I wish health care was as easy to get as say, a gun.
I long for 4 solid months of fall sweater weather.
I wish my boys of summer would stop getting hurt damn it.
I have had dreams of Craig Ferguson 2 nights in a row. What the hell does that mean?
Realtors make sleazy used car salesmen look like Mother Teresa.
I am having fruit and vegetable cravings lately, what the hell is that about?
A woman who lives across the street from us was out with her dog last night while we were walking Izzy.
She asked what the hell we are doing to our neighbors to make everyone leave next door.
This is the 4th family who has lived there in 12 years.
That made me laugh.
We have less than 4 weeks until Ugly Carrie and Dough Boy husband leave the hood.
There will be a block party! Their neighbors on the other side made the suggestion and it was warmly received by Rick and I to say the least.
This same neighbor who made the joke about all the turn over next door was the first person we had ever met when we moved here.
She came over and introduced herself.
With her hand extended she said, "Hi my name is Marina and I am the token dyke on the block."
Okay then. How does one respond to that?
We laughed and just extended our hands and said hello and our names.
I later said to Rick, "gee maybe we should have each said hi my name is xyz and I'm a heterosexual." We just found it weird that she would say it like that.
Not offended, not shocked, just found it damn odd.
So last evening when we were chatting about the ugly neighbors moving I reminded her of this statement. She laughed and said, "Gee I don't remember that but it sounds so like something I'd say."
I reminded her of the time she came into my home and said she liked what I had done and that she "needed a queen to decorate her home"
She didn't remember that either. Holy shit I have no memory but I certainly remembered those 2 statements.
I told her that those were two statements that I never forgotten because I hardly knew you then and that you felt so comfortable to say that made me laugh.
She told us last evening that she too will be moving.
She's meeting with the dreaded evil realtors.
Her daughter (yes, she had a brief experiment) is living in Boston now finishing grad school so she doesn't need 2300+ square feet for she and her teeny tiny dog.
She asked if I knew anything about staging, painting etc.
I raised my hand. Told her I've done this stuff before and I'm cheap.
Jennifer, dear sister, want to be a reference?...tee hee
I will be going over to her place this weekend to assess the situation and maybe make a few dollars. Last time in her house was shocking.
She lives like a college age boy. It needed a lot of work and warmth and clothes off the floor.
So it will be interesting but it will also be fun for me.
She said that her realtor was really upset by the shape of her home and Marina didn't understand half of what the realtor wanted done.
Her home is wired in the latest and greatest because that is her expertise.
I was shocked and in awe at her technological home.
The money she has spent on all of this may never show a return though.
The house itself is a mess.
She admits to being a geek not a decorator.
I laughed and agreed.
4 comments:
Sounds like that will keep you busy! And good blog stories to come lol.
'she doesn't need 2300+ square feet'
Everyone needs 2300 SF. What is she going to do with all her 'stuff'!
Mike are you old enough to remember George Carlin's bit on his 'stuff'? That is what your comment reminded me of.
Introducing yourself with a comment on your sexual preference is VERY unusual, to say the least!
I'd like to have 2300 square feet! It may be just the two of us, but we're busting at the seams... and staging would be IMPOSSIBLE, not that we're selling, we're paid for and staying put.
Post a Comment