My ass is not happy about this cold weather.
Oh no, not because it gets cold back there.
Nope.
It's because in cold weather I like to eat and my ass is not going to fit in my jeans at this rate.
For heaven's sake it's only October.
My ass will be the side of a barn by March!
What the hell is with the cold upon us and me wanting to have more food?
I work very hard at eating a lean protein veggie filled clean diet.
But this past week I failed. Failed miserably.
I had cheesecake, and that was 2 pieces on 2 different days no less but my God was it good if I do say so myself. I had a big ass bowl of awesome chili, a corn meal jalapeno muffin. (oh yummy) and scrambled eggs with chiptole cheese.
All things I know I shouldn't eat because my ass gets mad at me.
I can't eat like normal people and I know it.
What is normal for you makes me gain a few lbs.
These were all things I normally would not eat at all or eat very very little of.
But not this past week. Oh no you can hear the oink oink noises from my house.
Now I know for normal people that is not a big deal or a lot of food or even bad food.
BUT for a gal who has to watch what she eats to maintain her chubby with an adrenal and thyroid issue that is 5lbs in 5 days. I know better.
I know now what I can and can't eat yet I did it anyway. Dumb ass.
Or should I say, Fat ass!?
So today I will be hungry! Today I must be back on this damn lonely hungry wagon.
And wouldn't you know it I found this recipe over at the blog The Girl Who Ate Everything.
I have to stop going over there. She taunts me and she doesn't even know it! Bitch.
She has some of the best damn things to make and eat and so many are gluten free.
Sadly not calorie free. I have made a few of her gluten free recipes or adapted them for me.
So know if you go you go there at your own risk. You have been warned.
I went there this morning and my ass didn't leave my chair.
My ass knows better.
It should get up off the chair and walk away but it didn't move.
We've had this talk with one another many times before.
It defies me.
Today I saw her cinnamon roll cheesecake recipe.
I could stare at those pictures without my reading glasses on and drool.
But they were on. I did see them. I didn't look away.
I stared at that page like The Jersey Shore kids longingly stare at their tanning beds.
I wiped the drool off my keyboard and felt my ass growing so I jumped off and came here to warn you all. See how nice I am?
To my male blogger friends - go on over there - you men don't gain weight even after you eat a side of beef with side dishes of carbohydrates washed down with a 12 pack of beer.
You know we hate you for that don't you?
But to my female blogger friends.....don't go. Save your ass.
Look away, help yourself because I tell you if you look at those pictures your ass will grow.
Trust me on this.
Do you eat more or want to eat more when it gets cold outside?
Please don't let it just be me.
13 comments:
Too funn, Peg! I had already copied that recipe before reading your blog! I'm gonna make that cheesecake, too! And I'll tell you how awful it was, so you won't want to make it yourself! lol And yeah, I seem to be ravenous all the time....especially for sweets! I think I'm already in that "Halloween is coming and there will be mountains of candy soon!" mode.....and I can tell it's gonna be a rough winter!
I definitely eat more, and heavier foods like thick soups, more meats, breads, heavy sauces, casseroles, pull out the slow cooker. WARM STUFF. And I eat more often.
Arnebya - good to know it's not just me. :-)
Just reading this made me hungry. I think I'm off to BWW for a couple of dozen wings.
"You men don't gain weight even after you eat a side of beef with side dishes of carbohydrates washed down with a 12 pack of beer." I wish. Call Agnes for a somewhat different take on that observation!
Mike - I am not familiar with BWW but it is obviously for wings. Enjoy! Mangia.
Bilbo - okay are you that exception? Or perhaps over the age of 45 which will change men I have found. But when you do want to lose weight you just all have to say, "Im on a diet" and weight comes off. It's not fair! (I whine)
Well of course I had to go look. I love cheesecake!! Ummmm that looks SO GOOD!!
I can't blame my big a$$ on over-eating, more likely sitting on it too much!
BWW = Buffalo Wild Wings
Yep I do the same thing too. I've read that it's our body putting on fat for the winter. Problem is the fat doesn't come off for the spring >:o/
i do want to eat more when it gets cold but luckily im more active during this time too. i put on weight every summer when its too hot to move. i am so damn ass backward.
LOL! Oh, Peg -- I feel your pain. With me it's my gut. Skinny everywhere else, but old age has settled just at the belt line. Most of the year, like you I'm happy with protein and veggies, but when cold weather comes, the carb demons show their ugly selves and it becomes much more difficult. Since I can't afford to go out and buy bigger jeans, I'd better win these battles more often than not!
I eat way more when it's cold outside. Staying inside I pretty much graze all day.
This time of year is very depressing. I miss the hot and sunny already :-(
finally got around to getting my TSH checked and sure 'nuff it needed to be bumped up. Not that that it has made much difference in my lack o' perkiness
Post a Comment