It's been spring around these parts for a while now.
Cherry blossoms blooming, my hyacinths blooming and my tulips sticking up there little heads. I bought my hyacinths inside and put them in a lovely vase and that started Rick's sneezing and watery eyes. So I knew spring was officially here.
But then the winds and the cold.
Old man winter is back. He knows I don't like him, he's taunting me.
The bastard.
Last week after having dinner on the patio Rick suggested we begin to 'spring up' our patio next weekend.
We'd remove the tarps over everything, put the gazebo back together and plant. Hah! He said it too loudly. That bastard old man winter heard him and said, "oh no you don't buddy, not this this year"
I had cleaned out the hall closet of parkas and big warm coats. Aah, it was neat again and tidy with just the light jackets one may need in summer. I brought all the winter coats up to the 3rd-floor bedroom walk in closet and loudly proclaimed, see you next year. HAH!
I awoke to bone chilling cold weather at 5a to walk the dog. I opened the door and closed it immediately. I ran (okay walked) up the 3 flights of stairs and grabbed my winter parka which I was so damn certain I was finished with.
With my head slumped in depression, I walked the dog. Who, by the way, loves the cold and was a happy dog with her tail wagging down the street.
So all those clothes I put away are back out. The wind is the worst of it all to me. Cold is bad enough but add the wind and I'm hating every walk with this dog.
I have realized that if it weren't for Izzy, I would be a hermit.
2 comments:
It appears the temp here will be on Sunday morning :P which means even colder by you. Keep the winter clothes at the ready!
Well our weather hasn't fluctuated that much but I did wear a sweater over my sleeveless shirt last week. Ha.
Post a Comment