Gary called me this morning at 11:30a to let me know he was going to run HIMSELF through a car wash with brushes. He said this home was so gross as well as smelly that it really needed to be condemned not have their bathtub refinished. He made me laugh.
To show me what he was referring to he then texts me a photo of the before of this tub, then the one after he spent 1 hr cleaning it, then the finished product.
It didn't look bad at all after 1 hour of cleaning along with removing years of soap film off of it with a razor scraper. The after was amazing. However, the rest of the room was so gross. There was garbage on the floor, dirty q-tips (okay they clean their ears just nothing else around them) There was so much mold on the walls and floor he said he kept his respirator on the whole time he was there. He told me if this were a public place it would be closed for certain.
I so couldn't do what these guys do. I just couldn't. I would be too grossed out.
They use this black light to go over the tub to be sure all areas have been coated and not a single area missed with this molecular bonding agent before they spray the bathtub. Gary said I didn't dare put it on any other surfaces in the room or I would have vomited I'm sure. While that makes me laugh a bit, it also grosses me out.
I have seen Rick's small portable little black light thingy. When he first got the technology of the newest molecular bonding agent I thought it was a gimmick. But honestly, it has taken care of all callbacks and any issues at all. So it's been a perfect agent to use. However seeing some of the things he tells me about I wouldn't want to see that stuff. I am always so fascinated that people who live in squalor see their bathtub as needing to be cleaned and refreshed yet the rest of their home is a pig stye. Must be psychological. I can't fathom what else it could be, because logic, it ain't.
Last Saturday he came by the bathroom as I was on my hands and knees cleaning around the toilet as well as the toilet. He walked by and said, "Hey, do I need my black light in there?" I told him to fuck off. He had a hearty laugh as he walked away. But it may not be a bad idea. But then he can clean up my vomit.😇
6 comments:
My husband has torn down a few condemned houses so I know the kind of grossness you're talking about. How people can live like that is amazing.
I've been thinking about getting my kitchen sink resurfaced. It's only 15 years old but it's lost it's ability to shine and it stains easily if you don't keep after it. Thanks for the tip about asking if they you a black light during the process.
Jean, I really don't recommend doing a kitchen sink. If you want to email me I'll go over the whys and what fors. :-)
Also this black light stuff is brand new technology so I would bet a lot don't have it yet. But it is amazing. The molecular bonding agent is also 100x stronger than a traditional primer. While we have used that for 10 years now, it was only recently that a new company developed this. It also enables you to get a much longer warranty. But not for sinks. We won't even do anything other than bathroom sinks.my email is on my profile here
Thanks for the advice, Margaret. I guess it's back to thinking about replacing it then.
This reminds me of a phone company story that happened to another tech I worked with. He was at a house in a not so nice neighborhood and had to the basement. No lights were working. He shined his flashlight down the steps and saw a reflection all over the basement. It was 3 feet of water. The plumbing had failed and the basement was filling up with sewage.
He went out and got some waders ..... no he didn't. He left.
ick gross.
Mike - you win!
Post a Comment