Yes, insurance.
Rick was accepted into the pre-existing insurance plan that is now offered to all who have been refused insurance due to having a pre existing condition. All thanks to my President. We are just happy as shit about this. His new policy begins on November 1st.
The first thing I am making him do is get an Xray on that knee.
He is sure hobbling around and the old fart is stubborn and waiting until he gets his ID card to go to the ER/Urgent Care. This bruised knee as he calls it is really not getting any better so I think he needs an Xray. Last night he was on a roll and had me laughing so much. His last suggestion was that he didn't need no stinkin' Xrays he just needed some medicinal marijuana for the pain. He was making me laugh.
Oh that man can make me laugh and I love him for that.
Due to me not having insurance I had a free mammogram that is offered here in October at Innova Dulles South where I live. I had it and then they asked for my older films from another imagining center to compare. They found a lump you see.
I had a feeling which is why I went for the free one this year. Sometimes ya just know.
But seriously I wish I hadn't. I don't have insurance so what good does it do to know this? They will review the films I dropped off today along with the CD of a sonogram done last time to be absolutely certain I need to have more imagining.
I have been having a lot of pain on that side for awhile now. Pain they usually say is nothing. But now the pain is constant and more, if that makes sense. Anyway this is where they found this "thing" so maybe its the same as last time.
Either way I am in a bit of a panic not having insurance.
Shit. This all sucks. I will remain positive until we know something more.
I also think I will wait until the completion of the sale for more imagining if necessary since I don't have insurance.
In good news. We are getting closer to the closing on the lake house.
November 16th is the magic day. It can't get here soon enough.
Honestly all the piddly shit from the inspection is so annoying.
A storage unit doesn't have a outlet cover and they are making a big deal of shit like this.
I will be buying a cover for a whooping 50 cents and put it on when we get there tomorrow night. Jeez.
In other good news this realtor we have has been the best realtor by far we have ever had the pleasure of working with. So fair, up front, no hidden agenda etc. I love the kid. Sure he looks like a hillbilly but he is so nice. After I win the lottery I will be using him to buy my big fat house on the lake.
The party at the former co-worker's home for my former boss was nice.
Only nice. So many couldn't come at the last minute due to the storm.
Those were all the people Deb and I wanted to see so much.
Because my regional team of co-workers were from the northeast most couldn't get a flight here and driving would have been worse.
My friend and co-worker Deb was coming up from Charlotte so she was the only one that arrived that was really fun for me. Deb did stay at our home and that was fun to catch up.
Seeing my former boss and his wife was perfection!
I adore him and it was fun to see he is still the irrelevant funny man I remember.
Cute as can be as well. He is cuter than before.
Why do men age so damn well. Not fair.
We all laughed a great deal and that is always fun right?
The hostess is quite the pretentious woman and Deb, Bruce and I had some good chuckles about that in private. I took some photo's but not as many as normal so nothing really to share because you don't know these folks. Pretentious people make me giggle though.
She's a cold woman. The tags on her clothes and her furnishings mean more to her than a person or warmth and kindness. She has such pride and wanted to show us around her massive home as soon as we walked in. All Deb & I wanted was to go out to her patio to see everyone was out there partying. I didn't care that her bedroom was the size of my entire first floor. But she wanted us to know the cost of this or that as she would point them out.
Who does that shit? Oh jeez. I prefer the friends over the stuff.
I was asked to bring an appetizer.
Now, I was going to make my crab and sausage and cheese stuffed mushroom caps.
But I had a busy week and shit with the sale etc decided to go for something simple, yummy and what I knew was going to be very pedestrian for her standards.
I made a 7 layer taco dip and brought along the chips for dipping as well.
I asked her if I could use her oven and when I took the foil off my dip she turned up her nose and said in the most snotty tone it made Deb spit out her wine and laugh...."what is this?"
I told her it was 7 layer taco dip and she rolled her eyes.
I pretend I don't notice as I look at Deb wiping up her wine that is now all over the kitchen island. I asked for a bowl for the chips. I think her head about exploded that my appetizer could be put on her silver platters as the rest were done.
When my dip was done I went inside and got it out of the oven and took my "slum" pampered chef stone platter to the patio table with the chips.
EVERYONE swarmed immediately to the dip.
Deb whispered, "oh my this is going to piss her off because her silver platters are still full with her bite sized icky things."
We laughed. I am thrilled that everyone loved it. I was a bit concerned.
Bruce said it was so yummy I was not allowed to take the remainder home.
I'm glad the guests loved it. And there was none left to take home so ha ha to snotty hostess.
Dinner was sit down of course. No buffet for the pretentious.
We had salmon and lentils.
I hate salmon, lentils are okay if there is nothing else to eat.
Because I am not pretentious I felt that salmon was an odd choice for people who like me don't eat seafood. Half of us didn't take the salmon at my table as it was brought to us by the hostess on a another silver platter.
We were all asked to bring wine as well. We were to share our bottles with everyone.
I know she is a snob so I was sure to bring a great bottle of Cabernet.
It is from one of my favorite wineries in Sonoma.
She said she had never heard of it and turned up her nose.
I said, "my goodness Susan you have heard of all the wineries in Sonoma? God love you"
That made everyone laugh.
I know that was mean but she's such a bitch that I stooped to her level.
Bruce had her taste it. He did and said, "Oh Peg you may not get any of this, this is a very good cab." I smiled and walked away. I turned around to see her drink her first sip and I heard her say to Bruce, "Oh my this IS very fine wine. Who knew? "
Yes, only you Susan have taste the rest of us are the dirt beneath your shoes.
She then made a bee line to me to tell me the wine was very good and how did I know of this winery? I told her about my private tours that we had the opportunity to do while in Sonoma. Apparently that impressed her. Big deal. BFD seriously.
I just hate people like this.
It reminds me of a saying that one of my sister always says when someone is acting all stuck up and snobby like her, "oh smell me!'
It fits this pretentious bitch.
Then again she is 60 yrs old and she lives alone (well her mom lives with her with dementia) and has never married. Maybe she is like this because that is all she has. She has looks, money and 'stuff'. Maybe she's just miserable and that is why she behaves this way.
Or maybe not.
People are funny. Look, I like a nice home. I like nice things and I really like good wine.
But if you served me wine in a box and it wasn't sweet I would still be happy.
My hubby, my family and my friends mean more to me than the stuff and sometimes I feel badly for those that don't get that. Because while lying on my death bed do you really think I'll say, gee I'm glad my furniture and accessories were top notch or will I want to be surround by my loved ones and happy I had these rich relationships?
Maybe it's just me.
11 comments:
Thinking good thoughts to you about your mamogram. I really hope you have nothing to worry about and that you'll hear good answer soon!
Awesome that your dip was such a hit!
Seriously, I think people like her get their importance from feeling like they are better then the average person. I know my son's soon to be x MIL is like that. When my son said to her that material things don't matter as much as having a personal relationship, she took offensive to it. When he told her that he believed in treating guest like family, and family like guest (meaning you treat them the same) she thought this was awful. Yea, too bad Sandy didn't take her out to sea when it left ;o)
Carolyn - I am sure after they compare to the other films this will be nothing at all. They just like to worry us.
That taco dip rocks - even if not on a silver platter. :-)
Bonnie - i wish all those types could be put in a room together and let 'em fight it out. Oh wait they have tv shows like this....housewives of whatever city. :-)
The boobie smooshage will go fine. I proclaimed it, I believe, so let it be. Bam! Power of positivity (of which I usually know nothing).
I'm giggling at the dip being a hit and imagining the hostess sneaking some, angering herself by enjoying it. Ha.
I dislike people like this too. I figure it is deeper than any of us will ever know -- this desire to impress or feel bigger than/better than others. I know plenty of people with nice things. But none of them feel the need to explain to me just how nice their things are. I hope you get to see your other friends soon.
Arnebya - I just love the term "boobie smooshage" I may steal that. I know this will be nothing!! I will it as well!
Better try to get in sooner than later. Bills can be paid a small amount a month if need be. Can you go through planned parenthood or something? There has to be something to help uninsured women with that kind of stuff.
I hate snobby people.
I've heard of things dumber than a 50 cent cover killing a real estate deal. I'm surprised the agent didn't go buy it and install it.
Mike - then she started googling the land and she is driving us crazy with issues - or let me put it this way - she is making issues where none exsist. Thankfully we will not have to face her at closing. We sign the week before she does so we don't have to take more time off. I seriously will want to punch her. Her realtor said the same thing to my realtor - that she was a royal p.i.a.
I used to know a couple (I won't mention names) who were quite wealthy, until they fell on hard times. After the money became scarce, the friends all disappeared. Imagine that.
oh that woman sounds dreadful. but im glad your dip and wine went over well.
salmon is an odd thing to serve at a dinner party. i mean, i love salmon but people have pretty strong opinions about it and a lot of folks hate it.
regarding boobs: i hope this is nothing. ill be thinking about you. a lot.
Post a Comment