I don't understand why this is a craze.
The good thing is there are so many new products that taste great that are gluten free.
Sometimes I like the option of not having to make homemade soup but to just buy a can. Now there are some good gluten free soups out there in a can. But mostly I still make everything from scratch.
You see I can't eat gluten for medical reasons.
But it seems that everyone thinks this is a new weight loss fad.
What the hell is wrong with you?
Yes, you who thinks eating gluten free donuts will help you lose weight?
Does that even make sense to anyone? Eat donuts, cakes and cookies and lose weight.
Yes, you will feel better if you limit your gluten intake.
But gluten is not a big fat enemy nor is sugar evil in moderation.
Anything you take in too much isn't good for you.
There is a saying in my house that is, "If sense were really common more people would have it."
I think that applies here.
Yes, if you take gluten our of your diet you will feel better, lighter, less bloated, more energy.
I understand why an athelete would do this.
It is amazing how much better I felt once I eliminated gluten; medical issues aside.
When I cheat not only do I feel badly because of my medical issue it also just makes me feel heavy,bloated and all around icky. So I get why one would want to eliminate it from ones diet to feel their best.
Yes, if you take gluten out of your diet it is a whole new way of life.
It is not a diet though.
If you are eating gluten free brownies, gluten free breads and gluten free pasta this is not a way to diet or lose weight.
You are not stopping your glycemic index from spiking because you are still eating rice pasta and things that cause weight gain in the first place dumb ass.
So if you are doing this to lose weight - just don't eat gluten period!
Skip the gluten free cakes and breads on a regular basis.
This shouldn't be your new fad.
If you're doing this because you have to for medical reasons then you understand my newest rant.
In other news.....
I had a phone interview this week.
YIPEE someone after looking for work for over a year called me after seeing my resume.
I thought it went great but we'll see.
She told me the next step was an in person interview.
She expected me to hear from someone early next week.
I hope I do. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Here's to Friday and the fact that red wine and Tanqueray gin are gluten free naturally.


11 comments:
Oh, Peg, everything is crossed for you for that job to work out!
I've heard it suggested that gluten may help with IBS but I've never really looked into it.
Arnebya Thx first of all.
As for IBS I have heard that as well. It has changed my life and I feel so much better. I do not have celiac but I get very swollen when I eat it. It's not an allergic reaction per se they tell me but an intolerance as they call it.
I literally will swell up two sizes in 24 hrs of eating it. Add eating it day by day and it just keeps making me bigger and bigger. You can put your finger in my shin and go knuckle deep like pushing dough. It's painful as all hell.
I try to do as much gluten free as I can. I have IBS and it does wonders when I stay away from all the starchy stuff. Lets not even talk about how mad my lower half gets when I sneak in a Wendy's.....
And fingers crossed.
Lizbeth - some days the cheat for me is worth it some days I curse myself.It's those sneaky glutens you have to watch out for. I had a hard time at first - now I just know and now I'm a damn label savant. Has it helped your son at all?
I took a gluten test at the doctors. I can't remember the exact numbers for the range but if the range was 5 to 15, below 5 being good, above 15 being bad, I was a 10. A solid m'eh.
I'm keeping everything crossed! Enjoy your weekend!
Good luck!!
I've thought about going gluten free, mostly because my stomach is the last place I have to lose from and appears bloated. I don't eat a lot of grains but gluten is in a lot of stuff! It would be tough though I know that for sure.
yep. gluten free is latest marketing claptrap for stupid peopel who like to think they;re doign something new and healthy when really they;re just buying more expensive crap.
the good news is that for poeple like you, there are more alternatives.
Mike - a solid M'eh is better than a 25. Now go have some pizza and beer!
Cora - thx!!
Julie - stuff was sent via email to ya.
flask - yep there are some artisan breads that are very very good albeit expensive. But when you just want a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of soup it's nice to know it's there.
Good luck with the interview ... I'll be having a gluten-free gin and tonic (or two. or three) in your honor.
My doctors say the GF diet really helps with inflammation which can be such a problem with auto immune and other chronic illnesses.
There are a lot more choices out there these days, but they are awfully calorie rich.
There is a GF grocery store quite close to us.
It is soooo expensive and I usually just make things here.
My two GF treats are always Pei Wei and Chipotle Grill.
Post a Comment