Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I cry Uncle

I'm behind in reading and writing blogs.
Work is very busy and I'm thankful.
It's always feast or famine and I just wish it was just a nice easy pace.
I am now going 100mph but that is spring so we must hoard the nuts while we can.

I had another person write to me from ancestry.com. 
Oiy Vay. It continues. Now it is almost funny....for everyone around me that is. I am almost there - to the funny. Normally I always see the funny first but I find this annoying so I am slowly getting there. This crazy lady made me laugh so I'm on the right track I suppose.

Her name was Rosemary.
I ignored her. I ignored her again. I ignored her a 3rd, 4th and 5th time.
So I finally responded with my, nice to meet you but I don't know the answer to what you are asking me. I'm sorry I can't help. I only wished to learn my ethnic background and not for tracking distant family. yada yada yada. All polite but tried to make my point. As I have said I don't wish to hurt anyone's feelings, this is just not my thing.
She asked me how we were related. I looked at her info and I have no friggin' clue and frankly, don't care as you all know.

She writes back and tells me her cousin is related to my Aunt Gilda. Okay, that's nice but she is my aunt through marriage I explain. She says, "no, I don't think so"
Oh, you don't do ya? 

Gilda is married to my father's brother.
Then Rosemary's friggin' cousin writes to me and says his name, Donatucci, and tells me that Gilda (Iacobucci) is his cousin. 
He says, "I will call her to verify you."
WTF? You are bothering me and then you are going to call my Aunt in Washington state to verify me? I wanted to say get bent but I just said it was nice to meet you, do whatever you wish but I only had an interest in seeing my ethnicity and not in meeting people. Do what you need to do but please exclude me from your emails and contact with Aunt Gilda. Thank you.  (Besides I just spoke to my Aunt a few months ago when she was ill.) 

I am turning into a real shrew with this stuff. When this woman said No, I don't think that is how Gilda and you are related I about died. I think I would know how the hell she is related to me, then again maybe not. 
I am perhaps crazy. Perhaps there is a scandal to uncover.

Rosemary insisted that Gilda was a blood relative even though Gilda was married to my dad's brother.  I realize these crazy dagos like to spread their seed but now it's a bit sick and twisted. Rick just laughs and laughs. He thinks this is a hoot. When I told Rick that this woman said, "No I don't think so" when I told her how Gilda was my aunt. He about lost it. He was drinking some juice and he began to choke because he began to laugh. He has a page or two. I have 43 pages of people I am not finding this nearly as funny.  I think I may have to cancel my subscription so they can't contact me. It may be the only way.  Hey, I may find some incest, scandal or something else too. I think there would have been murmur's the way my family is though. Nothing is a secret and I would be very surprised to find one. 
Rick said last night, Hey maybe you had a kid you didn't know about. Now that's funny. 

Damn, they're persistent. You have got to give them that.  
We should get these people on the issues with ISIS and Russia since they are so hard headed about finding people - they may be just what America needs. 
Who needs spies, we can just send those on these 43 pages to dig up everything you need. Just tell 'em they are related and watch 'em go! 
They will badger them until they cry Uncle and surrender. 😀

6 comments:

Mike said...

I sure Ancestry has started a lot of 'What do you mean we're only half related' conversations.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

You can change your settings at Ancestry so you don't get an emails through them. You can also change your information to private so no one sees the results of your DNA. I was poking around on the site a few days ago and saw where those things are possible.

Mike said...

I'm

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, I'm sure they do!

Julie H said...

Jesus, I'm so over my in-laws I'd be about the same if another one came through on that side of the family.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, Ooh I understand. I hope you survived the funerals and all the relatives. :-)