Now here is why that above paragraph makes me angry.
I had just spoken to the nurse re my pre-surgical instructions. The nurse and I went over medications and supplements, when I can eat and drink and when I can't. The nurse also went over what my expectations should be in regards to times and then what to wear home. She never said a thing about any tests that would be needed let alone at this late date.
After hearing that my doctor could only see me at 9am and it was going to cost an enormous amount of cash since she doesn't take insurance at all I was not a happy camper. Also if not able to be done prior to Wednesday then my surgery would be canceled.
So I called the nurse back. She said she didn't see any reason why I would need this since I don't have high blood pressure, diabetes, morbidly obese or have any heart issues. She suggested I call my doctors office first thing Monday because they closed at noon on Friday. Great.
I called at 8am this morning when they opened. Someone got back to me a few minutes ago. I don't need an EKG or any lab work done prior to surgery, it was sent in error. Whew.
The nurse told me I had to have big legs pants to wear home. I asked about jeans, but my jeans aren't so big legged. I wear jeans and leggings. It is supposed to be high winds with wind chill at zero on Thursday so a skirt is out of the question to me. So I ran to the new Wal-Mart in the new plaza across from our development and bought a cheap pair of sweat pants. Yes, that is correct I don't own sweatpants. Not only big legged they are a foot too long and I bought petite. Jeez, these things are made for Amazons. Looks like tonight I will be hemming them. I doubt I'll wear them ever again but then again they are so wide legged that I could wear jeans underneath or leggings in winter while walking the dog and be extra warm.
Walking into Wal-Mart on a Sunday during the holidays was brave of me if I do say so myself. I hate shopping on any given day but during the holidays, well you know what it's like. I'd rather have a root canal without novocaine than go shopping during the holidays. I grabbed a pair of petite sweatpants and I was out of there. It was crazy and there were crowds around the Santa Claus who was walking the aisles. But I braved the crowds and purchased a pair of ugly pants for only $9.96. Yeah for ugly sweatpants. All I need now is an ugly Christmas Sweater, right?
I wanted to show you all what Rick has been doing in the garage. He goes out there and putzes around and comes in with these two cutting boards. He hasn't yet made the grooves on the side/handles as one normally has on the side. But these look great to me so far.
Yes, they still need some work but you'll get the idea.
He made this one below in walnut (my personal favorite)
This one is maple and cherry. He has also got a full cherry board half done.
Mine will have an inlay in the back with a piece of anti -bacterial material that will be great for chicken and then flip it over for just a wood cutting board. Two boards in one. I have always told him that instead of having to have 2 cutting boards they should just make one with one embedded and he used to laugh at me. Now he's making one. When that is completed I will show you. He had the wood and decided to make these for family and friends. I want that Walnut one but I think it's going to one of his sisters. I'll have to wait. Which do you prefer?


14 comments:
I like the Walnut better. And I love the really cheap Walmart sweat pants for at home during the winter. LOL
Glad you got the medical thing worked out. :)
"...since she doesn't take insurance..."
New doctor time. I don't care how good she is.
Silver - I normally wear fleece lined leggings in winter. But I may convert if I find these comfy. :-)
Mike - Most doctors don't take insurance around here. 6 gyno's in 6 yrs. All end up dropping ALL insurance. So I keep changing. My new Primary doesn't take insurance either but she's closer and cheaper. Crazy isn't it?
Glad you got that EKG straightened out. Surprised that so many doctors are dropping insurance. Must be it doesn't pay enough to support them in the lifestyle they think they should be in. What's the point of insurance then?
I'm partial to the walnut board too. With a bit of wax on it, the grain would be gorgeous!
Brian - One doctor told Rick that he is told what to charge and if he charges that he can't keep his practice going, lights on, pay employees, give them insurance etc. He lives in a townhome so it's not like living high on the hog, he's not a surgeon, only a primary care physician/MD.
So if a dr visit is $250 then he is only allowed to charge say $75. It's crazy insurance screws everyone not just we mere mortals.And only going to get worse now.
Brian - I can't wait until they are waxed, I think that one is going to be beautiful. And the full cherry.
I like the walnut one!!! If you need my address - just let me know!!!!
Okay April, you're in line. :-)
Best wishes with the surgery, Margaret (Peg or Peggy too).
Elvis, God I love the name of your blog! thanks. I'll be dancing in no time.☺
I think they are both neat. I'd take either. I do have one pair of pants with elastic waist and wide legs that I use for winter. They are warm and comfy on their own or I can pull them up over leggings. They are my go to for cold mornings.
Those cutting boards are beautiful! Romeo used to build furniture, but doesn't want to do it any more, which is a shame.....I need a new headboard and night stands. Where do y'all live again, lol???
At our lake home (before sold of course)he made a queen headboard from an old door he got at Restore. (habitat for humanity) oh my goodness was it gorgeous!cost about $15 all in and everyone went nuts over it.
the door was $5. an intricate old wood door that if we hadn't found at the Restore it would have just been okay, but this was art because of the door.
how far are you from the dc metro area?😃
TG you didn't need the other test. Scott has a Dr that I think is all about getting kick backs. I can't stand the guy.
Love the cutting board! I hate Wal Mart but sometimes I just have to go there because I know they have what I want.
Post a Comment