Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Cleaning Crew

My husband surprised me with a cleaning company to show up this morning.
First I was a bit upset because business has been slower than normal ever since our new president was announced. Scary slow.
My first reaction was we can't afford this babe, what did you do?
But then I realized why he did this for me and realized this was his gift to me and I thought it was sweet. I had told him I wanted to get all these things on my list completed before surgery on Thursday. So the fact that he heard me is amazing all on its own ladies. He was listening? What? Who the hell is this man?

I imagined my anal retentive self would be in bed or in the recliner with my knee up and wishing I could clean that floor, or dust that ceiling fan. He's been watching me run around and doing things after work and he keeps asking me to go on a walk and anything and everything to avoid cleaning. Now I get why he was so nuts about getting me out of the house for the last week.

They arrived at 8:30 on the dot. The owner came with the two women cleaning who speak barely any English. She and Rick had apparently met and discussed what he thought I wanted to have done when I wasn't around. Today the owner went over everything with me before she left her crew to get busy.

Currently, they are on the 3rd floor. One of the women came to my office to tell me my house was very clean and that was a nice change. Or at least that is what I thought she said. Oh, I wish I was better at Spanish than I am. So apparently the filth I see she doesn't think is so bad. In all honesty, I only use the TV room on the 3rd floor, not the bedrooms or shower etc. So why would it be dirty up there? Dusty perhaps, but not dirty. Wait until they get to the 1st and 2nd floor. She won't be so happy then I can promise you.

I also got a pedicure Sunday so while my leg is up in the OR they won't see ugly feet. Rick found that to be a hoot. Why he asked do I think they would even notice. Oh, they would notice if they were awful. Pregnant women do that all the time before they go into labor I explained to him. He shook his head, muttered something,laughed and walked away. Laugh big boy but my feet will look pretty while they are working on my knee and while I am recuperating.




5 comments:

April said...

You know you always have to clean your house before a cleaning company comes in!

I loved it when Jim would give that for a gift. Haven't done that in years! Miss it! Just cleaning every Saturday kills my back!!

Glad he did that for you! So now you can right all kinds of stories while you have your leg up!! Yay for us!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, they may drug induced stories though.

April said...

What's wrong with that! Those are the best kind!!!!!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You're funny. I'll have my tablet in bed so who knows. :-)

Julie H said...

Aww that was so sweet! I'm really hoping my mom got me the vacuum I asked for for Christmas. The one I have just doesn't work on the wood floor and the pet hair around here drives me bonkers.