Last evening as is prone to happen neighbors came over and would pet Izzy and before you know it, it became a big ole gathering on the patio. Drinks, peanuts and popcorn.
Ed, who is drop dead gorgeous ladies, (not that it has anything to do with anything just sayin') asked if anyone saw Minnie Driver on Craig Ferguson the other night. (only I had)
He began to share with everyone the conversation of having carpet or hardwoods.
Ed shared that when he was young and a "player" the thing was "does the carpet match the drapes?" But now the curiosity seems to be 'does she have carpet or hardwoods?'
Everyone laughed and then Ed said, "So Peg what is in your home, carpet or hardwoods?"
"Area Rug" I answered quickly as Ed put a peanut, shell and all, in his mouth!
He now was choking.
Someone had to do Heimlich.
I didn't think it was that funny.
So as things calmed down and he was back to sitting I said, "Gee Ed it wasn't that funny."
He told us all that, "You answered so damn quickly and didn't miss a beat that made it even funnier to me".
Oh my crazy funny neighbors!
Never boring around here.
8 comments:
I see what Ed found so funny. Area rugs? Does that mean it's just a patch down there? Splotchy? bare spots? Damn my mind is racing with pictures in my mind and that's not good.....
bonnie - :-)
That's a new one for me. Hardwoods?
Mike - it's like Ed said he only knew about the carpet matching the drapes that was new to him too until he heard them talking about it on the show. Wax off = hardwoods.
So you can ask your wife if you can polish her hardwoods. :-) or shampoo her carpets. Oh my I better stop I'm becoming my damn husband here.
Can you even imagine this being the last conversation you ever have... before choking to death? And what the obituary would say!
"Ed chokes to death on Peg's area rug!"
Oh Cora that is a damn hoot!
Ed is a cop to boot. his peers would have a field day.
I will never look at my area rug the same way again.....
you are so quick witted you are able to practically kill people with your humor. I'm impressed :D
that was very funny :)
I'm more of a "runner" myself ;-)
Post a Comment