This one was just too bizarre not to share.
I spoke to this woman who will call Mary.
She was nutso on the phone. All over the place, not making sense and rambling. But what else is new.
She sent a photo of what her tenant had done to the bathtub and she asked, "What could it possibly be?"
I asked, "didn't you ask? "
"Oh no, I can't ask him."
Alrighty, that is odd being that you are the landlord but I went with it.
I told her it looked like Bondo.
She asked what Bondo was. I explained.
I also mentioned this was car Bondo not to be used on your bathtub.
She said what would he use it for?
Again, why is she asking me why not her tenant?
I said, perhaps there was a rust hole, or some damage occurred and he is trying to repair it.
She asked if we could come out and give her an estimate to repair.
Of course.
She said, "when your 'man' gets here I don't want him to talk inside the house. We will discuss outside. Be sure you tell him that ....do you have that? Be sure you tell him this." I confirm it is on the work order and I also will tell him this.
Rick went there this morning.
He came back to the office a bit ago and shared with me the full episode as he is referring to it.
She arrived at the home at the same time as Rick.
She RAN up to him and grabbed his arms.
She whispered, "have you been told that we are not to speak inside? I don't even feel comfortable talking out here. I know he has listening devices and possible cameras everywhere."
Rick said nothing except, "Yes I've been told and I understand."
They both went inside and checked out both bathrooms that were her concern.
Rick forgetting he is not to speak while in the room with the tub with the Bondo, "This is car Bondo...."
Before he could finish she put her finger to her lips and said Shh...... and looked around nervously.
The guy has Bondo on this tub he knows it, he knows you are entering his home today, why can't it be said? The rest of the examination of the 2 bathrooms tubs and tile were done in silence.
As they walked back outside Rick began to talk. She again shushed him.
She got in her car and Rick wondered what the hell was she doing?
Then his phone rang and she whispered, "Get in your truck so we can talk."
He told me it was hard not to laugh. She was so paranoid. Listening devices outside in his driveway? Really? But he listened and she sat in her car and he sat in his van in this driveway and they talked.
She told Rick that there are cameras everywhere as well as listening devices.
Are you certain your phone is safe?
Rick just went with this and said:"Yes, absolutely."
Because if it weren't would he know if he was being spied on?
Rick told her what could and couldn't be done in each room.
Then she said, "what about your men? Who is coming to fix this?"
Rick said I don't know the schedule, it's either me, Gary or William (part timer)
She said, "do you do background checks? Do you know if they have ever been spies?" Rick said at this point he really wanted to laugh but stifled it.
He told her it was highly doubtful they had been spies and yes, he does background checks.
Then she asked, "did you see the home depot kit to put on the tub?"
Rick replied he did indeed because it was sitting in the tub next to the Bondo. She said, "what if he puts that on the tub?"
Rick told her to tell her tenant not to.
She said, "oh I can't tell him not to do that" HUH?
This conversation went in circles and Rick was getting pretty frustrated.
It's her home, she is the landlord, why is she afraid of this 20 something who bought a house and is moving out of hers at the end of the month? It will cost her more money if he does do this to have it removed and done professionally.
Rick explains all this to her and she says, "Oooh I can't tell him what to do you know."
She is so odd and so paranoid.
She has asked me to keep an appointment for her on the 1st of May.
That is the only day of that week that I have an opening.
I asked if she was going to commit to this date? She said I don't know yet.
I reminded her that I can't hold this for days. I am turning away others.
So she must tell me by tomorrow morning no later than 10 am.
She kept saying, "what if this man paints it?"
I again say, "you could tell him not to, but if he does I believe Rick discuss the difference in price."
I also explained that I need to know if he has or not so I know how much time needs to be allotted on the calendar for this job. There is a 2 hr difference if your tenant paints the tub.
Now one (who is normal) would think if your tenant is going to paint it and you have to pay $200 more that you would not allow it to be done.
But this woman thinks he is a spy and for some reason, she is afraid to speak with him. She told me she would discuss this with her husband and let me know tomorrow. I bet she won't know what she is going to do by then. She doesn't appear to be able to make decisions.
I think she needs a padded room.
10 comments:
Wow, you'd have to be a saint to take work from a woman like that. I hope you get part of your money up front.
I didn't realize she knew I was watching her! I'll get my cameras and microphones out tomorrow.
Oh, my. Poor soul.
You come to know the most amazing people, anyway how do you know he really isn't a spy? Now I need a padded room too ;)
Two choices, either she's mentally ill or the guy really is a spy. Either way, I hope she doesn't get some odd idea in her head that your husband or either of his guys are someone to be paranoid about.
I'd be tempted to refuse the job.
Wow.
Alessandra - perhaps he is a spy.Not a good spy if she knows it though. But she is still certifiable.
Ami- if we refused every person who was nuts we would be out of business.
Wonder how long it's been since she had her meds?
Brian - she has called me 5x now. she is certifiable. But then I just had another call from a person who asked if we came to their city and when I said it was outside of our service area, he told me to fuck off. Nice huh? The trump effect.
:-)
What's the end of the story. Did the tenant paid the tub? Did the lady call back? Did the Feds cart Rick and the boys off for talking in the bathroom?
Barbara, the tenant moved out and didn't do anything more than his patch. She has called back several times and then she cancels. She is certifiable. Thankfully the Feds are not carting anyone away however someone in a white jacket may cart her away. :-)
Post a Comment