Because you all keep telling me to make my info private I thought I would explain. I did. I don't know why they continue to contact me.
So I called Ancestry.com and got answers last night. I had everything correct except they could see my tree. But I did have it set to DO NOT CONTACT. The person on the phone didn't understand how I was getting these emails, which I might add she could see. So she had me delete everything and begin again. So we reset it all. Now it should be done right? But.....
In the meantime, I did some work on my family tree to see who the hell these people are who wish to get together. (not gonna happen)
My evil Grandmother, Thomasina DeSanti, had a mom named Palma Donatucci.
They are related to my Great Grandmother. Their grandfather's sister is Palma Donatucci. (evil grandmother is my mom's mom.) Before you think I am even more awful, everyone thought she was pure evil, even her children. Remember my story here about how she would smack me upside the head when I wasn't looking at her and she would mumble that I look like my father so she didn't like me. She was mean to everyone like this. And when my mom was dying of cancer and asked her for help I saw what she did to my mom. I may have been only 12 but I remembered. She is the only person in my life that I have held a bit of a grudge against. Normally I think grudges are a waste of my energy. But this woman I didn't ever talk to after my mom died. She didn't care anyway. I did not forgive or forget. I just ignored her and let her leave my life. She lived longer than almost all of her children. I always assumed it was because no one in heaven or hell wanted her.
Now that I have confused you all...let's delve into the hot mess of the emails.
After speaking to Ancestry.com last night they wrote to me this morning. They went back into my account to make sure the preferences did not go back since I have had a problem. They indeed did revert to allowing people to contact me via ancestry.com. So she has escalated the issue above her pay grade to be fixed. So I am not crazy. I did do this correctly, but for some reason, it reverts back. At least I know that part of it isn't my doing and I'm not going crazy. Well, at least not due to this topic.
I was also correct when I told them who was my aunt and who wasn't so not only are they annoying they were wrong. So take that, you tenacious people! 😃In the meantime, I just ignore everyone because that is the kind of mean awful person I am.
3 comments:
Interesting!
Claudia can't wait to get her results. She is in DAR so her relatives have been here since the beginning. Her ancestors owned the ground that Yale was built on. Or so the story goes.
Mike, they have an expert you can hire on ancestry if she has any road blocks. When you call their customer service number you get all kinds of information and help. Claudia's family sounds like a fun tree to do. Mine is just boring and too many of them not from here. I long to be a WASP
Post a Comment