Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Remember when I said.....

Remember how 3 years ago I said if I got a dog it would never be allowed on the furniture?
Seems like many moons ago when I didn't have dog hair everywhere.

Now Izzy the Wonder Dog knows to only go to the chair where her blanket is as well as the end of the sofa where a blanket is at this house.
She also puts her chin on these areas and looks for permission before she gets up there.
I like that! In fact I love that.

But Rick has slowly been allowing her in our bed.
I had a white down comforter on the bed.
Now it is white with brown Labrador retriever hair.
I don't like that!
It must be dry cleaned.
I actually tried vacuuming this last week. Don't try this at home.

Rick tells me to just let it all go.
I've gotten better but....

So now the dog thinks she can jump on the bed at the lake.
NO!
You see if we rent the house I do not want dog hair on the bedding.
Because he got her doing this I have to put on the bedspread that is "ours" and when we get ready to leave and renters come in I put on the nice one without dog hair. Nice of me huh?

Rick insists it is no big deal.
I say it is a damn big deal if we went to a hotel and paid the amount we charge and dog hair was all over the comforter..
Ah ha! He said when I put it that way he understood. 
Honestly how can he not think of that on his own?

And this last weekend he let the dog on the sofa in the enclosed porch.
I about had a hissy fit. 
Seriously another piece of furniture that has to be vacuumed not just on the sides where the dog rubs but everywhere?  Why I oughta.....
The dog can lay around on the wood chairs out there, the rug or the damn floor.
I don't complain about my husband much because well, I just don't have any complaints but this really fried my ass. There is so much work involved in renting and this doesn't help me.
If we weren't renting it wouldn't be a big deal.
But we can't ask top dollar and have a home full of dog hair.
Adding that to all the other things that have to be done each and every time this is just more work and usually for me.

Being the wench I am I asked him to help me clean while the dog was sleeping outside.
After he had to vacuum the sofa on the porch and remove bedding etc he actually had the cogliones to say, "Damn I just added more work on top of all the crap we have to do to rent didn't I? I see what you've been saying....I'm sorry."

Okay that realization saved his ass!

10 comments:

regan said...

I love how the lightbulb moment happens ONLY when they have to do some of the work! Duh!!! lol

mamahasspoken said...

I so feel your pain. That's why all my couches have dog covers on them and all the beds have 'cheap' covers on them. Have you ever noticed your lint filter after washing the covers? Mine is nothing but dog hair! Yellow dog hair and my two biggest dogs are black!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie - oh yeah I've noticed. I love her but her hair drives me bat shit crazy.

Carolyn said...

That's why you need to have a dog that doesn't shed.

We bought new couches in our living room. But didn't want our dogs on it. Since they basically have free reign on the house, they would not listen to me. So now the couche cushions are up to stop the dogs from getting up there. They only time they are down now is when we have company over.

Julie H said...

Well that made me smile! Funny how once they have to pitch in they realize all the work they are making.

Bilbo said...

Nessa has been gone for a few months now, and we're still vacuuming up wads of brown Lab hair from odd nooks and crannies in the furniture and odd corners around the house. I always said that if I wanted to, I could have knitted a new dog once a week from the hair she shed.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bill - I have said the exact same words about knitting a new dog! Great minds think alike I guess.

We "furminate" her weekly and it helps but she's a dog, she still sheds. But then again rick sheds too but he won't let me furminate him.

Mike said...

NO no no Rick. Never say that stuff out loud. You should have stopped at 'damn'. When you say all that other stuff "'" they "'" won't let you forget it.

Ms. A said...

Funny how he didn't "get it" until he had to involve himself in the extra work it created. But at least he did, eventually, "get it!"

My dogs have been gone for years and I still find remnants!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh silly Mike For some reason I can't remember diddly unless he says it. :-) I think I need to start telling him where I set my keys.