Allow me to set the stage for you.
We are watching television on the first floor.
My husband mutes the TV and I ask, "what are you doing?"
He asks me, "Don't you hear that?"
I don't hear a thing was my response.
I really thought he was playing with me.
But apparently not.
A few minutes later he does it again.
I hear nothing.
He said, "We may have a squirrel or a mouse between the walls."
OOOOOOHHHH ICK!
He claims 'it' is either between the ceiling and the 2nd floor or the walls.
He claims he has heard both.
OH, MY GOD, THIS CREEPS ME OUT.
I immediately think how did they get in? I can't handle shit like this.
I am a big wuss.
But what I really want to know is how the hell Rick hears this.
He can't hear me when I am 6 ft from him speaking to him but he can hear this?
Selective hearing at its finest.
I called an exterminator....they will be here on Tuesday afternoon.
Not soon enough for me.
5 comments:
Oh, no! I guess your story is a good reason why I should be wearing my hearing aids when I'm home alone. I could be overrun with critters and not know it until I see one.
The selective hearing doesn't surprise you, does it? :)
Something died in the wall of our little house when we lived in California. High summer. It was brutal for about two weeks.
We never heard anything, though.
Oh. My. God.
A new friend for Izzy!
My husband hears things I don't hear, and I hear things he doesn't hear. As we age, men lose the higher tones and women lose the lower tones. Eventually neither of us can hear the other. That or he's gas lighting you.
Hope it's nothing too bad. We get mice sometimes and that's enough!
Post a Comment