.

I am calmer now. My personal doctor called me last evening.
The ocular oncologist was not in on Friday. She told me she called because she wanted to discuss this with him.

She told me some info just to put me at ease. I just had bloodwork and my CDC? oh geez, I can't remember if that was it. Anyway, this particular test would have shown cancer. Also, my white cell count and the list goes on for all the blood work I had done as well as my mammogram done last year that was all fine.
I also had a scan of my abdomen just a few months ago as well and all was clear.
She was being so kind, she said, "Listen Peg, I know this is a lot to hear in 24 hrs. Your head must be spinning. I just want you to put your mind at ease and see the big picture. And in the worse case scenario if you do have this cancer it couldn't be that long because of your other tests of blood work just 6 weeks ago. So if it is there, it's being caught quickly.

Now, do I know if that is true? I don't. But I appreciated her telling me this.
So now I am of the mindset that until they prove it I have nothing but a huge mass in my eye. 

Over 30+ years I have been dealing with inflammation in my body. That also reared its head in my blood work. We can't seem to regulate this and when I say to you I have been to countless doctors for this that is no exaggeration. I asked Dr. Kate if this could just be that. She said that is the issue she wants to discuss with him. I asked if it was normal to see other diseases in your eye. She said, "ABSOLUTELY," She told me something as simple as a white ring around your eye will prove high cholesterol. There are so many diseases you can see in your eye that is why you should have your eyes checked regularly. 

After speaking with her I did feel better. She has that effect on me I admit.
So until they prove that I have the Big C I am in denial. I was in denial about Celiac too for a long time and we all know how that worked out....tee hee

But Rick is a hot mess and it's so cute that he thinks he hides it well. 
He's made dinner two nights in a row now. 
I may need to milk this ladies. When we find nothing is wrong I'll be back to kitchen duty. 

9 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I love that your doctor called you to claim your nerves. I like to think that my doctor would do the same, but you never know until you get there.

Still sending you healing thoughts from Michigan..... Keep the faith that all will end well.

alessandra said...

Aww, I'm so praying that it's like you're saying, actually I'm convinced it is. A big hug!

Mike said...

I'm going to tell Rick what's going on. But I'll need his cell phone number from you, OK?

Ami said...

Wonderful doctor. So hard to find one who cares that much.
I'm sending my good wishes your way, too.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Ami is right.....finding a Dr that is compassionate and caring, and putting you at more ease is rare these days. I do hope all is well. When you need to vent, you know we are all here, you're "digital" family.

Julie H said...

What a fantastic doctor. Praying that she's right!

April said...

That is a great doctor to ease your mind!!!

I liked "it's a crazy world's" definition of us "digital family".

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Great doc, and she makes perfect sense. And isn't it great to be married to the right guy when the poop hits the fan. Can't buy that with gold.

Barbara said...

So glad to hear this. Because of my diabetes I have to have my eyes checked regularly. So far no problem from the diabetes but I do have cataracts in both eyes and the left especially needs fixing. I need to do it asap but keep putting it off. No guts I admit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping for an all clear report.