Saw Dr TT&G this morning. I'm moving along quite well and in fact I am doing too much so he told me to slow it down a bit. Hence the great crash around 2pm where ice and pain meds are needed. Hey, you don't give me directions and tell me to dump the crutches in 48 hrs and think I'm not going to dump the crutches in 48 hrs.
Apparently, he said most people will do nothing at all. He didn't really expect me to be doing stairs several times a day or walking as much as I have been walking. Rick was there and had to add his 2 cents that I am a type A personality and will do all that is listed on my instructions and want to do them perfectly. I guess that is a bad trait to have from the looks of their faces. So I am using 1 crutch today and I admit it is far easier. Still putting all my weight on this leg is difficult.
I attempted to get an appointment for physical therapy but no one can get me in until late January. I have called 7 places. Who will need it by that point? I may not go. I may just you tube some exercises and do them myself a couple times a day or whatever it is I'm to do. In one months time he said I will be back to normal so I don't see why I should go to PT 6 weeks after my surgery if in 4 I am fine.
And speaking of my 'fine' doctor, I saw he has a hairy chest today. As we were leaving I said to Rick, "Did you see that doctor N. had a hairy chest too? Mmmm" Rick said he did not see this and how the hell did I? He was wearing burgundy scrubs under his coat jacket and it was a v-neck. Knowing that I like hairy men my husband said while stifling laughter, "Dear God you're not going to hurt yourself again so you have to have him cut you for a 3rd time now are you?" (he did my shoulder surgery a few years ago)
I laughed and promised that no matter how hot this man was I do not intend on seeing him regularly! Besides he's too young for me, that would be me chasing tender vittles, but a gal can dream can't she? Healing is better with a McDreamy's manner and looks at your side.
I'm taking it easy today - no drugs, just elevation, some walking, some ice and hopefully some ice in a drink as well.
3 comments:
silly woman! I'd call the doctor's office and let them know about the PT timing issue. They might be able to pull some strings...
I'm surprised the doctor didn't have therapy set up already.
Redic. You'd think if that therapy was important they would have scheduled it FOR YOU before the surgery since the wait time is so long.
hairy men. hm.
Post a Comment