Thursday, April 7, 2016

Banana Bread

Rick was working on his tablet. I was upstairs in my office.
I hear him sniffing but I assume this is his allergies. I work in a loft so I can hear everything.

A little while later I go downstairs to fill up my glass of water.  I walked by him and I see him sniffing the pillow on the back of his chair.  I don't say anything because I am afraid to even ask what the hell that was about. Then as I am squeezing a lemon in my water I look up and see him sniff his cup and then he went to his shirt?
Okay, I had to ask. "Why the hell are you smelling everything?" 
He said, "I smell banana bread or something sweet and the oven isn't even on.
Did you bake something earlier while I was at work?"

Now I am laughing. I pointed to the candle that was under the candle burner and said, "It's the candle, didn't you see it on? You goof ball. But you are correct it is a banana nut bread scented candle.  Why did you smell the pillow for heaven's sake?"
Rick laughed and said he thought it was something like those things I put in the wash that he loves the smell of so much.   Nope, just a candle.

An hour or more later he yells upstairs to me,
"Hey, Margaret? Wanna make me some banana bread?"

7 comments:

Julie H said...

I think that would be torture smelling that all day lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Apparently Rick thinks so too because he doesn't want it on when he's around because all he wants to do is eat.:-)

Barbara said...

So cute. I love scented candles. I nearly set the house on fire the other day with one. It was to close to something else and I kept smelling wood or smoke or something I knew was not right. Finally I noticed the tall candle was scorching the top of the nook it was in. Previous small candles had not been a problem. Lesson learned. Tall candles removed but it did put the fear in me.

Barbara said...

Ok. Now I need Banana Nut Bread. Dadgumit I'll have to make a Starbucks run in the morning. They better have some made up.

Mike said...

When you send me my banana nut bread pack it carefully. Although banana nut bread crumbs are still good.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara - did you get your banana bread?

Mike - it's on it's way....if the mailman doesn't eat it first.

flask said...

good time for him to learn to bake?.

i dunno maybe he already does.