My goodness between Kelly Ripa being a diva and Prince dying that is all I see on tv, the internet, social media. Seriously who cares?
As for Ripa and her antics because she was hurt, can you imagine at your corporate job if your feelings were hurt, your boss went behind your back and you blew off work in protest, do you think you'd get to keep your job? No, doesn't work that way in the real world where you are not making 15 millon a year. So stop whining Ripa and suck it up.
This "genius" moniker that the media throws around for people is so over the top. Prince is not a genius. Was he talented? Yes. Was he a good guitar player? Yes. Did he write good pop music for himself and others? Yes.
But that is not a genius. That is a million people. In the music industry, there are so many people who have done the same and are even bigger.
I had a FB friends just write on her timeline, "wearing purple today" on the day of his death. A 62-year-old woman behaving like this.
C'mon get a grip.
When Madonna dies will you wear a cone bra and corset?
When Willie Nelson dies will she fire up a joint? Well, probably.
I just don't understand this type of celebrity worship. They are just like you and me only with talent (which is subjective) and money.
I guess with this logic I will be wearing a black arm band on a pinstripe jersey because my baseball team is dead. Has been and will be for several years to come. It's the 80's all over again. Waaah.
In the mean time life goes on.
I am now living in Rick's world. I don't like Rick's world. It is old people world.
I know you all know about Rick's medical issues this year.
But I have been fine. But then I turned 60. I swear to God that is the issue.
Don't turn 60 - skip over to 61 or something.
My left knee has been barking ever since. The stairs are killing me.
And my whole house is nothing if not stairs. Too many stairs.
I wear a headset all day at work. If I have a call during my lunch instead of running upstairs I can answer it while I am making my lunch. But 9 out of 10 times it requires that I have to go to the computer, which is upstairs. On those days I RUN up the stairs, sometimes 2 at a time. Which is remarkable with my 25 inch inseam. :-)
Now I can't do that. I woke up and it is throbbing. It won't go away. It's been a few months now and it is only getting worse. Seriously no issue at age 59, turn 60 and my knee is screaming, "YOU ARE OUT OF WARRANTY! HA HA HA HA"
Last night it was so bad I couldn't bend it at all. Not as bad as a torn rotator cuff but by no means pleasant. I used to like my left knee. Now I curse it!
I believe I had taken a page from my parents hand book and will be in denial. Head in the sand syndrome as my husband calls my parents hand book. But it's getting louder this pain, which makes being in denial much more difficult. Now I'm beginning to think this pain is not going to taper off.
But its a fluke right? I'll be running up the stairs in no time!
Yeah, I'm old not stupid. I know I have to see a doctor.
I am beginning to think this is the new entertainment in my life.
Where did you go yesterday Peg?
See a show? Out to a new restaurant?
No? You went to the doctors? You had an MRI?
Yep this seems to be my new life.
I hope the doctor is at least good lookin'.
16 comments:
I find that the "wake up and find a new pain" syndrome is certainly a thing that pops up in the 60s. However, mine seem to come and go. This week it is my knee, several weeks ago it was my back. I think my body is wearing out but you always hear that you need to use it or lose it. So if you don't keep moving and aching, what is the alternative - life in an easy chair? Nope, not ready for that. Have pain will travel is my motto. Hope your's is only a passing problem. Stairs don't help though.
So you're saying I should probably return the cone bra and corset?
Barbara - i walk 3 miles a day minimum and I go up and down stairs so many times a day your head would spin. So my knees should be good as far as use it or lose it. Not working that way though. :-)
Mike - oh no, not yet. she hasn't died yet. I'll wear it when she dies and put a photo on the blog. :-)
As a true Prince fan, I'll have to politely disagree. The sheer amount of work he created, especially what he considered to be his best work, which he kept? That's genius level. When other artists automatically comment on him, in deference to playing ability? That's genius level. At least to me. And I get to say so, out loud, all over social media. While I didn't do purple at all (because I really detest people telling me when or what color to wear. Sure, he loved purple, but me wearing purple doesn't mean I adored his music (or stories I'd heard about his humanitarianism) anymore than mean me not wearing it meant I didn't enjoy him. I can't use Madonna as an example because while a few of her songs are part of the soundtrack of my life, his played more prominently, as a teen and as an adult. Hell, I was listening to him the morning he died. So, as a fan, I get the hoopla. (But I can say that I simply logged off of FB over the weekend and haven't been back.)
(Oh, and 42 seems to be "brokenness is coming" for me. First my back, now my knee. I dislike the old.)
Arneyba, Ah, you can disagree with me. I just think the word genius is used too damn often for most folks.
If he is a genius then I guess Lennon and McCarthney are geniuses too. Yeah, that's funny to me too. None of them are geniuses to me, they are just very talented musical influences of their time.
If it makes you feel any better my 22 year old daughter had to go to the doctor after sleeping on the floor for a couple days.
Checking out the Ripa thing since it actually hasn't come up on anything I look at lol.
Julie, okay that helps. :-) No sofa to sleep on?
I was never a massive Prince fan, but it is another sad loss to the music world. I don't think genius is the right word to use for artists like him and Prince, Michael Jackson, or even my hero Elvis, I think they are all amazing performers and the world is a sadder place without them in it.
LL-EXACTLY!!! That is how I feel as well.
I guess not! Her girlfriend was with her so it was probably not enough couch lol.
Julie, ah, she's nice. I would have said, sorry Rick you're on the floor, I'm taking the sofa. :-)
I agree with you on the Prince thing. Yes, he was a good musician. Yes, I have several of his tunes on my playlist. However, when I read online paeans describing him as "the greatest musician of all time" (and I've seen at least five such), we need to ratchet down the praise a bit. Oh, and what's a Kelly Ripa?
Bill, when you retire like Mike, you'll learn who this Ripa gal is. :-)
I am now retired, and I have no particular interest in knowing who this Ripa person is unless she wants to adopt me and pay off all my bills.
Congratulations on retiring Bilbo!!
Post a Comment